Chapter 37

I stay in Kanekis bedroom at the end of the bed while Hinami slept. There was no way I was letting her out I my sight.
"Taiga come out here for a minute" Kaneki whispered. I shook my head silently. "There are no windows in this room there's no way anybody can come in. We will be right outside this room I promise" he said slowly walking over. He held his hand out to me so I took it. I turned around to look at Hinami, sleeping silently so I followed Kaneki. He shut his bedroom door quietly and kissed me on the end of my nose.
"I have a present for you. It's not much but I think you'll love it" he put his hands into his pocket and pulled out a small box. He handed me the box and smiled. I looked at him confused yet shocked and opened the box. It was a small silver heart shaped locket with a diamond in the middle. I opened the locket to see a picture of Ryo, Hinami and Asaki on one side and everyone from Anteiku café on the other side.
A tear rolled down my cheek and I flung myself at Kaneki, wrapping my legs and arms around him, still holding the locket in one of my hands. "It's beautiful...I love it" I whispered. He gently put me down and held his hand out.
"I'll put it on if you want?" He said.
I handed him the locket and turned around, pushing all of my hair to the side so he could put the locket on.
"There" he said pulling all my hair back to it's original place. I turned around and stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek.
"This is all I need. I actually can't get over it." I said smiling.
"I got a matching one for Hinami..." He said pulling it out. I opened the locket and on one side was a picture of her mum, Ryo and the other side was a picture of her dad, Asaki.
"She'll love it." I said looking at the picture of my sister. I missed her so much...we didn't really talk much after we had this argument...it was a stupid argument that never should have happened.....

Flashback

Ryouko's POV
It was about one in the afternoon and Taiga was still in bed...she got in late last night...god knows what she was doing.
I made Hinami some coffee and collected the paper from outside my house.
'Ghoul attack leaves many dead'
I sighed and threw the paper in the bin. I stormed into the house and into Taigas bedroom.
All I could see was this flame like hair poking out from the covers. I ripped the duvet off her and stood there with my hands on my hips.
"Yes?" She said groggily.
"Where were you last night?"
"Out" she replied bluntly.
"Where and with who?"
"People and somewhere"
"Taiga this isn't a game?! Were you with that purple haired girl again."
"Rize? Yeah? Why?"
"Because the headlines on today's newspaper please tell me you weren't apart of that Taiga"
"So what if I was in a ghoul. I eat people." She grabbed the duvet and threw it over herself again. I pulled it off her.
"Taiga! I have a 13 year old child. Your niece. Grow up. You just 'eating' puts us in the investigators radar so stop it. Me and Asaki are sick of cleaning your mess up. Learn to eat like we do"
"You mean dead people?" She scoffed. "No thanks"
"Taiga! Do you not care for Hinami?"
"Of course I care for Hinami. That child is my world but I also have to eat"
"Yes! eat like we do"
"I like my food fresh!"
"Well you can decide right now. Fresh food or new house because I'm taking my family and living to the 20th ward and you are not spoiling things for us there"
"I didn't realise I spoilt things for you anyway."
"Binge ghouls are s rated!! Your putting me and my family at risk!"
"Sorry calm down." She said not even caring about what I'm saying.
"Calm down?!" I shouted. I stopped myself from saying something of regret. "We're leaving.....today. Don't come then but If you need us were staying at a place called Anteiku."

End of flash back.

I looked at Kaneki and sighed. "I really messed things up with my sister, and now things have changed faster then id like them to and I really don't think I know how to slow any of this down. Hinami is my number one priority but with everything's that's going on I don't know if I can keep her safe. I can barely keep myself safe" I said as I began sobbing.
"Look at me" Kaneki said gently. "Ryouko knows you love her...she always will. I'm sure her and Asaki are watching down on you feeling so proud Of how far you've come. You're protecting their daughter and your doing a mighty fine job of it Taiga. They obviously feel upset and sad that they left their daughter but the left her in good hands..."