Chapter 41

I didn't know death was so peaceful. At least I think this is death. "Hinami?" I shout. There's no answer, well not straight away but after a minute or so the face I've longed to see pops up. I run over, tears streaming down my face and hug my sister.
"Ryo'" I say crying my eyes out. She gently pushes me away.
"Taiga. We don't have much time." She wiped my face and smiled. "I guess you could say this is an epiphany but it won't last very long. You need to survive for Hinami...she has nobody if you die. She's a very lost young girl and she needs guiding so be her compass please Taiga." She said. I nodded along. "She will need to be put in a school and she will need pushing, will you push her?" I nodded again. "You can't push her too fast or she'll fall but you need to push her enough to move..." I nodded again. "And taiga"
"What?"
"Thank you for everything you've done since my death. I can see how you've evolved from a caterpillar to a butterfly. I genuinely couldn't ask for a better sister and role model for Hinami." She kissed my forehead and then I woke up...
I was down an alleyway. I looked around and Hinami and ryouko were there. "No." I thought. I was a spectator spectating my sisters death. I couldn't hear what was being said but I saw Hinami run off, so I chased after her and watched as she ran into Kaneki. The old sweet Kaneki I was inevitably In love with. I watched as they ran back to the alley way and had front row seats as my sister was maliciously struck down by a piece of her dead husband. Kaneki covered Hinamis mouth am eyes but she knew what was happening...she's not stupid.

"Taiga" someone said pushing me.
"What" I groaned.
"Come on. We have plans"
I opened my eyes And smiled at my boyfriend.
"Next time don't wake me up." I said stretching before I got out of bed. He threw clothes at me an playfully ordered me to get changed and ready. As I got changed I ran down the stairs and was interrogated by my family.
"Where are you going? When will you be back"
"Hinami tell your mum I'm a big girl" I said smiling.
"Mum." Hinami said raising her eyebrow.
"I know I'm just worried about you...that's all...go have fun"
I smiled. "Bye everyone" I shouted as I ran out of my house. I jumped on Akio's back and giggled. That was when I was 14 years old.
Obviously my relationship with soon blossomed.
When I was 16, he took me out when it was snowing.
"Taiga." He said smiling. "You need to wrap up. Wouldn't want you to catch a cold." He said smiling.
I put my coat and scarf on and smiled. "Happy now?"
"Yes. I am. Now come on." He said practically dragging me out of the house. We walked to the park and he pulled me over to the big pond. There was a bridge in the middle of it but he chose to ignore it and stood on the thin ice.
I on the other hand was stood on the bridge. "Get off Akio. You'll fall in and catch hypothermia. That's dangerous"
"So. I like to live on the edge."
"The edge might seem cool but you will fall off so stop living on the edge."
"Oh stop winging I have to ask you something."
"Ask me where it's safe and where you won't freeze to death if you fall"
He got down on one knee, on top of the thin ice and pulled out a small box.
"Oh no" I said shocked.
"Oh yes. Taiga....will you marry me?" He said holding the ring out. I was lost for words. "If you don't answer I'll just stay here. Maybe do a few jumping jacks"
"I don't know I'm only 16"
"So am I? but we love each other so why not"
"I can't I'm too young."
He stood up and began jumping. "What are you doing?" I asked.
"Warming up I'm cold"
I heard a crack and I knew the ice was cracking. "If I say yes will you get off that pond?"
"Yes"
"Okay yes I'll marry you"
He smiled and stopped jumping. He slid towards the bridge and climbed over the railing. He grabbed my hand and put the ring on my finger. I smiled down at the ring. Maybe this was a good decision.
"Taiga" someone said.
"Taiga open your eyes" they said again.
I felt something cold smother my body. Guess I just had a couple flash backs cause now I'm chained to a chair with Akio stood in front of me.
"Wakey wakey princess" he said smiling. He put the bucket down and bent down near my ear.
"I've missed you." He said sarcastically.
"Why don't you just kill me already" I said. "Just get it over with because eventually I'll be stronger then you and smarter and you'll be screwed."
He laughed. "I don't want you dead....yet. I need you for something."
"What?"
"I need you to confirm if he is the ghoul that has Rize inside of him"
I spat at Akio. "I'm not confirming shit with you."
He shrugged his shoulders and threw a ring at me. "Remember that promise you made?" He said smiling.
"You tried to kill me so take that ring and my bullshit promise and go shove it up your ass cause neither of them mean shit now."
He walked over to me with pure anger stewing in his eyes. "You changed."
"Yeah...after you died I became best friends with Rize. Did you know that?"
"Yep. I did. At first she was just an excuse to come find you but she was actually pretty cool"
"But when I saw you not so long ago you thought I was dead"
"It's called lying Taiga. God! you might be some big hot shot tough cookie now but your dumb as fuck still."
He laughed and shook his head. "You didn't grow since I left either. You were always small but this is a joke right?"
"Go fuck yourself."
He laughed. "I'm okay thanks." He grabbed a chair and sat in front of me. "I'll be honest now...your looks favour you."
"What does that mean?"
"Means your attractive. More so then most. Especially Rize. She was fun but she wasn't the prettiest flower in the garden."
"So why do you need to know if her organs keep kaneki alive."
"I didn't say I hated her. I loved her and that swine took her away from me. And now he had you both, which isn't fair."
"You could've had me if you hadn't have tried to kill me and my friends"
"You love Kaneki too much."
"Actually no...I loved you." I said calmly. "You were my first true love and if there was a decision to be made it would be you in a heartbeat." I said smiling up at him.
"Really?" He looked smitten.
"No. It's called lying Akio. God! you might be some big hot shot tough cookie now but your dumb as fuck still." I said with a wink which seemed to piss him off.
"Come here" I said sweetly.
"Fuck off" he said going to walk away.
"One last kiss" I said it caught his attention because he turned around. "For old time sake"
He sighed an walked over to me.
"I guess I could do this one thing for you."
I smiled and as he leant in he closed his eyes so I had one chance an one chance only. I broke the chair leaving my hands chained up. I jumped on to his back wrapping my hands around his neck, strangling him with the chains. He put his hands behind him and flipped me over his shoulder by my hair and tossing me on to the floor. I pulled my arms apart snapping the chains.
"I told you you should've just killed me"
"Well. As you know, I like a bit of a challenge." He rubbed his neck and cracked his fingers the old fashioned way. I smiled and cracked them how Kaneki was doing it the other day, think he got it off Jason.
"Wow. That's disgusting" he said standing there looking at me like I was a piece of shit.
He activated his kagune and a purple like tale appeared out of his lower back.
"Bikaku" I said smiling. I activated my kagune and he stood there shocked.
"Wow. You seriously fell into the cannibalism didn't you miss kakuja."
"Just means I'm more powerful then you. A bikaku will be overwhelmed by the faster ukaku user and will lose against the ukaku's long-range attacks.The kagune amplifies the kakuja's strength or diversifies his or her abilities, which makes a fight against one of them especially hard."
"Yeah and most of the kakuja users go insane whilst using their powers"
"Not if they're complete like mine is" I smiled and began to shoot at him. I got a few good hits and now it was time to show him something nobody has ever seen before.
"What the hell? How can you be all of that?" He asked. "Not only are you a ukaku and a kakuja but your a koukaku. Wow. Investigators must love you." He said sarcastically.
My koukaku is metallic and released below my shoulder blade where as my ukaku is spread out like wings on my shoulders. Like Hinami, I have inherited both of my parents kagunes but they are enhanced due to the cannibalism.
The blade, along with my wings is like a blade of fire.
"Wow. Matches your wings" he said star struck.
"Taiga. You cease to impress me." Tskiyama said clapping a he walked closer to me. I ran and grabbed Akio.
"Come any closer" I warned.
"You won't do anything cause you have history. Now put the boy down and come speak to me like an adult."
"No" I said.
"Fine. Let's do it your way" he activated his blade like kagune too.
"This will be a fun yet easy battle." I said....