♡ tsukkiyama - distracted ♡

~°tsukkishima kei's pov°~

"tsukki, wait up!"

"walk faster."
i grumbled in annoyance but still slowed down, very nonchalantly.

"tadashi, what are you even doing?"

the boy behind me said something, but his words were choppy and it was incoherent.

"speak up."

"sorry tsukki."
this time it was much clearer. goodness, he aplogizes too much.

"um, tsukki?"

"yes?"

"is something wrong? you seem a little out of it today."

he had a point. i was annoyed easier than normal and it felt like something new got on my nerves every few seconds. although, it made my day that tadashi still cared for me enough to ask if i was okay even if ive been extra jerky all day.

"no, tadashi. everything is fine."

i started walking away, trying to get the smile off my face and the pink from my cheeks.

"oh. s-sorry tsukki."

tadashi has always had a stutter - i thought it was cute, although i never would have told him that. however, it seemed especially prominent today.

when i glanced back i noticed an upset look on tadashi's face. i mean - i also noticed how perfect his skin was, soft his hair looked, adorable his freckles were, and beautiful his dark eyes were. but, thats not important right now.

my heart hurt whenever he had that look on his face.

maybe, just maybe i have crush on tadashi. or maybe i don't. i mean, everyone probably thinks he's cute - who wouldnt think he's cute?

"ugh, whatever. lunch is almost over and we have maths next. we best be on our way."

"yes, tsukki. im sorry."

"no need to apologize so much. "

with that, we left for our class and continued the day per usual. my mood had brightened a little since my talk with tadashi. he always had that effect on me.

the only other thing not so normal about today was also tadashi. he's been on my mind all day and it's been hard to concentrate. i cant stop think about him, his personality, his cute charm, his -

"tsukkishima. please pay attention."

"yes. sorry miss, please continue teaching."

tadashi had a concerned look o  his face. i shrugged at him, and he seemed to get the memo that i was fine, although a little worry still was prominent on his face. tadashi will always be tadashi, and he will always worry too much about everything. its one of the things that make him perfectly perfect.

i half payed attention to the lesson, but my brain was still filled with tadashi.

tadashi, tadashi, tadashi. it was a really sweet name and i loved way it sounded.

half in dreamland, the bell rung and i continued to stare forward mindlessly.

"tsukki? tsukki! ah, tsukki are you okay?"

i didnt even realize what tadashi was saying. i just melted into how sweet his voice was. that was, of course, until i felt myself being shaken lightly.

"what the hell, tadashi?!"

he looked bewilderedly at me then at the ground.

"sorry, tsukki. i just wanted to make sure you were okay and all, i won't do it again, i promise."

i hate that he still does that. its been years and everything those bullies said to him still gets him sometimes. i want to beat them up so bad.

"no, tadashi. its fine. oh, did class end already?"

"yeah, like 3 minutes ago. its also wednesday so that was our last class for today, plus there isn't volleyball today since the 3rd years have some kind of event to attend."

"oh. so, its time to go home already?"

"yes, pretty much. are you okay with stopping by coach ukai's convince store on our way home?"

"yeah, sure. let's go."

"mhm."

i couldn't help but notice the pleasant smile on tadashi's face. when he's happy, im happy.

~°yamaguchi tadashi's pov°~

words, letters, pictures, and everything else were flying around my mind. although, every pixel seemed to mash together anf create the one and only most stunning name,

tsukkishima kei.

it was so beautiful i couldnt help but smile. tsukki was smiling too,  that only added to my good mood as we walked down the path to the small store.

"oi, if it isnt the not-so-chaotic first years. how can i help you two?"

"oh, coach ukai! i'll take a tea. tsukki, what do you want? my treat!"

tsukki looked through the options and decided to go with a tea as well. as i payed and thanked the coach, we made our way to a local park.

this is it.  i thought.

now or never!

"t-tsukki! i, i have to tell you something!"

"yes, tadashi? what is it?"

in, out. remeber to breathe.

"i-i, i really like you, tsukki. and i have for a long time. you mean the world to me and i absolutely adore everything about you. i know you probably don't think the same way about me but i still wanted to let you know because well. uh, i dont know. oh, im sorry. i probably just ruined every-"

"oi, tadashi. you gotta give yourself more credit."

and with that, i felt tsukki reach out and give me a hug.

tsukki wasn't much of a hugger, so i learned to cherish each and every hug.

"i like you too, tadashi. and, if um, you would like to, we can go watch the new volleyball movie together tomrrow. my treat."

my eyes watered. tsukki was hardly ever this sweet and gentle, and normally i was the one to offer to pay for everything.

"oh, tsukki! i'd love to."

despite it being a school night, we still agreed on having a sleepover at my house. it wasn't to much of a deal though - we went to bed early, both of us with pleasant smiles on our faces and excitment for tomorrow.