Chapter 64

I was down stairs sitting down, looking bored. I was bored and without a date.
I began scanning the room for someone I could mingle with but there was nobody and no point in me staying here any longer, so I stood up and went to walk away when Raiden appeared out of nowhere.
"Where's Ayato" he asked.
"Left me here alone for one of his friends" I said sighing.
"Well my date stood me up so there's no point in both of us sitting her all sour faced. What do you say to a dance..." He asked holding his hand out.
"Nobody else is dancing." I said confused.
"Well they will be soon." He said dragging me to the dance floor.
He began dancing with me, to this medium tempo song and I have to say, I was actually having fun. Stuff like this is rare here and it was nice. They did a really good job of setting up the venue and live music.
"Hey Taiga"
He whispered, pulling me in close to him.
"What?" I asked smiling.
"I wanted to say you're a good dancer." He put his hand behind my knees, an swept me off my feet, literally.
I wrapped my arms around him, laughing slightly.
"You can put me down now" I said slowly falling into a fit of laughter.
"I like this" he said, I began focusing in him, blocking out the cheering from the crowd as he slowly cradled me in his arms.
"People are staring"
"Let them stare. They're just jealous because I am with the most beautiful girl in the world."
"Raiden put me down now" I said smiling.
He obliged by my request and slowly put me down.
"There you go." He said smiling.
"Thank you" I smiled and nodded.
"What now?" He asked. "Oh wait. Follow me." He said dragging me out of the back door. There was a rose bush, white roses. He picked one from the bush and made sure there were no bugs or thorns on it before tucking it in my hair.
"There." He said smiling.
I gently touched the flower and smiled but my smile was soon cut short when I saw that purple hair that was forever burned onto my brain...
"We gotta go" I said pulling Raiden's arm.
"Tskiyama" he said confused.
"Yeah please let's go"
But it was too late he had already begun to make his way towards me.
"Ah. If it isn't Raiden" he said smiling. "Oh and his friend"
"Bonjour Madame" he said with a French accent. he grabbed my hand and kissed it slightly. "You look familiar...do I know you?" He asked smiling.
"Erm. No" I said confused, slowly pulling my hand away.
"Oh then excuse my rudeness ma'am. I do believe this is a slow song playing, care fur a dance?" He asked holding his hand out.
"My apologies sir, but I don't dance"
"I saw you dancing with Raiden. Come on, I'm sure he won't mind"
I sighed an took his hand.
We began dancing and things became awkward.
"So, how's Ayato"
"Erm he's good. Why ask?"
"Well, I wanted to know." I nodded and he spun me out and spun me again, back into his arms. "an how are you Taiga."
"Why kd you care?" I spat. I then realised what I said and managed to make a recovery. "And my names Hana, not Taiga."
"Oh come on. Kaneki is stupid but I'm not. I know you hid because you were scared I hurting everyone at Anteiku more then you had already but they were practically killed when you left. Coming back would finally put a smile in Hide's face. If you remember I wanted to watch him watch you die and now I have and seeing that face all the time really hurts me. Touka chan won't talk to anyone but Hinami-chan and she's wants to join the aogiri now too"
"Your lying"
"What reason would I have to lie"
"You want to hurt me...and it's not working. You can't get in my head anymore." I grunted.
"Her mother and beloved aunt were viscously killed by investigators? Why would she not join the aogiri?" He spun me out and pulled me back in. "I wouldn't lie to you." He smiled.
I let go of him and began clapping as the music came to an end. I put my hands on his shoulders and gently pushed down to try and match his height to mine. "Please keep her from it. It's dangerous. She'll get herself killed" I whispered. "We haven't seen eye to eye but I need you to keep this little encounter between us please" I said nervously. "An please keep her safe" I pulled away and nodded at Tskiyama before walking away.