♡ levyaku - the car in front, please ♡

Lev yawned as he tapped on the steering wheel.

Tuesday mornings were always busy. It was just the way it always is.

These mornings, Lev would've melted into a puddle of exhaustion without some kind of pick-me-up, so he visited his favorite coffee shop each Tuesday morning.

Today's to-do list was bustling as always, perhaps further packed than normal, and Lev just wanted to go home and hide. That being said, there were always the seasonal treats that would be going in a week or so, and maybe, perhaps, a cookie could cure his morning.

"You're joking," Lev groaned as he smacked his forehead against the wheel, clutching it with despair as he watched the electric menu just a few cars in front of him buzz out and obnoxious screams come from the car currently giving their order. "I just want a coffee."

College was exhausting as is-Tuesdays especially-and the world didn't want to give him a break. Oh well, Lev figured, it's not worth the wait.

But turning around to leave, Lev noticed the line of cars behind him - at least 5, there wasn't a way out. He'd surely be late for his lecture.

The line rolled along, inch-by-inch, seemingly hours passed before only 2 cars were in front of him and he menu had turned back on.

"No, no nuts. I got a kid in the back allergic to 'em and if one of those things so much as touches 'er cup she'll break out," Lev heard the car at the station yell, "No, we don't want a large! I'm tellin' you she's a kid and you're askin' if I wanna large?"

From his place behind, he saw the driver in front facepalm.

Out of pure boredom, Lev studied the car in front of him. It was red and small, so small he wasn't sure he'd even fit in it. The windows were tinted so all he could see inside was a silhouette of a person and 2 rows of seats.

Although Lev noticed a key detail - one of the bumper stickers was a 2021 sticker from his university, he had one on his car too. Lev chewed on his lip as he realized he had recognized the car, but he'd never seen who'd gotten into it.

Realistically, it could've been a teacher. Still, Lev decided it was time for his random act of kindness and with a small smile on his face, he rolled down the window to face the speaker, glad it was finally his turn.

"Good morning, how can I help you?"

Lev rolled his eyes. This morning has been anything but good. "Uhm, I'd like an iced coffee and a scone, and can I pay for the car in front?"

It was evident that Lev's voice held a tad of nervousness as he watched his own order appear on the screen. "Uh, yeah, sure. I'll let them know real quick."

Lev nodded, even if he was aware they couldn't see. It took a moment before the speaker returned and asked him to move along the line.

~

Lev slumped in his seat, exhausted as he waited for the professor to excuse him.

He tapped his foot impatiently, not really paying attention but it was the last few minutes of class, generally just review. With the teacher's, "Alright, you're free to go," Lev packed his things quickly and rushed out.

Stopping briefly by the door to bid his professor farewell, Lev skipped out of the classroom, he was at least done with classes for the day.

And wow, was he ready to go home and make another cup of coffee, maybe scroll through social media briefly before he started on his homework. Oh, but maybe since a cute upperclassman called out, he could wait for a moment.

"Uh, hey! Wait!"

Lev turned around, a smile on his face despite how tired he was. "Me? Yes?"

The stranger nodded and Lev paused, letting them catch up. "You're - you're the one who paid for my coffee this morning, right?"

Lev nodded, smiling brighter at the stranger who was cooling off after a clearly exhausting run. "Oh thank heavens! I just wanted to say, uh, well thanks. I'd left my wallet here and didn't have any cash on me so you kind of saved me."

The stranger smiled at Lev, and Lev felt his cheeks tint just slightly. "Yeah, of course!"

With a sigh, the older boy looked off to the distance. "I uh- I still don't have any cash but I could pay you back tomorrow?"

"No, no," Lev beamed, patting the stranger's head, "It's fine! I wasn't expecting money back in the first place."

The stranger huffed and looked expectantly at Lev. "Please, let me at least do something in return."

Lev thought it through for a moment, ruffling the strangers hair and watching his cheeks tint a soft pink. "If you insist, you could give me your name."

The boy's cheeks were much brighter now, and he fell back momentarily. "Yaku - Uh, Yaku Morisuke."

Lev nodded excitedly, holding the door as they walked out the school exit. "Aw! Such a cute name! I'm Lev Haiba by the way, Yaku-san."

"Well," Yaku smiled softly, "Thanks for this morning, Haiba."

"Lev is fine, and actually, one more request - your number?"

Yaku spared a fond giggle as he shuffled through his backpack, pulling out a sticky note and a sharpie before quickly scribbling a few digits onto the page. "Don't you dare spam me, but here."

Lev looked at the paper, noting the neat 5s and the fany line through the 7. "...I won't. Good afternoon, Yaku-san, you'll hear from me tonight!"

Yaku gave a final smile before turning away, running to catch up with Kuroo to walk to the third year's dorms.

Turning around, he called, "I'm counting on that, Lev!" 

~finished. 

i don't know how college works!! sorry if some of this was off! 

i've been drowning in homework the past week, but in my breaks i've been working on a longer oneshot i'll post within the next few days :)

have a good day! (or night!) ♡