♡ tsukkiyama - brothers are stupid ♡

"I'm sorry, Tsukki."

He didn't do anything wrong - he had only asked if Tsukishima was busy that weekend and he was. Tsukishima sighed. Why did Yamguch always feel the need to apologize for everything, even when he was 100% innocent? He went to say something reasurative, but all that came out was, "Shut up, Yamaguchi."

"Sorry, Tsukki."

"I said shut up."

Yamaguchi's mouth opened to say 'sorry' again but he remembered Tsukishima's words and looked at the ground.

Tsukishima took a sharp breath in, looking over Yamaguchi's slumped shoulders, droopy head, and heavy steps. He had seemed extra dejected lately - he always looked disappointed after being yelled at but it had been getting worse by the day. Tsukishima wanted nothing more than to sweep his best friend into a bone crushing hug and tell him everything was going to be alright, but something, (he didn't know what), was stopping him.

They continued along the path on their way home, and neither Yamaguchi nor Tsukishima said anything.

For Tsukishima, he was trying to figure out what to say, and how to say it. Yamaguchi, on the other hand, didn't want to say anything that would upset his precious Tsukishima. So, onwards they walked, Yamaguchi trailing a few feet behind Tsukishima, who, lost in thought, had set a brutal pace.

Their walk had come to an end as they reached Yamaguchi's house. Tsukishima really didn't want to leave Yamaguchi, but regardless he set off to his own house, setting the table for his brother, who would be returning for a weekend.

"Hey, bro! What's with the face, did little Tadashi friendzone you or something?"

Before he knew it, his face had erupted into shades of peaches and cherries, and he looked at Akiteru in awe for a moment before snapping back into his usual glare, although his cheeks were still many vibrant shades.

"No. I'm just tired, that's all."

"Hm~ but it's still something to do with Tadashi, isn't it? You liiiiike him~"

"You totally do! Your face is like literal tomato~"

Tsukishima 'hmph'-ed and sat down at the table, reaching for the McDonald's bag in the center. His own meal, a plain burger, dr. pepper, and of course, fries. Unfortunately, (fortunately), his fries were soggy.

Oh, everything was about Yanaguchi. It had been for a while, but it seemed rather pathetic that his soggy french fries made him blue and missing his best friend.

"Cheer up, little bro! I know you miss Tadashi, but I'm only here for the weekend and it's a four hour car ride here. Maybe we can invite him over tomorrow, hm?"

"Su- I mean no."

"C'mon, Kei! Why not?"

"Because I don't want him to know yet."

Akiteru smirked, looking over his lengthy bean of a brother, noting the faint color on his cheeks and the way his head tilted to the side, looking at anything but his brother. His thumbs pressed against each other in an embarrassed fashion.

"Know what, eh Kei?"

"Oh, you know. And I know you would tell him - I'm not ready for that yet."

Truth is, Kei didn't know if he would ever be ready. It had been so long - around 3 years, that he had been in love with his best friend, and if he hadn't told him all this time, he might as well never.

"Ohoho, I don't know. Would you care to share?"

"I'll pass."

Kei's shoulders were hunched and he absentmindedly tapped away at his thigh. He was lost in thought, thinking about Tadashi. He loved everything about him; the way his face lit up whenever Kei gave him his soggy french fries, the concentration in his eyes whenever he was serving a ball, the way, "I'm sorry, Tsukki.", sounded so perfect on his peach tinted lips. Oh, and how down Tadashi had been lately. He is so sad and oh so obedient. He did everything and anything anyone asked of him, especially Kei. He was getting awfully close to writing Tadashi a confession of all the things he loved about him."No, I do not."