♡ matsuhana - lets go meet a giant stuffed mario ♡

idea due to @Peculiarperfect  :)

|

"Tonight at four?" Oikawa grinned as he joined his boyfriend at his locker. Iwaizumi nodded, closing his locker and briefly waving to Matsukawa as he grabbed Oikawa's arm to lead him out the door. "Okay. I'll pick you up by the fountain in the park?"

Matsukawa was only half-listening, more preoccupied thinking about a show Makki had recommended to him he stayed up all night reading previously. Throughout the bits he heard, he managed to piece a bit together.

A bit was enough to determine they were going on a date to the new fancy restaurant at four, and they were meeting at the park.

"Makki," He called, waving to his boyfriend to meet up with him so they could walk home together. "You'd never guess what I just caught."

"If you're sick I will hit you with a bus."

Mattsun frowned. "I think you spend too much time with Iwaizumi. You're starting to sound like him."

Makki shrugged, reaching up to brush a bit of hair away from Mattsun's eyes. "Yesterday, you told me you were stealing my best friend because he had fancy teas. I had to steal your best friend so I wouldn't be lonely."

"But he had the fancy kind, Makki, and you can't have your best friend back because you won't appreciate the tea."

"And then you can't stop me from hanging out with Iwaizumi if you and Oikawa run off to drink fancy teas."

"Fine," Mattsun sighed. "But actually, speaking of Iwaoi, perhaps if they would be going on a date tonight would you maybe want to stalk them with me?"

"Is that even a question?"

It took too long to reach 4 pm. Of course, they spent their time re-creating One Direction x Y/N fanfics in the living room and eating slices of cheese. They'd gotten distracted enough to keep from checking the time every few minutes, but as soon as Mattsun noticed it was 3:45 they rushed to the park as quick as they could.

"Darling, do you think Oikawa or Iwaizumi will be here first?"

"Hm," Makki pretended to think, "I don't remember a time Oikawa was actually on time for anything. I think Oikawa?"

"You're so funny." Mattsun rolled his eyes, watching as unsurprisingly Iwaizumi was the first one to show up, nervously pacing in front of the fountain. "On a scale from one to ten, how much do you think Iwaizumi is panicking?"

"It looks like 6 right now, but that's Oikawa's car so I'm thinking it's gonna be 12 in a minute."

Mattsun nodded. They watched as Oikawa ran to his boyfriend and quickly led him to his car, frantically apologizing for being late while explaining where they were headed for their date.

Neither Makki nor Mattsun had a car, so they had to stick with meeting them at the restaurant and taking the bus. As soon as they got onto the bus, they pulled out their sunglasses and fedoras, stepping into the expensive-looking restaurant moments after.

Makki and Mattsun found their seat behind their friend's, hiding in the booth as they tried their best to look through the menu in the most unsuspicious way.

"Mattsun, I'm bored."

All Oikawa and Iwaizumi were doing the same old married couple stuff they always did. "If I wanted to watch this I would just watch them eat at lunch."

"Yeah." Mattsun sighed, "I think I'm gonna get a panini."

"Do you even know what a panini is?"

"No."

Makki sighed. "I'll get one too."

As it turns out, Makki did enjoy his panini. Mattsun did, but not as much considering Makki shoved half of the sandwich in his mouth and declared it to be his new favorite food. Mattsun had to keep his laughter down in fear of getting caught by their friends just a booth ahead.

"Mattsun, can I finish your panini?" Makki asked, politely stealing the plate closer to himself.

"No! You had your own Panini. Go order another if you want more."

"Fine!" Makki huffed as he rose in his most unsuspicious way to order another panini.

By the time He'd finished his second panini, Mattsun was just finishing his first and was rather stuffed. Without thinking much of it, they left the restaurant and didn't even pay mind to the fact that Oikawa's car was long gone from the parking lot.

"So, where to?"

Makki hummed, glancing around before his eyes settled on a poster hanging from the nearby bulletin board. "Ooh, look! There's half-off wristbands at the Nintendo theme park."

Mattsun grinned, and without more word to it, they hopped on the nearest train leading to the theme park - quite the fair distance from the restaurant they had just been at.

"Darling, how do you feel about checking out the Zelda section after we eat?"

"Yeah, sure, but didn't you just eat two paninis?"

"I'm still hungry. Are you saying you don't want more food?"

"No..."

Makki somehow managed to eat an entire dozen of toad-shaped cookies before he eventually groaned and threw his head against the table.

"I think I ate too many cookies."

Mattsun only laughed, sipping from his Mario-themed water bottle they'd given him and offering it to his boyfriend after a few seconds. "And who does the blame fall on for that?"

"You." Makki glared as he chugged half of Mattsun's water before returning it to him. "But thanks. I'll go win you a Pokemon plushie or whatever when we get to the arcade."

Mattsun laughed, returning to his absent sips as they left the cafe. "You know you suck at these games, right?"

Makki pouted and glared, but gave his boyfriend a confident smirk when his eyes found the balloon pop game. "Oh yeah? So you think you can get a better score on the balloon pop than me?"

"Oh, absolutely, buttercream."

As it turns out, Makki was much better at balloon pop games than Mattsun.

Makki was also much better at balloon pop games than the game manager expected, considering he'd broken three records within the span of 10 minutes.

"How are you so good at this?!"

"A magician never reveals his secrets."

Before Mattsun could give his own quip, his phone dinged. Upon checking it, he got a notification for Oikawa posting.

He clicked on the app, Oikawa's pictures showing up first on his homepage.

Had a lovely date with the love of my life today :)

Mattsun smacked his head with his palm. "Makki, Oikawa and Iwaizumi are at the boba place by school."

Makki shrugged, grabbing his boyfriend's phone and turning it off. "Sucks to be them I guess, cause we're going to go meet a giant stuffed Mario." 

| complete 

if someone v awkwardly told you about avocados last thursday that may have been me