♡ iwaoi - project IW6AO9I ♡

Matsukawa wasn't sure if it was settle touches, the longing stares, or blushing and averting eyes from simply meeting eyes unexpectedly. Something, something, about how the two were so painfully obvious about being in love with each other, yet still weren't dating, was so, so infuriating to watch.

And so, he took it into his business and created project IW6AO9I - his and Makki's brilliance in naming. There, it was set. Meetings on Wednesdays after practice, since Iwaizumi and Oikawa left right away on Wednesdays to go to a nearby cafe, so they would be able to use the gym, no questions asked.

It was one day when Kunimi took a little longer in the showers and didn't come out until it was just project IW6AO9I's meeting that he found out. Walking out of the locker rooms, bag in hand, he froze, staring at his seniors who had been so involved in conversation that they didn't notice him.

"So, how did it go?"

"Well, it was the usual. Iwaizumi gushing about Oikawa - his 'charm' or 'skills'; sometimes even 'the way his face lights up when he laughs'."

Kunimi snickered. He had his bet on it, and if Kindaichi got word of this he would be $10 richer.

"Oh-! Kunimi, haha. Whe- When did you get here?"

"Mm. Long ago enough to know about Iwaizumi-senpai's big fat crush on Oikawa-san."

The two frantically looked at eachother, using their 'telekinesis' they practiced for hours for.

"Kunimi." 

Makki's expression darkend. He brought a hand tentatively to a nearby spot, encouraging the younger to sit, in which he accepted.

"You cannot say a word about this."

"Aha, and if I do?"

"Mhm. Yeah, if you do, we'll show the whole team this."

'This', as Matsukawa showed on his phone, was a picture of Kunimi feeding a chocolate to Kindaichi in the locker room.

"I- the door was locked!"

"Tsk, tsk, my kouhai. You still have much to learn - anyways, is this deal or no?"

"Fine - but only on one condition."

"Shoot."

"Let me in on whatever you're doing now."

"Okay, deal. But this too is top secret."

 "I understand - can Kindaichi know?"

 Matsukawa and Hanamaki shared unknowing glances until they figured it out with random blinks or nose twitches, 'weirdos' - kunimi akira.

"Let us swear him into secrecy first."

x

And from that day on, project IW6AO9I was a 4-person group. That is, until Yahaba started to get suspicious.

Packing up, he said his goodbyes and wandered out of the gym with his boyfriend - only to nudge him and stop right by the windows.

"Kunimi, Kindaichi. You guys got pictures from the cafe last week, yes?"

'Um-' Yahaba though, 'Kunimi and Kindaichi, the cafe? Why would they care?'

"Yes, we did. Here."

Curiously, Yahaba and Kyotani peeked at the printed photos being shared, only to notice it was rather their captain and vice captain, than Kunimi and Kindaichi.

"What the hell are they doing? Spying on them, that's so rude - even for me!"

"Zip it, Kentaro! They could hear-"

"What are you guys doing out here, spying on us?"

Kyotani scoffed. "What are you guys doing at the cafe, spying on Iwaizumi-san and captain?"

"Touché."

Yahaba and Kyotani made their way into the gym, sitting on the floor where they were told to.

"So, mind explaining?"

"Hm-? We'll explain, if you explain first."

"Fine," Mattsun sighed, "There's no point in hiding it. This is project IW6AO9I."

"Oh, yes," Yahaba started, sass evident in his voice, "We most certainly know what that is."

"Hush, will you? It's about captain and vice-cap."

Kyotani wrinkled his nose. "What about them?"

"Well-" He glanced cautiously at Hanamaki, who only nodded. "We're trying to get them together."

"They aren't already together?"

Everyone stared blankly at Kyotani.

"No?"

"Weird - they act like they're together." 

Matsukawa smiled knowingly. "They do, don't they? That's what this is about."

"I see."

"So..."

"So?"

"Want to join us?"

"Count me in!"

"Count me out."

"Count Kentaro in, too."

"Perfect, meet us here at the same time next Wednesday."

x

Next was Watari - or it should have been, expect that it wasn't .

...

Next was Takeda-sensei.

He had been visiting Seijoh in hopes to set up another practice match, (they did get that practice match, by the way!), when he found them in the gym. Soon as he found out what the meeting was for, he eagerly joined, dragging Karasuno's coach as well as the rest of the team in.

Mind you, poor Watari has no idea this is happening until Yahaba dragged him to a meeting and explained everything to him, forcing him to join their group.

So, when Iwaizumi wandered back into the gym one day after forgetting his bag, he found all of Karasuno as well as the rest of his team blankly staring at him, pictures of him and Oikawa on the table.

Long story short, Iwaizumi joined the group, although they had to move meetings to a time he could join.

x

And so this was the day - the day project IW6AO9I's grand plan would be set into action, after practice, on a Wednesday.

The whole team was jumpy all day, ecstatic because today was the day.

"Oh, Mattsun-"

And Oikawa was shoved into the storage closet with Iwaizumi.

"Uhm-"

And then Iwaizumi kissed Oikawa and Oikawa kissed back-

And then they were let out, hand in hand-

And then Coach Ukai drove them to a nearby park-

And they had a nice date, although Oikawa was a little confused. 

xx

iwaizumi was studying - cautiously, making sure oikawa wasn't eating his textbooks. he left for the bathroom for a minute after hiding all the textbooks and books he could see. alas, he entered the room only to be greeted with, 

"Iwa-chan, I just ate a bible!"

xxx

me?? writing iwaoi??? never. 

also?? im working on a little something?? ill announce it at the end of the next oneshot~! :)

and!! -_nico_nico_nii_- for the wonderful idea of feeding oikawa a bible :D