Chapter 127

I lay in bed with Takasu. "Tomorrow is your birthday" he said sitting up. I rolled over on my side.
"Did Hinami tell you?" I asked sighing.
"Yeah. And I'm glad she did. We've only been seeing each other for a week and a half now and you haven't really been talking to me"
"I haven't told you my birthday because I don't want the attention not because I don't want to talk to you" I laughed a bit before sitting up. "don't be such a muppet. I like the way things are and I don't want to mess things up."
He grabbed the clock and smiled. "It's one minute past twelve. Happy birthday." He said kissing me. He moved away and pulled something from under the bed.
"Happy birthday" he said smiling.
"Erm you didn't have to." I said smiling. I opened the present and it was a beautiful necklace and a pair of earrings to match.
"Takasu." I said smiling at the necklace.
"Do you want me to put it on?" He asked.
"Yeah" I said turning around and holding my hair to the side. He punt the necklace on and hugged me from behind, putting his chin on my shoulder.
"Go to the window" he said smiling.
"Why?"
"Just go"
I stood up and walked towards the window.
"Happy birthday!" Raiden, annoura, Hinami, Ayato and touka shouted from outside. Raiden waved and struck a match before lighting a firework.
"Fireworks!" I shouted excitedly. I went to run out of the door and saw Aoi.
"Hey!" I said smiling before hugging him.
"Go to the roof." He said pointing at the window.
I looked at him suspiciously before doing as he said. When I got there the guys on the ground lit some more fireworks. I looked up smiling at how beautiful and kind this was, but in the back of my mind all I could think about was kaneki. I've never spent a single birthday with him. My last birthday was with Ayato and that was amazing. He took me to a space centre to star gaze with top of the art telescopes, but this, this topped last year by a mile because it's two minutes into my birthday and already I'm having one of the best days in my life.
"What's up?" Takasu asked walking over.
"This. It's all too much and I can't help but think that what we're doing is wrong because hide died two weeks ago."
"T, stop it." He said grabbing my hand. "Hide would have loved you to celebrate your birthday. You have to understand he may have died but he's watching over you with ryo, Jason, rize, kaito." Raiden said climbing up. He smiled an held his arms open for me. I walked over and hugged him.
"I love you" I said smiling.
He kissed the top of my head. "Love you too." He said squeezing me.
"Hinamis going to enroll herself in school here and me and ann are going to school as well. Aoi wants to go and so does Takasu." he moved away and looked at me. "Are you coming or?..."
"What about touka and Ayato."
"Yeah. They're going uni." Takasu said.
"Well then yeah. I'll apply for uni too. But it's my birthday i'd really appreciate it if we didn't talk about school" I said laughing.
"Yeah okay sure." He said smiling. He began swaying with his arms wrapped around me when Hinami shouted my name. I moved away and looked down when tskiuama appeared.
"You're café may be out the way but you're still giving too much away by climbing onto the roof"
I went to jump down when Takasu grabbed me.
"What do you want" he asked.
"I just came to wish my friends fiancé happy birthday?" He said smiling.
"Who are you talking about? Kaneki or akio? Both of them are dead to me anyway."
"Well taiga, akio is dead to all of us because you killed him so of course I'm talking about kaneki. He misses you"
"He can fuck off. He dumped me."
"You still love him don't you?" Tskiuama said smiling.
"No. I don't. I have someone else now. Kaneki just dragged me down."
"I'm sure he sees it differently." He said smiling. "Anyway. Happy birthday taiga. I just came here to say that and to say hello to Hinami." He smiled down at her and walked away.
"I can feel your body tensing up. Calm down" Takasu said holding me still.
"He aggravates me." I said pushing him away.
"I can see that but don't let him ruin today."
"He's right taiga." Raiden said walking over.
"He's already ruined it."