♡ semishira - mario kart ♡

The list of things Shirabu wasn't good at was-much to his distaste-rather long.

The list was full of random things, everyday troubles that proved to be a pain with lack of skill - folding, painting, tying shoelaces, etc.

The list, however, missed something that was unfortunately high on Semi's own, a skill so trivial it was almost not worth making it to the list.

That is, of course, until Tendo invites his best friend, boyfriend, and best friend's boyfriend over for a casual war. This 'causal war', naturally, being none other than chaos sold to consumers at the price of $60 USD and titled 'Mario Kart 8'.

Mario Kart had been a well-known troublemaker for a while, and Tendo sure knew what he was getting himself into when he sent a text of invitation that morning. The thing Tendo did not know, however, was how freakishly good Shirabu was at the game.

1pm hit the clocks and not long after guests made their way into Tendo's living room, where his switch was connected to the TV and several controllers were placed orderly on the coffee table.

"Welcome, welcome," Tendo had started, as if he were completely innocent to the violence soon to come, "Take a seat wherever!"

Semi nodded, sitting on the floor next to the couch directly under his boyfriend while Tendo and Wakatoshi occupied the other two seats. "Mhm, thanks for having us over Tends."

"No problem!" Thanks for volunteering yourselves for battle.

Shirabu shuffled awkwardly, playing with Semi's hair in the areas it stuck out randomly. "Yeah..thanks, Tendo-san.."

'If only you knew, poor, poor Shirabu.' Tendo's eyes gleamed for a moment before handing Shirabu a joy-con and Semi the other. "'Course, Shira-child!"

Shirabu grumbled something along the lines of 'I'm not a child...' but nonetheless stayed silent, examining the small controller in his hand.

Shirabu, as much as he hated it, wasn't super big. He stood 5'7" - 2 inches shorter than his boyfriend who loved to remind him. That also meant he had hands on the smaller side, another thing Semi never failed to mention. However, fortunately for Shirabu, there was one true benefit to the size of his hands.

The joy-con fit perfectly. With the perk of fitting the controller, Shirabu was also very skilled with single joy-con play style. Truly, he had an advantage over even Tendo and Ushijima who were using pro-controllers.

"Tends, what cup we playing?"

Smirking, Tendo clicked his tongue. "Specialty. Wish your little boo-boyfriend good luck!"

Semi joined Tendo's evil expression. They had played many, many rounds of specialty cup and he knew all the shortcuts as well as the map layouts, something neither Ushijima nor Shirabu could add to their lists of success. "Oh baby, Kenjiro you better be prepared. I love you and all, but that doesn't mean I'm going easy on you!"

'Don't worry,' Shirabu thought, 'You won't need to.'

~

To say Tendo was raged would be an understatement.

No, he was ready for war as soon as Shirabu's fireball spun him out.

"ShirabOOO!! Kid, child, stupidhead!"

Shirabu chuckled as he rounded the corner, finishing in first. "Semi!! Your boyfriend is a monster, a terror!"

Semi grumbled, recalling the many of Shirabu's banana peels he had slipped on. "I know! Shirababes you're evil!"

Shirabu smiled down upon his fuming boyfriend. "Call me Shirababes again and you're really gonna hate playing Mario Kart with me."

Semi grumbled, muttering something about being his boyfriend and getting pet name rights or whatever but regardless he picked his controller up from where he had thrown it short after finishing the cup in third. (Tendo in second, and Ushijima in fifth - to be fair, he had never played Mario Kart before.)

"I'm calling a rematch!"

~ finished. 

idk what to feel about this, but i haven't posted in a week so here!! 

i'm working on requests too, i promise!!