♡ bokuaka - bus stop ♡

im back :D and bus driver au ?? i guess ??

/

Bokuto loved his job. He loved the kids, they were very sweet and he loved their energy, he loved the way he was allowed to put up pictures on the side of the driver window of his family, and more importantly, he loved the bus driver who drove route 5.

He didn't know him personally, but Bokuto was convinced Mr. Akaashi was an angel. The luckiest Bokuto would ever get was a wave when their routes crossed in the mornings or, if he was really lucky, a warm smile for him to cherish.

The kids on Bokuto's bus were loud, louder than they were when the year started. Bokuto's energy had infected them and each morning blasting a popular music station got the kids to sing along to songs they knew and do their little dances. He'd give all the kids stickers on Fridays and wish the kids dropped off at each stop a good day.

Even though Akaashi's bus didn't have all that, the kids loved him just as much. He drove a bus to the middle schools and high schools, so his bus was much quieter anyways. The teenagers on his bus had gentle, quiet chit-chat and thanked him when they were dropped off. Akaashi would wish good mornings upon the kids, and the only music was the occasional classical music so quiet you could only hear it if you were in the front few rows.

Akaashi loved his peaceful mornings, but he couldn't help but wonder about route 4's bus. Whenever he passed them in the mornings, he could hear the loud music and excited kids from his distance, and the bus driver was always so involved in it too.

Akaashi smiled and waved as he watched route 4 roll past him. The teenager who generally sat in the front to chat with him raised her eyebrows skeptically, watching curiously as the other bus passed her window. "Who's that?"

With a hum, Akaashi turned down his music a little. "Mr. Bokuto, he drives route 4."

"Right," the girl rolled her eyes, "I'd've never guessed."

"Yeah, yeah, Natsu. I don't know what else you expect me to know about him."

Natsu grinned, flashing her pearly white teeth and Akaashi almost had to do a double take to remember that he wasn't talking to his friend from high school. "Do you like him?!"

"Natsu!"

The girl giggled, checking her watch and frowning once she saw the date. "School ends pretty soon. Whatcha gonna do when you can't see your bus driver crush everyday?"

"I do not have a crush on Mr. Bokuto. I don't know where you got that from."

"My brother, mostly," Natsu grinned, "he's Mr. Bokuto's roommate and apparently Mr. Bokuto talks a ton about the pretty bus driver who drives route 5."

Akaashi counted his lucky stars as he pulled into the car park for the middle school, Natsu's stop. "Bye, Natsu, have a good day, you too, yeah, good luck on finals, kids."

Natsu pouted but filed out the small walkway with the rest of the middle schoolers. Akaashi slumped in his seat. Middle school was his last stop until pick-up time which wasn't for another few hours. And at the very least, it was Friday, meaning he'd be off for a few days and finally have a little time to rest.

His phone made a small sound and he picked it up hesitantly, that notification sound only meaning one thing.

One new private message from [ THE BOSS! ] | ITTETSU TAKEDA

[ THE BOSS! ] | ITTETSU TAKEDA: hey akaashi! the volleyball girls team is going to have an away game tomorrow and bokuto was supposed to do it with kuroo but kuroo had a last minute cancelation and i'm looking for someone to fill his spot. if you can't, that's okay, but i will pay you extra of course and it's with bokuto ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[ route 5 ] | Akaashi Keiji: Thank you Takeda-san, I'd love to take the job! I'm assuming we're taking 2 different busses, and how long will it be?