Chapter 17

I stood hunched over one mans body, my face covered in blood. I wiped it off my face with one of my hands and flicked it on the ground. "I've eaten human food that tastes better then him." I said with my back to the last person there.

I slowly turned my head to look at him. "But I bet you taste divine" I said smiling.

I turned my entire body around and slowly walked over to him.

"I'll kill you!" He shouted.

"Not if I get you first" I said laughing.

He used his kagune to stab me repeatedly. I was on the floor, in agony.

"If you're serious on killing me can I have some last words. You owe me that."

"He didn't get last words" he said pointing at his dead friends decapitated head and then the body.

"He didn't deserve it"

"Go in then" he said scrunching his fists up.

"Your friend is the most vile looking and tasting ghoul I have ever tasted. I'm glad he's dead, now he can rot where he belongs."

The man obviously didn't like this. He used one tentacle to impale and hold me up. Another to strangle me and one to hold my hands back so I couldn't do anything.

I could feel myself slipping away, but like before, a flash of white and I was on the floor. I looked up to see kaneki fighting this man. The man grabbed kanekis leg.

"I won't let go" he shouted.

"A different man a long time ago made the same mistake" he twisted his leg around and kicked the man in the face with his other leg. I could hear the bones cracking in his leg and it spun back into place. Kaneki held the man up and squoze his neck so hard the man just died in his hand.

Kaneki dropped him and looked at me in the floor covered in blood. He picked me up in his arms. "What was that?" He said

"I don't know. I was ambushed"

Kaneki smiled a bit.

"Not that. The cannibalism."

I clenched up.

"I don't have anything against it. Just asking." He said with his face expressionless.

He carried me to a bench and put me down.

"How did you not hurt yourself doing that thing with your leg?" I asked.

"Jason. He erm....punished me"

"Punished you? For what?"

"No reason. He's the reason my hairs white, my nails are black and that I've accepted myself as a ghoul. "

I look at kaneki and not an ounce of remorse. "What did he do?" I asked nervously.

"He cut my fingertips and toes off, grew them back and did it again. Hurt me, made me pick who to save out of two people that were in love. He made me stronger. He made me better."

"No. He made you into a relentless psycho path."

"What does that make you then?"

"Excuse me?!"

"You bit into a ghoul and threatened to eat someone else. I have rize in me but you, you're exactly like her."

He took a minute and looked at me.

"You're a binge eater? A ghoul that eats more then once a month? A ghoul that can eat whatever whenever they want?"

He smiled. "It's oddly attractive"

"There's not even essence of you left."
I stand up. "Thanks for saving me"
I say looking away from him. I begin walking off when he grabs me and pulls me close. "I saw a lot of things in there. I saw your sister die again."

I rip my arm away. "You're coming seriously close to me grabbing Hinami and moving away again."

"No. I saw her die again. I saw my pathetic old self watch as her life was ripped away from her by her husbands kagune."

"Stop!" I screamed.

"If I was like this I could have saved her. I'm better this way. You're better off me being this way."

He gently wiped the tears from my face. "That night you came back and I told you I love you, I meant it. I still do."

I gently put my hand on his face and kissed the end of his nose. "We can't be more then friends. For hide and touka's sake" I said moving away.

"Touka?" He asked

"She loves you. And hide loves me"

"And I love you."

He didn't listen to a word I said and he just kissed me anyway. I pushed him away. "Please..........don't"I said gently.

"Just tell me to stop."he said leaning in again. He put his hands on the back of my head, bending down slightly to reach my height and kissed me. I couldn't say stop? How could I say stop to something I want this much? I pushed him away. "Stop." I said with tears streaming down my face.

I ran away as fast as I could, fast enough so kaneki wouldn't follow me, but I ran into someone.

"Sorry" I said stumbling back.

It was the guy with the blue hair. "No I should be paying more a attention to beautiful girls running my way."

He grabbed my hand and gently kissed It.

"I know you." He said confused. "Taiga Daisuke!" He shouted.

"Shhh. Please" I said looking around.

"What happened to your hair." He asked.

"I changed it to protect myself."

"You seem....different." He said smiling.

"It depends from where you know me?"

"Binge eating. The tiger. The binge eating tiger. That's what people called you right?"

"If that's from where to knew me. I have changed drastically. I don't binge."

"Really? You don't miss it."

"No. I'm actually part of a group-"

"-peace obsessed whimps that eat dead people flesh?"

I looked at him slightly offended. "Come on" he said. "Tell me you don't miss the hunt part of the meal? That was always the highlight for me. Not just the fresh, warm meat."

My mouth began to water and my eyes began to change. "Don't" I said trying to fight it.

"A meal nearly every night but nobody but us knew who an what you were." He said smiling.

He put his hand on my face. "I tend to think you're prettier when you go into ghoul mode anyway."

I smiled. "I'm hungry. How about we enjoy the hunt together." I said smiling.

He grabbed my hand.

"Let's go"

"Taiga!" Kaneki screamed. "Don't!"

I looked at him and watched as his face changed from expressionless to powerless and scared.

I followed this mans lead without even knowing his name. Kaneki accepted the fact he's a ghoul. I need to accept the fact I'm a Binge eater.