Chapter 83

I sat on my old couch in Tskiyama's new apartment.
"Can I get you anything" Hinami asked.
"Erm. No thank you" I said awkwardly, inspecting her looking at how much she had changed.
"How did you two meet?" Touka asked, interested in the fact Kaneki had a girlfriend. I looked at him nervously.
"Well, there was a charity ball in the 14th ward and obviously I was there. I leant over the bannister above the dance floor when this almost princess looking girl swanned in. I was instantly attracted to her like a magnet of sorts. She had this beautiful white dress with small bits of blue on it and it looked like she was straight out of a fairy tale. I instantly wanted to make a move, but then someone asked her to dance and when she was dancing everyone else in the room disappeared and I felt like it was just her there. The guy she was dancing with held her up for a minute just as the music came to an end, and then by the hands of fate she came upstairs just as I was walking outside on the balcony and that's when I saw her face up close. No imperfections she looked like she was carved by angels." He coughed awkwardly and both of us looked up. Everybody, Touka, Hide, Hinami and Tskiyama were all fully engaged into this story. "Well that's how we met" he said awkwardly.
"I didn't even know you were watching me." I said in shock.
"I couldn't take my eyes off you" he said looking down.
I put my hand on the side of his face and slowly leant in to kiss him. He moved into the kiss when someone stood up. I moved away and looked. It was Hinami.
"I think you should leave" she said sadly.
"Did I do something?" I asked standing up In shock.
"No. He did." She said hinting at Kaneki.
"Hinami" Touka said softly.
"No. He's meant to be Taiga's boyfriend. Not hers"
Her saying this, ripped my heart in half.
"Hinami-" I said quietly.
Kaneki grabbed my hand. "Don't" he whispered.
I pulled my hand away and stood up. "It was nice to meet you all. I better be going" I said walking toward the door as Ayato and some girl walked in.
"Sachi." Touka said happily.
"Touka." She said smiling. I looked at Ayato and he didn't realise it was me.
"I'm Ayato" he said holding his hand out.
"I'm taiga nice to meet you." I said hitting his hand away. "Ass" I said walking past him. I slowly walked out of the café to see someone familiar.
"Hello. Is Hianmi fugechi in there?" He asked.
"Satoshi?" I whispered.
"Erm why?" I retorted.
"I need her. Between you and me she's a bit of a vermin." He went to walk away and I grabbed his arm.
I pulled him in front of me. "She went to the bookstore about three minutes ago. You could probably catch her if you're fast."
He nodded and ran off. I walked down the alley way and sat down against the wall.
I closed my eyes and imagined when I first met Ayato. I was running from Kaneki god knows why. I can't remember anymore. But I ran away as fast as I could, fast enough so kaneki wouldn't follow me, but I ran into someone.
I then began to reminisce about how I met Ayato.
"Sorry" I said stumbling back.
It was the guy with the blue hair. "No I should be paying more a attention to beautiful girls running my way."
He grabbed my hand and gently kissed It.
"I know you." He said confused. "Taiga Daisuke!" He shouted.
"Shhh. Please" I said looking around.
"What happened to your hair." He asked.
"I changed it to protect myself."
"You seem....different." He said smiling.
"It depends from where you know me?"
"Binge eating. The tiger. The binge eating tiger. That's what people called you right?"
"If that's from where to knew me. I have changed drastically. I don't binge."
"Really? You don't miss it."
"No. I'm actually part of a group-"
"-peace obsessed whimps that eat dead people flesh?"
I looked at him slightly offended. "Come on" he said. "Tell me you don't miss the hunt part of the meal? That was always the highlight for me. Not just the fresh, warm meat."
My mouth began to water and my eyes began to change. "Don't" I said trying to fight it.
"A meal nearly every night but nobody but us knew who an what you were." He said smiling.
He put his hand on my face. "I tend to think you're prettier when you go into ghoul mode anyway."
I smiled. "I'm hungry. How about we enjoy the hunt together." I said smiling.
He grabbed my hand.
"Let's go"
Wasn't too long after that, Ayato dangled me from a building because he wanted to kiss me and I rejected him.

He walked towards a window with me still in his hands. Using his long legs he kicked the window, shattering the glass. I began kicking my legs grabbing his arm. He just held me outside the window, dangling me like bait over 20 stories.
"Such a short girl. Shorter then touka and maybe a centimetre taller then Hinami. A fifteen year old girl It's pathetic." I let go of his arm and stopped moving. I activated my kagune and his face stays still. No blinking, completely frozen. I knew my eyes had changed as I could see my reflection in his eyes. I grabbed his arm and squoze it tightly. "Let go" I said as my kagune was now fully activated like two wings of pure fire. He didn't let go so I reached for a shard of glass, from where the window was shattered, cutting my hand to shreds, I still clung to it and stabbed ayato in the arm. He instantly dropped me so I fell, watching the ground, my wings acing as almost a parachute.

I sat smiling at how everything has changed. I honestly wish I had never come here. I just want to go home. I have to odd emotion thanks to Raiden, but nothing more advanced then a sadistic smirk or small grin here and there. I slammed my head into the wall and groaned.
"Taiga." Kaneki whispered.
I moved my head away and looked at him. "Kaneki." I said confused. He walked over and sat next to me. Ayato wanted me to talk to you. He feels guilty.
"Eh. I kissed you so it's fine. I know he was with her the whole time that we were together anyway. I didn't want to know because I thought he was my friend but he is an ass. He's the same ass that dangled me outside that window all those months ago and tried to kill me. Times change, people don't. He's always going to be an ass."
Kaneki put his hand on mine. "We changed. Were weirdos that don't know how to love" he said kindly. I looked up at him and sighed. I put my hand on his cheek and sighed. I could see a clown behind Kaneki waving me over.
"I gotta go" I said standing up.
"Where are you going"
"Somewhere." I said running off.