♡ kunikin - you're in love with me? ♡

"Kuni-chan, Kin-chan!"

Kindaichi turned around quick enough that he would have fell if it weren't for Kunimi being right behind him and grabbing his hand, pulling him up before letting a slightly flustered Kindaichi go.

"Yes - Yes, Oikawa-san!"

Kunimi sighed, wrinkling his nose before also looking up towards their captain, raising his eyebrows.

"Well, as you know, Iwa-chan and I have a captains and vice-captains meeting after school today, and..."

"Just spit it out, Oikawa-san."

"I was getting there, Kuni-chan. Anyways, well, Yahaba and Mad-Dog have a date, and well, you know Watari has a libero's meet up on Fridays."

"Right!"

"So you're asking us to clean the gym?"

Oikawa sighed, turning away a little. "Well, yes, but - also no. Makki and Mattsun don't have any plans either, so they will be there too. You don't even have to do most of the cleaning, just, make sure they don't get into too much trouble please."

"So you're asking us to babysit our seniors?"

"Kunimi! Don't, you know! Say it like that!"

"It's okay, Kin-chan. That is, unfortunately, what I'm asking you to do."

"Of course, Oikawa-san!"

"No, wait, only if you buy us cream puffs after practice on Monday."

"Well, I don't really have any other options. Thank you two, we'll be off now, but have fun!"

"Sure."

"Okay, you too Oikawa-san!"

The pair watched their captain run off towards the gym entrance where his boyfriend greeted him with a hug and kissed his nose, pulling him outside, waving goodbye in the process.

"Eh? All he got to watch us today is Onion-kun and Middle-part-kun?"

"Ah! Hello, Matsukawa-san, Hanamaki-san! Oikawa-san asked us to help clean the gym today."

"Bull, he asked you to babysit us."

"Yep."

The older pair chuckled, Matsukawa wrapping his arms around Kindaichi's head, poking at his hair. Next to him, Hanamaki also poked at Kindaichi's hair, stepping in front of a scowling Kunimi to be able to reach better.

"Onion-kun, your hair is so weird."

Kindaichi tilted his head slightly, questionably glancing at the boys while Kunimi's expression darkened.

"Thank you..?"

"It's not a compliment, Kindaichi. They're just being jealous that you at least have interesting hair while theirs is boring."

"Oh Oh? What was that middle-party?"

"Yeah, yeah. You've got interesting hair too, don't you? You've got a middle part, how cute."

Kindaichi piped up, glad that nobody was touching his hair anymore. "It is cute, Kunimi! They're right!"

"Kindaichi they were being sarcastic."

"Well I don't really care, it is cute! I really like your middle part, Kunimi. It matches your face shape well."

"Thanks, I guess?"

"Yeah! And your face shape matches your eyes, too, right?"

Mattsun and Makki were too busy giggling quietly in the background to answer, letting the youngest of the four continue talking.

"Your eyes are very pretty, Kunimi, you know. They're a very pretty brown that perfectly matches your hair. Oh yeah - "

Kindaichi reached over to boop Kunimi's nose, giggling a little in the process.

"Your nose is really cute, too! It's so small and pointy and adorable!"

"Okay, Kindaichi, that's enough."

"Wait, I'm not done! I also really like your smile, especially when it's directed at me and you don't think I'm looking."

"Um - Onion-kun, you sound like a total creep."

"I don't mean to be - oh, did I mention how cute your little 'blep' face is? It's adorable!"

"Okay, okay, coolio Kindaichi. We still have to clean the gym, you know."

"Wait! There's also your personality in general, I don't know, it's just adorable overall! I'm so in love with you."

Makki and Mattsun were absolutely dead on the sidelines, and Kunimi wasn't processing anything past this point, although of course Kindaichi hadn't realised he accidentally let his little secret slip so he continued spilling his wide range of compliments.

"You're... in love with me?"

"Oops, did I say that part aloud?"

Kindaichi had completely flushed, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"Yeah."

"You can just.. Ignore that for now?"

"No thanks."

Kunimi smiled and brought his (soon to be boyfriend) best friend into a hug, watching the taller of the melt before him.

"But I think you should try again, ask me out."

"Right-! Kunimi Akira, will you, umm, be my boyfriend?"

"Only if you take me on a date tomorrow."

Kindaichi grabbed his (boyfriend), jumping up and down excitedly while running towards his snickering upperclassmen in a rush.

"I have a boyfriend! Oh my goodness, I have a boyfriend and he is so perfect! I'm so lucky-"

"Kindaichi, put me down or at least let me get on your back please."

Kindaichi nodded happily and set Kunimi down, letting him crawl onto his back before running around the gym some more.

"Are you guys done cleaning? Can we run off?"

"Yeah, you two go have fun. We finished while you two were having an um, moment."

"Thank you, Hanamaki-san, Matsukawa-san! Kunimi, Kunimi, let's go! You should come over for dinner tonight so I can tell my mom!"

"Okay."

x fin

thank you applepi555 for giving me the motivation to finally finish this haha, even if it ended up being somewhat short

small side note -  i do read all of your suggestions and i'm glad so many people love iwaoi as much as i do :)

that's it, have a nice day :D