Chapter 65

After a few more hours of boring ballroom dancing, I made Raiden walk me home. When we got home, I unlocked my door and smiled at Raiden.
"Come in. sleep round." I said holding the door open.
"I don't think Ayato will be very happy."
"Do I look like I care. come on please"
"He'll be home soon just wait or him"
"I want you to be here despite the fact he is or isn't. Your my friend."
I opened the door and pulled him inside. I slammed the door before locking it, an threw my keys on the table by the door.
"You can borrow some of Ayato's pyjamas" I said smiling.
I ran into his room, holding the skirt of my dress and grabbed out a t-shirt and pyjama bottoms and threw them at him.
"I need to get this dress off, you get dressed in the bathroom" I said pointing to where the bathroom was.
I walked into my room and practically ripped my dress off and put a vest an a pair of shorts on. I tied my hair up and cleaned the make up off my face before sitting on the couch, behind Raiden, who was sat on the ground.
I put my feet on his back and sighed angrily.
"Why are you reading?" I asked.
"Because I like to read"
"Reading's boring!" I said pushing him slightly with my feet.
"Reading is good for you"
"So is fun. But if you want me to sit here bored then fine i'll sit here bored" I said crossing my arms.
I still had my feet against his back an after every page he turned, I'd push him forward with my feet. Eventually, like most people, he got angry with me.
He slammed his book shut. "Taiga stop it!" he shouted.
"Alright no need to be a little bitch about it" I said teasing him a bit more. He stood up and turned around.
"I'm so done acting like I give a shit!" He shouted. He grabbed my face, quite hard and kissed me. My eyes shot open and he moved away. "Im going to sleep. That's the guest room right?" He said walking towards the guest room. I nodded, still in shock. Did he just kiss me? Well that is not what I had in mind but I have to admit it was fun.
"Taiga?" Someone shouted from outside. I ran to the window an unlocked the door. It was Ayato.
"Come on in its freezing out there" I said. He nodded and walked in, hanging his coat up and blowing warm air onto his hands before rubbing them together.
"Earlier at the ball I told you I had something for you.." He put his hand into his pocket and pulled out a small felt bag. He handed it over. I slowly reached out for it and looked in the bag. It looked like a crystal so I took it out.
"Wait? This was my family's crystal?" I said looking at it confused.
"I know. Hinami was telling me how you sold it so I found it and made you this." He then pulled out a small box. I raised an eyebrow at him.
"Why are you spoiling me"
"I just thought it would be nice. Look at it"
I opened the box and it was the crystal, chiseled into the shape of a heart, attached to a gold chain.
"You had this made?" I asked. He nodded. "with this?" I asked holding the crystal. He nodded again. "it's beautiful." I said putting the crystal down. I held the necklace to him and turned around, holding my hair to the side.
"Put it on please" I said. He nodded an put the necklace on me. I put my hair back and held the heart in my hand.
"I really am thankful for this" I said smiling. "You've really out done yourself this time." I walked into my bedroom and put the crystal down next to my bed. I looked at Ayato, who was stood in the doorway of my bedroom. "I'm tired so maybe we can talk tomorrow"i said smiling.
"Yeah, sure"
I walked over and kissed him. "goodnight" I said closing my door as he walked out.
I climbed into bed and the darkness called to me. I then slowly fell into a deep sleep.