Chapter 24

I smile and stand up, still feeling weak. Aimi's body is on the floor but her brother has disappeared with Jason. I walk over to her body and sit next to her. "I'm sorry" I whisper, closing her eyes for her. I grab her hand and stroke it with my thumb. "I wish things could've gone differently, I'm
Sorry you suffered this terrible fate, I really am" I said hugging her body. I could hear shouting but I took no notice of it until something falls out I the sky in top of me. I'm lay on top of Aimi and underneath something. Well not something, someone, aimi's brother to be in fact. I push him off me and cover my mouth. "You think that something I was tortured with will have any effect on me?" Jason shouted. "Kaneki wouldn't even have an effect from it. Out bodies have grown immune to it" he shouted. I looked at Aimis brothers face, drenched with fear and blood. I bent down and moved him off her. "I'm so sorry..." I said on my knees. Kaneki went to lift me up but I batted him away. "No. They died because of me" I said crying.
"Taiga, they're dead because of Jason, not you, we have to go before he kills off someone else."
I clung to the floor. Mr Uta walked over and ripped me off of the ground and flung me over his shoulder. "I can't leave their bodies!" I shouted. Yomo ran over and picked both of them up and we all began to retreat, which gave Jason some sense of accomplishment, thinking he'd won. I shook my head and slowly pulled a needle out of my pocket. I kissed Mr Uta on the cheek and apologised for what I was about to do then jammed the needle straight into him. He dropped to the floor so I manage to get away. I activated my kagune and jumped on top of the building. "Jason, come out and fight me like a real man." I shouted. I could sense something coming from behind me so I turned around. I grabbed this scrawny man by his face. "Ah, a friend of Jasons. You know what the say, eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" I said smiling. I bit straight into this man. Oh my god he tasted so great, I just kept eating and eating and eating until Jason ripped me off him. "Nico!" he cried. I smiled.
"Not nice to lose friends is it." I said smiling. I wiped my mouth and flicked the blood off my arm on to the ground.
"You little bitch" he shouted, activating his kagune. He ran at me but I jumped up. "careful now jason" I said sarcastically. He went to grab me so I moved out of the way. "If it makes you feel any better your friend didn't die for nothing, he kept me energised and fed, I was a bit peckish. And he tasted great" I said smiling. Jason began to get angrier which made me happier until his kagune began to coat him.
"Kakuja" I said smiling.
"At least this will make this battle a bit more exciting" my wings covered me like firery armour.
"I knew you were a cannibal but I didn't know you were...this" he said in shock.
"There's a lot of things nobody will ever know. Like how to survive in the street when I left home I was to feed on ghouls because nobody gave a crap about a dead ghoul, or how the ccg killed all of my friends because I had a spree in a shopping centre. You see, cannibals may seem desperate, but were amazing creatures, better then every single one of them fuckers down there" I said smiling.
"Why are you telling me?"
"Because your nobody" I smiled and ran at him, dodging all of his attacks, fueled up by rage and hatred. I watched as a sword thing went straight through Jason's armour and straight into him. I looked around and the sword was....coming from me. I shook it off and jumped on to Jason and took a bite out of him. "Don't you just taste delightful." He pushed me off and climbed in top of me. He bit a chunk right out of my shoulder.
"Don't you taste lovely." I pushed him off me and tried to run off but he dragged me back. "Why don't we work together?" he asked.
"Because you tried to kill me and my niece and you just killed two of my friends." I batted his hand away and tried to run off again.
"I will never lay a hand on Hinami again if you come with me."
"What's in it for you?"
"A partner that shares the same values as me"
"I do not share your values"
"You hate the ccg for wronged crimes against innocent ghouls and think they should all die. And ghouls do taste way better then any human"
"I share some of your values. But what about hurting kids? You would've killed Hinami, that's absolutely vile!"
"I knew you'd swap for her. I would've never hurt her, never. I just wanted you"
"What about Aimi? Why did you kill her?"
"To make a statement"
"And her brother?"
"He was a cheeky little bugger so I just put him down"
I looked at my feet. I could hear everyone shouting me. 'Don't do anything stupid' or 'come back down' but I didn't want to listen until a familiar face appeared behind Jason. "Taiga? Don't be so silly, come down, please" Hide said.
"How did you get up here."
"Drove then climbed the ladder. The ccg are here and they're after you two. They have a lead and they're nearly here."
"So are you coming with me or not?" Jason shouted.
I looked at Hide. "Come with us?" I said.
"What?!"
"Come with us. I mean if you come, what have you got to lose"
"Everything!"
"No. If you stay here you'll lose everything, come with us, with me." I said. "We will protect you i swear" I looked at Jason. "If I come you never touch Hinami again and we protect him. They're the only conditions I want." I said.
"Fine just hurry up" Jason shouted. Hide nodded and ran to the edge of the building. "The ccg are coming I have taiga you run, protect Hinami and don't ever let her go " he shouted.
"What's going in up there?" Kaneki asked getting scared.
"I'm sorry" I shouted. Jason grabbed Hide and we took off.

Kanekis POV

Taiga jumped on to the roof so I went to get her. Itori grabbed my arm. "No. Leave her. She needs to do this herself. You can't keep saving her. She's a big girl you know. A big girl that can look after herself." We heard screaming, but it wasn't hers. "Kaneki, she could be defending herself, until we hear her cry or shout we do not go up." I pulled my arm away and helped mr Uta up.
"Fiesty isn't she" he said smiling. "I'm not saying having a Fiesty streak is all that bad but she needs to know when to control it"
"You little bitch!" Jason shouted. I could hear her laugh, manically. I went to go but they all held me back.
"Until she screams or cries." Itori said holding me back. I could hear them break out into a fight.
"Taiga!!!" I shouted. I could hear them still but he don't reply.
"Please, I need to make sure she's okay" i shouted.
"Kaneki!" Yomo shouted. "She's fine. Leave her alone" I stared at him straight in the face when I looked around at the corner of the building to see ccg.
"The ccg are coming. I have Taiga you run, protect Hinami and don't ever let her go!" Hide shouted.
"What's going on up there?" I shouted back.
"I'm sorry." Taiga said leaning over the side of the building.
I watched as she ran off with Jason, without even looking back.
"Taiga!!!" I screamed.
"Kaneki we have to go" Itori shouted.
"Not without Taiga"
"She's with Jason now. He'll keep her safe. She's obviously agreed to work with him. They also have Hide. They're both safe now we have to go, now!" Mr Uta shouted.
"So my best friend and girlfriend have just ran off with the man that tortured me" I asked lookin at the ground.
"Ahh. The rabbit's friend." Amon said smiling. I let my body relax and shook of the shock and ran away with everyone. They've seen our faces? Whats gonna happen now?