Chapter 108

I looked over at Ann and Irimi laughing and messing around with each other, both trying to distract the other from what was going on around them.
I looked down at my ring and sighed, gently wiping the tears rolling down my cheek.
"He's fine" Hide whispered.
"I don't know about that. I haven't spoken to him in a while. I'm scared he saw the manager die and he's gonna do something. If the manager was killed Kaneki will most definitely be killed. I haven't even seen him in ages." I said looking away, closing my eyes to stop the tears from falling. Hide put his arm around me and pulled me into him. "I'm working with the ccg and I have been for a while so I can keep up to date on Kaneki or 'the eyepatch'."
"You know about his name?" I asked resting my head on his chest and wrapping my arms around him. He kissed the top of my head and sighed. "Yeah. I'm worried about him taiga. He use to be so different, the guys like my brother and now it's like I don't even know him."
"I get exactly what you mean" I said sniffling. "it's hard you know, I mean he's like....well...he gets me and I guess you could say I get him but I didn't know him a lot before this happened, obviously I knew him well, but I didn't even know him a year before he changed and now people that have been in his life for the most part, can't cope with the sudden drastic change. I get that it's hard but I also changed. I was your girlfriend before I changed"
he laughed a little bit. "Yeah but you were always quite hot headed. I mean think about it, you've been quite a high rated ghoul for ages. You hung around with high rated ghouls too. I can remember when I was in hospital you got mad an threw a drink over me, all that's different now is your physically stronger and less emotional. Like despite the fact you're crying a little bit now, before you would have never done something like that, you'd be balling."
I looked up blankly and sighed. "I feel like an idiot sometimes yeah but I do feel things I just have a hard time showing emotions because when I was tortured, they used certain techniques that would only work if I was showing emotion. They would play Kaito's voice to me and then tell me how much I made him suffer by being in his life and if I didn't show emotion they'd hurt me, so they got a reaction, wether it was screaming or crying so obviously if I don't cry or scream as much they can't use my own emotions against me."
"Do you think what you're feeling about all this emotion stuff is how kaneki feels?"
"No. I don't show emotion for personal reasons, he's all twisted because he wants to keep everybody safe. Obviously, he's not doing a very good job but he thinks he is."
"Is this what you call fighting?" Someone asked.
I moved away from Hide and smiled at Tatsuya, Raiden and some clowns. I ran over and hugged Raiden.
"You're okay" I said sighing. "If you ever leave me like that I will fucking beat you"
"I realised that in fairytales the princess always needs her best friend...Cinderella had a mouse and Snow White had a dwarf, and you need a Raiden."
"Thank you" I said smiling. I put the wig on and my mask. Raiden and Tatsuya then put their masks on and nodded.
I walked towards the group and sighed. "Right. You all know I'm in charge so you listen to me. Find the eyepatch and do not let him get hurt. I want every possible member of the ccg in site to be executed."
They all shouted in agreement. I turned around and Ann lit up. "I'm coming" she said standing up.
"Ann." Irimi muttered.
"I want this. The thrill of the kill is a buzz like no other, I gotta get my fix" she said putting her mask on.
"Taiga you're in a group?" He said confused.
"Yes"
"You're in the group that killed your friend? The group that practically ruined kaneki's life? Does he know about this"
"Yes he does. He doesn't know these people killed Rize but if they didn't he'd be dead by now"
"so you lied?"
"Not now hide I haven't got the time for your conspiracies"
"But they're not conspiracies though are they? It's true"
I groaned and walked towards the group.
"Right guys we go and kill everybody that isn't on our side!!" I shouted. "Spare nobody." I said looking at Hide. "I don't care for prisoners, kill them all." I said shaking my head before running off.
I got on the top of a building and looked down at a few highly skilled members of the ccg attempting to kill a ghoul. I swooped down and pulled them off the ghoul throwing the ghoul to one side and that's when Ann jumped down to help the injured ghoul. "This should be fun" i said cracking my knuckles.
"Kill it!" They shouted. One of them swung their weapon at me but I caught it and ripped it from their grasp using it to beat him to the edge of death.
I turned around and Ann had taken care of one of them so there was one left. He pulled his blade out and swung it at me, I didn't dodge or heal...
"What is that?" I asked confused.
"It suppresses your healing abilities for a short while...gives me time to kill you."
I dodged his attack and activated my kagune. Using my blade, we had a one on one fight when he plunged it into me. I winced before looking down.
"That felt good" I said tilting my head. I pulled it out of me and threw it to one side. The investigator was so confused as to why and how I was still standing here, alive so I took the time to throw a punch, obviously being a strong ghoul, it sent him flying into a wall behind him, knocking him unconscious so I picked up his weapon and finished him off.
"Taiga!" Raiden shouted. He ran over and looked at my wounds.
"I'm fine seriously, I'll heal in a second" I looked down and watched as I slowly healed. "see?"
"Are you hurt?" He asked.
"I was. I'm fine now."
He looked at me wide eyed before throwing me to one side. I didn't really see what happened but Ann dragged me away.
"I'm going to kill him" I said standing up.
"You might not have to" she said holding me back.
"No. No not raiden" i said pushing her away. I heard him scream in pain so I pushed her away and ran to him to see him being attacked by and investigator. I saw Raiden on the ground weak and defenceless and I lost it. I ripped the mans head off and tossed his body away before kneeling down to check on Raiden.
"Let's get you up" I said pulling him up.
"Taiga look" he pointed. There were like 20 officers stood behind us. Ann, Tatsuya, Koma, Irimi and a few clowns stood alongside us.
"I need you to get Raiden outta here" I said to Tatsuya.
"Are you crazy, I'm not leaving you" raiden said in pain.
"You have to heal or you will be leaving me forever. I can't have you dying on me"
Tatsuya walked over and took him. I turned to face ann who was clapping excitedly. I looked around and sighed.
"Right people! We avenge the fallen and we fight to the death! Investigators can't keep killing us off!" I shouted. Everyone around me cheered.
"You ready?" I said to ann.
"Ready as I'll ever be"
"Okay" I said nodding. "Now!" I shouted.