❆ sakuatsu - mistletoe ❆

Not once in Kiyoomi's grand number of years did he ever expect - or even think of the current situation as a possibility.

But nonetheless, it was a very real experience, being trapped between Komori and Atsumu, who was blocked by his brother, under a questionably placed mistletoe.

"Haha.. Omi-kun, whatcha doin' here?"

Kiyoomi raised a skeptical eyebrow, still trying to fight Komori and run away. "You gave me a ride, Miya."

Atsumu opened his mouth to defend himself, but yeah - it was a stupid mistake. "Right."

Stumbling a little closer as Osamu pushed him, Atsumu raised his hands as an instinct to brace his fall. Instead however, his hands landed on Kiyoomi's solid chest, eyes looking up to meet the taller boy's as both boys flushed. "Sorry Omi."

The atmosphere was awkward, neither knowing what to do and wanting nothing more than to run away, forgetting this incident ever happened. Alas, both were blocked by their rather persistent relatives, shooting daggers in return for the smirking faces of those confining them.

"Motoya, let's go."

Komori only shook his head, nudging his cousin closer to Atsumu. With a nonchalant attempt, he pointed to the mistletoe hanging by a thin thread above their heads, both boys instantly looking to the side.

"'Samu."

Shrugging, Osamu pushed his brother closer to the slightly flushed boy opposite of him. "Sorry bro, but we ain't gonna let ya go until ya kiss."

The boys on the outside smirked as the inner two flushed, Atsumu pink as a peach, Kiyoomi's ears a recognizable cherry color. "Motoya, cut the crap. Let us go."

Motoya almost gave in to Kiyoomi's pleading eyes, but the harsh glare from Osamu kept him in check. "Sorry, you gotta get over ignoring your feelings and just get it over with."

"Motoya this isn't a cheesy Christmas movie. Let. Me. Go."

Komori shook his head once again, only finding the strength to resist letting Kiyoomi go by Osamu's steady stare, daring him to give in. Although not even Osamu was perfect at this, and Atsumu was able to break free, elbow to his twin's gut, causing him to double over and giving him just enough time to escape, urging Kiyoomi to run out that way while he could.

Kiyoomi complied, rushing after his friend as he tried not to run into all the people crowding the rooms. He almost lost Atsumu - he would've lost Atsumu, if the boy hadn't taken his hand in his, leading him through the busy halls and into the farest bathroom findable.

Normally Kiyoomi would've despised the touch. Yet, somehow in that moment, he didn't want to let go, rather, he gave a light squeeze as they maneuvered their way around the building.

Atsumu led Kiyoomi to the sink, who raised an eyebrow at the way he gestured towards it. "Yes, I see that there is a sink."

Sighing, Atsumu walked himself to a point he could use the sink, turning on the water and cleaning off his own hands, motioning for Kiyoomi to do the same. "Why are we washing our hands again?"

"Well, I sorta grabbed yer hand without thinkin'. Sorry Omi."

Kiyoomi smiled as he dried his hands. "Oh, it's fine Atsu. Thanks for getting us out of there - Atsumu?"

Atsumu's eyes shone as he, too, finished drying his hands. "You finally called me Atsumu!"

Chuckling lightly, Kiyoomi strode closer. "I thought that's what you wanted me to call you..?"

"No it is! You just normally don't, and you even gave me a nickname! Omi, you're so cute!!"

Kiyoomi slid off his mask to grab a sip from the water he had in his bag. He sighed, looking over at Atsumu and admiring his features - his partly-lidded, chocolate eyes that seemed just a touch lighter than Osamu's. His perfect jawline, nothing to bat an eye at, and his build, clearly proving he hadn't been skipping gym days.

"Ah.."

Snapping his attention away from admiring how unrealistically perfect his best friend was, he half-heartedly raised his eyebrows at Atsumu.

"I left my water on the table."

Kiyoomi wanted to gag as he saw Atsumu turn to shove his head under the faucet. "No, please, please do not do that in front of me. Here," Kiyoomi tossed his water towards Atsumu, who caught it and gave him a look of pure appreciation before taking a sip himself. 

Giving a content sigh, he tossed the bottle back to Kiyoomi, who caught it and tucked it back in his bag. "You do realize that counts as an indirect kiss, yeah Omi?" 

Kiyoomi quirked an eyebrow. "You're making a deal over an indirect kiss?"

Atsumu pouted, turning his head away and huffing quietly. "Well, I mean.."

Kiyoomi lifted himself from his position slouched against the bathroom wall, bringing himself mere inches away from Atsumu, who was flushing red.

"Then how would you react if I actually kissed you?"

Atsumu's eyes widened and he took a step back, finding himself hitting the bathroom door, hands refusing to open the door because come on, Atsumu. You can't run away every time. Something's gotta happen.

Kiyoomi leaned in, giving Atsumu chaste kiss before pulling away, lifting Atsumu's chin to see the mistletoe hanging above them. "Omi.."

Atsumu wrapped his arms around Kiyoomi, the taller gladly accepting the hug. "Are you.. Uh. crying?"

Atsmu shook his head, wetting Kiyoomi's shirt with his tears. "Omi, ya don't know how long I've wanted you to do that!"

Kiyoomi chuckled, thanking his lucky stars he was lucky enough to find someone who wasn't afraid to elbow their brother in the gut then run away, albeit he was screeching like a bird as he ran through the halls.

"Hey Atsu?"

Atsumu looked up, motioning for Kiyoomi to continue. "Do you think it's weird that there's a mistletoe in the boys bathroom?"

Atsumu shrugged his shoulders, returning to their embrace that had certainly lasted more than the friendly 10-second hug at this point. "I mean, I think our coaches decorated this year."

Kiyoomi nodded. "Yeah, that would add a few things up." 

x finished 

friendly reminder to  go drink a glass of water, grab a snack, and remember you're loved :)