Chapter 102

Skiing was fun and all but I hated it. I wanted to get back home and when we did I sort of distanced myself. They wanted to tell Touka and everybody but I felt as though I wasn't ready. I grabbed Kanekis mask and put my costume on before sneaking out onto a building. I stood and watched tskiyana walk into the café and then back out with Hinami. Hinami was smiling, holding his arm...were they friends? What the hell? I pulled the mask down and ran off. I found itori in a bar so I pulled the mask up and walked in. I grabbed her arm and pulled her to one side. "I need a mission. I need to do something."
"No." She said smiling. "You want to kill something" she said emphasising the word want. " we don't have a case like that but were on the verge of one. There is a ghoul reeking havoc here. We need you to check her out. "She's small, works with a group but she's gone rogue. She left a while ago. We need you to monitor her."
"You want me to spy on her"
"Yes. If anything happens, you kill her. Go." She grabbed what ever he was drinking and smiled. "The mask looks good on you"
I nodded and walked out.

I went to the address Itori gave me and a girl with pink hair appeared. She was probably an inch or two taller then me. She walked to a man and bit right into him, but instead of killing him, she let him get help. She wanted the ccg there.
I jumped down and grabbed her.
"What is your agenda" I ask.
"The investigator killed my parents so until he turns up I'm going to keep hurting people."
"You're drawing unwanted attention"
"What? Like as soon as the investigators find out you and eyepatch are here you two won't be attracting attention as well?" I stayed silent as she made a valid point.
"Which investigator killed your parents"
"Amon. He killed them right in front of me."
"Right. Look. He killed my sister but if you don't stop this, you will be killed."
"As long as he does first, I don't care."
"I'll help you if you come with me"
"What are you gonna do. Hand me into the clowns."
"No. I swear. I won't. Amon has to pay for everything he's done so I'm going to help you kill him. He's high in the ranks so we need to be clever, okay?"
"Okay. You're genuinely willing to help me?"
"I never use to be weird like this. I did in fact use to be a nice happy girl, now, I kill because I find pleasure in it, not because I have to eat."
"Wow. He messed you up"
"He messed a lot of us up."

I guided her back to Anteiku and sat at a table by myself, staring out of the window, still wearing Kaneki's mask.
"Taiga" Kaneki whispered sitting across from me. I looked at him and took the mask off, handing it to him. "I like this costume. Looks good on you." He whispered. I nodded and looked out of the window again.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah. I don't feel safe here."
"Well if it isn't Taiga" someone said. I launched myself at him, pinning him against the wall.
"I will kill you." I whispered. "give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you right now. I could squeeze your throat, killing you instantly. Don't think I won't" I muttered.
"I saved your nieces life."
"You also tried to end mine. That's not reason enough not to kill you. Do you know how much pleasure it would be to kill you"
"Not as much as it would be to see you be my ally"
"That will never happen"
"Am I reason enough?!" Hinami shouted. "Leave him alone" I moved away.
He rubbed his neck an smiled smugly as Hinami stood next to him.
"Is this a joke " I asked feeling betrayed.
"No! Learn to forgive him"
"He helped kill Kaito?! He also tried to kill me?"
"He's changed."
I laughed. "Nobody changes that much. He wants something!"
"Yeah...he does. He wants forgiveness."
"That's never happening and as long as he's in your life I'm not. He helped destroy me as a person. Look at me!" I screamed. "I'm done here." I went to walk out and I was stopped by Ayato. I don't know what happened I just burst into tears. He wrapped his arms around me an carefully guided me out if the café.
"Hey. Calm down" he whispered soothingly.
"I lied because I care. They welcome him with open arms. After everything he put me through"
"I'm the only one that understands what you went through. They don't know how much grieving you did, how much sleepless night you had. They don't know you'd scream in your sleep on cry yourself to sleep all night." He said sitting me. He rubbed my head and gently kissed it. "I'm here. I understand." I moved away and wiped my face when all of a sudden I was thrown to the ground. I looked up and Touka stood there.
"You bitch! Do you know what you put me and Hinami through?!" She shouted.
Ayato stood In front of me. "Stop it touka"
"She lied?!" She shouted. "Wait. You did too." She realised Ayato staged the whole thing of finding me and watching me die. "You had the nerve to come here and grieve with us knowing she was alive, happy?"
Ayato helped me up when Kaneki, Hinami and Tskiyama ran out. "You two are arseholes. You deserve each other piss off!" She screamed. Ayato stood in front of me.
"She did it to protect you from someone you made an ally. He destroyed her life and you welcome him here" he said sticking up for me.
"Everyone can be forgiven"
"Then forgive her!"
"I will. But forgiving is easy. It's forgetting that isn't. I can't forgive her now. She needs to leave"
"She's not going anywhere. This is her house too"
"Not anymore"
I grabbed his arm. "It's fine." I whispered.
"Oh. So she speaks then!" Touka shouted.
"Are you going to stick up for your girlfriend?" Ayato shouted at Kaneki.
Kaneki grabbed Hinamis hand and walked inside. I liked the fact he got her out of the way but he proposed to me the other day and now he's not even sticking up for me.
"He's not worth it." Ayato said pulling me away.
"Wait." I said moving aside. "Tskiyama? Why are you here?"
He smiled before he was thrown to the floor. "You piss my friend off I hurt you." Someone said.