Chapter 56

Nishiki and Kimi drove me to the café so I could be with my friends but I didn't have any friends...not anymore. I climbed on to the roof resting my head on my knees.
"I'm so sorry" someone said sitting next to me. It was Ayato. He gently began to rub my back. "I heard about what happened and I am really sorry. Touka told me everyone but me and her are on your team. Touka said she wasn't going to tell them but I was with her when Nishiki rang her up to ask her to keep an eye on you. Kimi seems to class you as family now so Nishiki is all about looking after you."
"I let him die" I said into my knees. "It's my fault. I should have killed Akio when I had the chance ages ago." I said in shock.
"It's not your fault. I've never been the type to console people so I'm really sorry that I'm not better at this. I know this isn't very easy."
I turned my head, still resting it on my knee. "What do you know about losing someone you love"
"I lost a girlfriend a while ago. I did love her, probably not as much as you loved Kaito but it hurt."
"How did you get over it?"
"Moved, got a new girlfriend and became a psychopath."
He made me smile a little bit. "Thanks for coming up here an trying to cheer me up."
"It's okay. Come down please? Touka needs a chat." He stood up and helped me up. We climbed down and climbed into the window. Touka is stood there.
"I haven't told them. I thought It was best coming from you. But they're all in there playing a game" she said holding her arms out. I ran over and sobbed I to her shoulder.
"Hey. He loved you. He's probably bumped into Ryo and now they're exchanging stories about you"
I moved away and wiped my cheeks. I nodded and grabbed her hand as she pulled me into the room with Kaneki Hide and Hinami.
They all turned around and the only one to look worried was Hide. "Are you okay?"
I tried to force a smile, but it didn't work I just burst into tears. Hide stood up and hugged me. "Hey hey hey what's up?" He asked.
"Kaito" I said sobbing.
"Where is he?" Hinami asked.
"He's dead" I said crying.
"Wait what?" Kaneki asked standing up.
"He was killed by Akio earlier" Touka said quietly.
"We won't need to worry about him any more" I said looking down.
"Why? What happened" hide asked.
"I pulled his head off." I said looking up. "Without thinking. I just pulled it off."
"What the fuck?" Kaneki asked confused. "You just pulled it off?"
"Yep. He...he killed Kaito. he deserved as good as he got"
"No. Please no" Hide said backing away from me.
I stopped crying and I looked up. A creepy smile worked it's way up my face. "He's only human. He was bound to die a pathetic death just like you will" I said pointing at Hide. "You wouldn't have if you would have looked out for me. But hey ho. Times change and so do people. just like you Hinami. Supposed to be family and you were quick to jump off that cart weren't you." I began laughing. "Ah. Family really doesn't mean shit to you does it? Letting your own mother die without interception? You just....stood there and watched."
"Taiga" Ayato said grabbing my arm.
"Oh your no better. You tried to kill everybody in This fucking room! Including your sister? the only person I can count on is Touka."
"You just said it yourself, you can count on me...now as your friend I really think you should go to bed and sleep this off" she said gently.
"You think sleeping it off will bring him back?! He was killed in front of me and even despite my best efforts he still died!" I shouted crying. "And everyone I counted on let me down" I began crying heavily. "First my sister now the love of my life" I sat on the ground crying loudly. "Right before he died we discussed marriage and children. And he just got ripped away from me"
"You what" Kaneki asked sounding jealous.
"Go fuck yourself Kaneki. White hair was cool in the eighties but news flash. We're not in that era anymore"
"Taiga!" Touka shouted. "Sleep it off". I stood up an wiped my face. "You look after Hinami. Please" I said looking at Touka.
"Taiga?! What are you gonna do?" She asked sounding upset.
"That doesn't matter anymore. Just stay with Touka. I'll say hi to your mum for you" I went to walk off but Kaneki grabbed my arm.
"Don't do anything stupid"
I pulled his hand away from me. "You don't have the right to touch me." I ripped the necklace he gave me off and put it in his hand. "Give it to Hinami. Match it with the other one." I stormed out of the apartment.