♡ daisuga - i like you ♡

30 oneshots who?

x

"Hey, Suga, can you meet me by the garden after class?"

"Huh? Of course, Daichi!"

"Thanks."

And with that, Karsuno's captain awkwardly shuffled out of morning practice, on his way to the first period. Sugawara following closely behind, Asahi trailing behind, and of course, with a Noya riding on his back, waiting to be dropped off by his classroom.

"Oh! I almost forgot, I have to be there early to help work on the school festival planning! Ah, I'm already late. I'll see you after class, Daichi. Bye Asahi, Noya!"

As Sugawara ran off, Asahi turned to Daichi.

"So, you actually asked him to meet you there?"

"Yeah."

"Wow, you got guts. Good luck!"

"Yeah, good luck man! We'll be cheering for you!"

"Thanks guys. It means a lot to me."

|| later, at the garden, Sugawara and Daichi. Noya and Asahi quietly watch from a window in a classroom. ||

"Hey, Daichi! Why'd ya wanna meet me out here?"

"Actually.."

 Daichi took a deep breath in, going over the speech he's been planning forever now. 

"Look, Koushi, I've known you for a while now, and I can't wait any longer. Here I go.."

He noticed the visible pink on Sugawara's cheeks at the mention of his first name. He took that as a good sign, and continued. 

"I remember when we were first years and joined the volleyball club. That's when I first met you, and one of the reasons why volleyball is so important to me to this day."

"Aw, Daichi! That's so sweet." 

"Haha thanks. Anyways, and now I'm the captain, and you're my co-captain. That's so crazy to me."

"Totally! Aren't we so lucky?"

"Absolutely. As I was saying, it's been years and I'm sure of this. At first, in our first year, I wasn't so sure. I thought I was just really excited to have a close friend. But, in second year, I noticed it was much more than that. And now, half way through our third and final year, I'm finally finding the confidence to tell you. So.."

Daichi took a sharp breath in, standing up straighter than before, bringing his gaze from Sugawara's feet to his (beautiful) eyes.

"I really like you. Like, like like you. Will you please go on a date with me?"

"Not funny.This is not funny Daichi."

"What?"

"Seriously! Any other prank or joke would be okay and funny, but it's so rude to play with my feelings like this!"

"Suga, I'm not-"

"Ugh! You were talking with Noya then, right? I swear I will give that boy a piece of my mind if this is a dare from him!"

"Suga, it's not! I promise."

"Whatever. If you think playing with my feelings is a funny joke, I'm going. Goodbye, Daichi. I will see you at practice."

x

"So, how'd it go?"

"Uh.. well. We aren't together."

Asahi gave a sceptical glance toward Sugawara's direction, (who was currently sulking in the corner of the clubroom), and Noya frowned a little. 

"What? I'm sorry man. Wanna talk about it?"

"I don't know what there is to talk about. He doesn't believe me."

"What do you mean by that?"

"He thinks it's some kind of prank or dare. He said it's not funny to play with his feelings."

Of course, what Asahi andNoya expected was for Sugawara to happily agree and the two to start dating and get married 3 days later and adopt the rest of Karasuno's volleyball team. (Not exactly, but close enough.) Although, iit still remained a possibility in Asahi's brain that things would end up like this.

Both him and Noya were of course concerned for Daichi, it was them after all who had been the ones who had encouraged him to confess. They were also pretty sure he took it as rejection, all though of course, it was pretty obvious that he felt the same way.

"Hey! It'll be okay, Daichi-san! It's not a no, it just means he doesn't believe you!"

"Yeah, like Nishi said, you just have to find a way to prove it to him."

While Noya, Asahi, and Daichi thought of ideas, (that all ended up bad plans), someone approached them with a straight face.

"Excuse me. If you are talking about Sugawara not believing Daichi's confession, I may have an idea that could work."

x

Daichi stood in the middle of the local flower shop, (the one Ushijima worked at because I'm a sucker for a good coffee shop AU), asking his fellow captain for advice picking a bouquet.

The one he ended up choosing was beautiful, with blacks and oranges, (of course to show Karasuno colors, which, as mentioned earlier, is very important to their relationship!), and had a single light grey painted rose in the center with a note attached.

In Daichi's handwriting, the note said:

Hey Suga.

I know you don't believe me when I say I really like you, but I'm being honest. So please, give me just one chance to prove to you I really mean it?

Please come find me at the top of the hill we always walk bye on our way home from practice. 

-Daichi.

x

At the end of a very long day of ignoring his best friend, Sugawara slouched down into his seat in his last class. When he tried to rest his head on the dest, he noticed a very beautiful bouquet was in the way.

He admired it for a few seconds before finding the tag on the silver rose, reading it quietly for himself.

'Oh no,' He thought to himself, 'It would be so embarrassing if he actually meant it!'

Debating on whether or not he should go, he glanced at Daichi's seat, only to find that he wasn't there.

'He really meant now, huh.'

In the end, he picked up the bouquet and he was on his way to the hill.

x

At the top sat a variety of foods on a picnic blanket, along with Daichi.

"Oh my goodness.."

"Suga! You came afterall."

"I guess I did."

Daichi leaped up from his spot, placing a carefully made flower crown on top of Sugawara's silver hair.

"Ready for me to prove how much I actually do like you?"

"Please, go ahead."

Sitting down on the grass, Sugawara was handed a plate with handmade fortune cookies. Looking skeptical at one, he picked it up, sliding out a golden slip of paper.

In Daichi's finest handwriting, the note said:

I love how silvery your hair is. It reminds me of the little pill bugs we would hide in your hair to bring into class so they would be 'safe'.

Biting into the cookie and reaching for another, the next note said:

I love how much you care for our team. They all see you as such an amazing role model, rightfully so.

Sugawara cried slightly before giving Daichi a big hug.

"Believe me now, Koushi?"

"Yes, Daichi. I believe you. Thank you, and I like you to."

"Does this mean you'll be my boyfriend?"

"Of course!"

x x x

bonus:

"Thank you, Kiyoko. How did you know what would work?"

"Oh, I have my ways. Tell Suga that I say hi though."

x x x 

school starts next week and i dont wanna go backkkk