♡ sakuatsu - a promising start to 2021 ♡

Atsumu's hand tightly grasped in his, Sakusa had never felt more comfortable in a crowd.

Sakusa had never been to a firework festival, he didn't see the point. Each and every one set off was enough noise to last him the whole of the next year, even if they were pretty. He had enjoyed hand-held ones, the ones he would buy with Komori when they were kids and tried to write letters in the air with the sparks - these were at least 100 times the size and much more extreme.

In his free hand was a bag, full of the variety of finger foods he and Atsumu had chosen at the concession stand before the line had built up so long. Sakusa's eyes drifted over the crowd of heads and shiny hats and headbands proclaiming it was New Year's Eve as if nobody else knew.

It took Atsumu another thirty minutes to manage to find a small hill not covered in other groups of people. Their small hill was one of the taller ones, probably a reason why it wasn't occupied when they got there, but they were well used to a good leg workout - the climb was nothing for them.

"Blanket?"

Sakusa silently pulled his bag off his back, reaching around the top few items, eventually pulling out a blanket. They were wise enough to pack a small one, at least, since they both knew hotel comforters tended to be less than washed after each use.

Sakusa sat next to Atsumu on the banket, grabbing the bag of snacks and grabbing the french fries, munching on a few after setting his mask beside him - it was just him and Atsumu, and he figured if Atsumu was going to get him sick he would've done it already.

Iced coffee - two bottles Sakusa also pulled out of the bag, mentally preparing himself as he handed one to his boyfriend, who thanked him in return.

"Thought 'ya didn't like coffee?"

With a clearly fake smile as he took the first sip, Sakusa looked as if he was trying to force himself to swallow the coffee. "Nope. Love coffee, so good."

Atsumu giggled as Sakusa downed a whole ton, looking sick after, and spitting all of it out on the grass next to him. "Why'd you order a coffee, Omi, thought 'ya preferred tea?"

Grumbling, Sakusa chugged nearly all of his water and glared at Atsumu. "I do like coffee. That was just because I had too much at once."

"Sure, sure. Here," Atsumu tossed Sakusa an iced tea he had packed in his bag, who eyed it skeptically. "Got 'ya a tea!"

"How come you have tea, I remember you telling me you hate iced tea."

With a brilliant smile on his face, one that Sakusa so adored, Atsumu winked at him. (and that definitely didn't make his heart race, in case you were wondering.) "Kinda figured you'd not get yourself one, so I brought some for 'ya!"

"Thank you."

Still smiling, Atsumu opened his arms for a hug. "'Course, but now 'ya owe me a hug," Atsumu's arms fell slightly, and his expression slightly dropped. "Actually, we can just do air hugs, if that'd make 'ya-"

Atsumu was interrupted by arms wrapping around him, squeezing him slightly. "Miya, I wouldn't turn down a hug after cuddling next to you the entire plane ride here."

Pink cheeks and a smile returned to his face, Atsumu couldn't help but feel lucky he was the one who got to be with someone as wonderful as Sakusa - not that Sakusa was thinking anything different, either.

A loud voice broke the moment, much to both of their displeasure, the countdown shown on a tall board turning white to red. "We're counting down, one minute left folks!"

Still not breaking their hug, they joined the counting quietly at 30 seconds left.

15, 14, 13, 12...

Forehead on his brought Atsumu's attention away from the blinking red numbers. Lips quickly meeting his brought him into the new year, a promising start to 2021.

"Happy new year, Atsumu."

Giddy smile plastered on his face, Atsumu squeezed tighter in their lasting embrace. "Yeah.. Happy new year, Omi." 

x finished

happy new year !!

sorry for not posting the past few days, my family got the new harvest moon/sos fomt game for christmas and i've been inseparable from my switch playing that n stardew valley :)

i'm finishing up a request i'll post either today or tomorrow too !