Chapter 59

As I got towards my house, Ayato was walking out with his bag. I ran over and hugged him, wrapping my arms around him. "I'll miss you" I said. He wrapped one arm around me and the other on my head.
"I'll only be gone for today and a bit of tomorrow." He said laughing. He moved away and smiled at Raiden. "look after her okay?" He shouted.
"Yeah I will" Raiden said awkwardly. Ayato kissed my head and smiled.
"Bye midget" he said walking away. I smiled and watched as he walked away, turning his head and smiling at me before walking away.
"Are you two close?" Raiden asked standing next to me.
"Erm now we are. It's complicated"
"Your not....together are you?"
"No" I said. I then stopped myself and looked at him. "He likes me...I know that. He's practically my best friend. He's all I have"
"What about your niece and all the people in the group you were in."
I looked down at the floor, smiling awkwardly. "I left that life behind. They all think I'm dead"
"Oh that's heavy."
"Yeah. The thing is that it's been a while and I'm 19 now so they missed my birthday again and it was hard for me to leave them too. I completely changed my lifestyle and tried to forget about them so much and I actually really loved the boy that left me. Let alone leaving my niece but I knew that I was having like some nervous break down."
"God Taiga. How are you still happy?"
"I don't know. Guess I'm just a girl that can hide emotions behind a smile."
"Wow your strong." He said patting my back. He then grabbed my arm and pulled me towards my house. "Come on. I want coffee"

I stood in the kitchen and handed Raiden his coffee. "Are you in the erm....market then"
I laughed. "The market? Do you mean for a relationship?"
"Yeah"
"You keep asking me this. I'm not with Ayato" I said laughing.
"I didn't mean him. You obviously loved the boy you left in the 20th ward...I wanted to know if there was anything there."
"The boy died." I said smiling awkwardly.
"Whoa. I'm so sorry"
"No it's fine. It's been a while now so I have to get over it now."
"I suppose. and this Is really good coffee" He said smiling.
"Is that your way of saying thanks"
"Yep." He said taking another sip.

I invited Raiden to stay round my house tonight, not because I like him or anything, just because I hadn't been alone for a long time. I didn't like being alone to be honest. He slept in the guest room and I slept in my bedroom.

I couldn't sleep so I sat up and looked at my panda mask. I smiled and walked up to the mirror an put it on. Yet all I could think about was Hinami. I took the mask off and put it on my bedside cabinet. I climbed back into bed and eventually fell asleep.