♡ iwaoi / bokuaka - practice ♡

^this picture ahhhhhh
x

'This training camp will be fun.'

That was Oikawa's normal promise to himself. Usually followed by:

'...right?'

Training camps were fun. And Oikawa loved attending them. He hadn't been to a single camp he hadn't enjoyed - and he's been to quite a few, considering he's the captain of a powerhouse school and been playing since he was little.

There were only two things Oikawa didn't like about training camps. These, being:

A. There were other setters, better setters. That for him, (and probably anyone else), took tolls on his confidence.

B. His 'Iwa-chan' would be there the whole week. That meant, of course, no late practicing nights because Iwaizumi would know. (and Oikawa would like to save himself from as many headbutts as he possibly can.)

"Kusokawa! Hurry up, the bus leaves soon!"

Oikawa jumped out of his thoughts, tripping over his feet, rushing towards his boyfriend.

"I'm coming, Iwa-chan!"

The ride to tokyo was long and boring. Iwaizumi had fallen asleep 5 minutes in, and he didn't have any games aside from Neko Atsume on his phone. (and yes, if you're wondering, his cats are all named after his teammates and friends)

Another thing - Tokyo was a lot larger than Miyagi. And Oikawa would hardly know anyone there, aside from 'Kenma'. (he didn't really know him either - he just remembered him from the 'pretty setters group chat' Karasuno's #2 made to discuss strategies - not that they really ever did that.)

'Oh well' 

Oikawa thought, 'Better than Miyagi training camps, where there's normally Kageyama and Ushijima.'

x

The training camp was going better than expected. The Nekoma and Fukurodani captains were cool, much, much less boring than Sawamura and Ushijima.

Iwaizumi seemed to like Fukurodani's setter. They ended up spending lunch together when Oikawa and Bokuto had to do a lunch meeting with the other captains. Oikawa wasn't jealous, he wasn't.

Well, maybe he got a little jealous when he found his boyfriend chatting with Akaashi on his way sneaking off to the gym to practice late again.

Whatever though, right? Nobody was in the gym. It was just him - he could take all his anger out on practice and nobody was there to stop him. Nobody would stop him, because the only person who ever stopped him was busy with Akaashi.

And icing on the cake, he didn't even get the gym to himself for long. Soon enough, Fukurodani's captain stumbled in, looking at him excitedly.

"Hey Oikawa! You staying for extra practice?"

'Yes!' Oikawa thought, 'I am, finally!'

"Huh? Oh, yeah."

"Really! And you're a setter, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well.." Bokuto fumbled with his fingers, "Akaashi is busy with you're wing spiker, so he won't set for me..."

"And you want me to set for you!"

"Yeah!"

Bokuto frowned slightly. "You... you will toss to me, right?"

The gym was silent for a few moments before Oikawa's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Oh, yes! Yes, I will!"