♡ iwaoi - kiss count ♡

a quick warning: this is LONG!
4-5 times my usual length long, but the more iwaoi the better is my general rule

Nervously, Oikawa glanced at the other first years lining the gym.

Two people he didn't recognize, and two people remembered to be Hanamaki from Physics and Matsukawa from Geometry. Of course, there was also his best friend who was standing slightly more confident next to him.

High school, Oikawa thought, was scary.

He didn't know anyone in the room well aside from Iwaizumi. The third years were scary and the second years gave him looks that made him rather uncomfortable. But it was okay, because Iwaizumi was there and he wouldn't let anyone hurt him.

Still, Iwaizumi could tell Oikawa was nervous. As soon as the water break rolled around and the prying eyes of the rest of the gym were busy with their own activities, he stood on his toes to give Oikawa a light kiss on the check.

Oikawa relaxed a little and Iwaizumi smiled lightly to himself. "4."

As of now, the start of their first year of high school and early into their relationship, they had shared 4 kisses - only on the cheeks, (or forehead in Oikawa's case considering he was taller), they had a lifetime, why rush?

The gaze of their teammates wasn't entirely gone, as Hanamaki snickered and Matsukawa showed a smug smile. They mimicked them momentarily, Makki reaching up to give his own boyfriend a chaste kiss on the cheek.

Oikawa only rolled his eyes, reaching down and laying a kiss on Iwaizumi's cheek and mentally noting that they will not be outdone. "5."

Iwaizumi was pretty red, but nobody was paying attention as they only watched Mattsun do the same from a few feet away.

~

They were quick to become friends with Makki and Mattsun - and eventually, Makki and Mattsun figured they couldn't out Iwaoi the Iwaoi.

"Iwaizumi, bro, what's with you glaring daggers at the first years?"

With a dramatic roll of his eyes, Iwaizumi turned sharply towards Matsukawa. "I'm doing no such thing."

The scary third years were gone and new first years had joined the team. They didn't know the newbies too well yet, but Oikawa was quick to befriend Watari and Yahaba. Kyotani, on the other hand, didn't even want to talk to him or anyone for that matter.

Mattsun smirked, slinging an arm around Iwaizumi's shoulders. "Geez, you're shorter than I remember. But anyway, I don't know why you're jealous, he's just talking to them."

"I'm not jealous," Iwaizumi sighed, "Just, what if 'Kawa decides he likes one of them more than me?"

A frown graced Mattsun's lips. "I wouldn't worry about that."

"What are you implying with that?"

"I mean," Matsukawa smiled, "First of all, I think the angry looking first year would bite Oikawa's head off if he went for Yahaba, and second I think Watari is straight."

Iwaizumi only sighed again, running his hand through his hair. "Eh, I doubt it's possible to be straight long after looking at 'Kawa, but you're right I think he's got a girlfriend. Still, Oikawa might end up liking them more than me."

"You're stupid," Mattsun bonked Iwa's head, "Stupid, stupid, if you think Oikawa would ever like anyone over you. I'd bet you he's telling them about how awesome you are right now."

Oh, Oikawa was. And he didn't pause his passionate ranting for nothing, but the look on Iwaizumi's face gave him the idea he should go see what's wrong.