❆ sakuatsu - exchanging gifts ❆

Sakusa felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, a subtle reminder that he couldn't stare at the pictures of him and his boyfriend forever, rather, he had forgotten to unlock the doors a few minutes prior and Komori was most likely cursing him from outside in the cold winter storm.

"KIYOOMI! I swear, if you don't let me in right now, I'll spit in your coffee and all of the food you ever eat. I'll go, I don't know, go tell Atsumu that you cheated on him-"

"That's MIYA to you, and shut up, I'm coming geez!"

Komori huffed and nearly shoved his way in, quickly shutting the door behind him and giving his cousin an accusatory glare. "He said I could call him Atsumu. And what the actual hot buttercup vanilla mint pie did you leave me out there for? I could've frozen to death!"

Sakusa raised his eyebrows, reaching over to lock the door while Komori changed out of his cold jacket and stole one of Sakusa's sweaters. "Chill, it was like five minutes!"

Huffing, Komori made his way into Sakusa's kitchen, collapsing onto a bar stool and bringing out his phone. "I don't understand why he likes you so much, you're so rude!"

"Miya. And stop being jealous, Motoya. We know you're a sad single, boo-hoo, next please."

With a confident smirk, Komori opened Instagram. "You're the literal definition of a bully. Plus, at the rate you talk about him I'm not sure he'll even be a Miya far past high school."

Sakusa's face tinted slightly, and he wished greatly he had a mask to cover his cheeks but he left everything upstairs. "Stupid Motoya. Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

Komori chuckled and swiped through his phone, punching in a few digits. "Hey Kiyoomi?" Sakusa looked up from his spot where had started making two cups of coffee. "That reminds me. I thought you hated coffee?"

Wrinkling his nose, Sakusa set the winter limited peppermint creamer on the counter next to Komori's coffee, his left black as he stired a spoon occasionally, mixing nothing. "I do, tea is far superior."

Komori's expression showed his pure confusion, Sakusa's showing a thoughtful one. "Wanna explain why you've had a cup of black coffee everytime I come over?"

Sakusa sighed, pushing himself away from the counter and looking at the light color of his cousin's coffee. "Well, uh. There's a new coffee place downtown "Atsu mentioned a new coffee shop he wanted to try next time he comes to town, and well, they don't sell tea."

A smile graced Komori's lips as he took a sip of his overly-sweetened coffee. "It's always about Atsumu, huh?"

"Miya, and it's kind of hard for everything to be about him when he's my entire world, you know?" Sakusa laughed a little, cringing at the taste of the coffee. "I guess you don't, considering you've always been the lonely loser."

Komori, ready to retaliate back, gave Sakusa a pout, readying some of his best insults all before a ping brought his attention to Sakusa's phone being pulled out of his pocket. He watched as Sakusa widened his eyes, rushing towards the door and opening it immediately. "Atsumu!"

Atsumu huffed, hands resting against the doorframe as Sakusa rushed him inside, throwing off his cold shoes and coat, replacing them with a favorite sweater of his and bringing him into a warm hug. "Oh dear, you're freezing! What are you doing here?"

Atsumu smiled, still slightly shivering but warming up from the hug. "I came to see ya!"

Sakusa fondly smiled, bringing Atsumu into the kitchen where Komori was still seated, giving Atsumu a questioning look. "Atsumu-"

"Miya."

"Whatever, Miya. Perfect timing, we were just talking about you!"

Sakusa glared at his cousin who only winked back. "Ignore that. Really, Atsu, what are you doing all the way here?"

Atsumu giggled and set a small bag on the counter, motioning for Sakusa to peek through it. "I already told ya, I wanted to see ya. Guess you already have company though, sorry for not giving any warnin'--"

"It's okay, Atsu! You're always welcome." Sakusa offered, hands returning to their spot on the mug, enjoying the warmth it offered. He opened the bag, finding a small gift wrapped in white wrapping paper with his name on it.

"Open it!"

Sakusa did, finding a small Atsumu keychain. "Atsumu, this is adorable! Where did you get this?"

Atsumu smiled, holding out a card as well. "Online. Open the card too!"

Carefully pulling off the envelope, he read the note.

Merry Christmas Omi, hope you're okay with a New Years with a tour of America ;)

Also in the envelope, Sakusa found two plane tickets, both of their names written on them and the date for takeoff being a few days before new years. The final thing in the envelope was a pamphlet showing the route of the travels.

"Atsumu, you did not!"

With a cheeky grin, Sakusa pulled Atsumu into a tight hug. "How did you even afford these?"

"Summer job 'n a part time job. It was worth it, though.."

Sakusa held his boyfriend close, pressing his forehead against Atsumu and enjoying their moment until, you know, Komori coughed. "Lovebirds take this somewhere else. I'm here too."

Sakusa scowled at Komori, but momentarily left the kitchen to grab a wrapped box from under the tree, handing it to Atsumu and shooing him out of the kitchen. "It's not as special as plane tickets, but I have a gift for you too. And since Komori is a lonely, jealous soul we can't be in a relationship near him."

Giggling as he tore the paper off, Atsumu stared at the contents of the box. "Omi, home espresso machines are very expensive..."

"You're telling me 'very expensive'?"

"Good point."

Komori walked in, gesturing to the window. "The snow stopped. So uh," Komori turned to Atsumu, raising an eyebrow at him. "Wanna go show Atsumu all the cool Tokyo lights?"

"Yes he does. Come on, Omi, I want to see all the holiday lights!"

x finished

i am very much running out of ideas ;-; just two more days and then christmas though, i think i can make it !!