Chapter 99

After swimming we all went to our normal lessons. I sat, in my normal seat, next to the window and Hinami listen to the teacher drone on about stuff I had already been taught.
I looked out of the window and Kaneki was stood there. I looked at the clock and school was practically finished so packed all of my things into my bag and as soon as the bell went I walked out to him.
"What's up?" I asked standing against the wall.
"I wanted to apologise. I don't know what happened. In my mind I was thinking one thing an I was acting out a completely different way." he kissed my forehead before pulling a box out of his pocket. "I took the flower ring I made you to a jewellers down the road and i had them make this" he opened the box to reveal the daisy ring, except it was made out of silver and in the middle of the flower was a diamond.
"This is too much" I said sadly.
"Nothing's too much. I told you I love you and this is a ring to prove that. I'll admit, I'm sick and I need help but you can help me. You've been through this right?"
"I have but this was really expensive."
"It was but you can't put a price on love" he said sliding the ring onto my finger. "Hinami's there and she's coming towards us. I'll see you later" he said walking off pulling his hood up.
"Was that him?" She asked smiling.
I smiled and slowly held my hand out.
"He had the flower made into a ring" I said holding my hand out.
"Whoa. Is he rich?" She asked smiling.
"Honestly we don't really talk about money."
"Well, that ring is beautiful"
"It's the fact that it has sentimental value. He could have just bought a normal ring but instead he had this made for me."
"You're lucky. Don't let him go, ever?" She said smiling.
"Don't worry. I won't."
She linked my arm and began walking to Anteiku. We got inside and she made me some coffee.
"It's lovely to see you again." Touka said smiling. "I see Hinami has already served you"
"Yes she has"
Touka went to walk off when she saw the ring. "Are you engaged." She said in shock.
"Eh no. Isn't a a promise ring."
"Wow. It's beautiful" she grabbed my hand to inspect my ring further. "Hold on. Are you with Kaneki?" She asked confused.
"What?!" Hinami shouted running over.
"Erm no" I said confused.
"I saw him go Into the jewellers to ask for a ring to be made"
"No. I'm not with anybody called Kaneki" I said just as he walked in.
"Who's with me?" he asked confused.
"That ring is the one you had made this morning." Touka questioned.
"It wasn't for me" he said confused. "I did it for Hide"
"Hide?" Touka asked smiling.
"Hide gave you that" Hinami asked.
"Yes. Hide and I are together" I said just as he walked in.
"A word" I said pulling him out of Anteiku.
"Taiga" he said confused.
"Yeah. Look, Kaneki made me a ring an they're onto us so he said you were with me. Play along" I said hugging him. "Hug me back so we look happy" I muttered. He hugged me back and held my hand as we walked in.
"Everyone. This is-" he began.
"Hinata. We know. She's Hianmis friend" Touka interrupted.
"Hey Kaneki. I'd like to get to know Hides best friend a bit more if me and him plan on getting married. Mind if we go out for a bit. Just me and you?"
"Seems great." He smiled.
I grabbed my bag and nodded before walking out with Kaneki. We got to his house and sat down.
"That was awkward" he sighed.
"Tell me about it"
"I don't want us to lie anymore. I want everyone to know the best girl in the world loves me, not Hide"
"They'll find out eventually"
"Yeah. Eventually. I want them to know now"
"All in due time Kaneki. Be patient."
"I can't be patient. Look at you. You're driving me crazy"
I turned around and smiled. "Crazy how?"
"Your attitude is driving me crazy." He said slowly walking towards me. I took a step back. "The way you smell is driving me crazy" he walked closer so I took a step back, fully pressed against the wall. "Your eyes are driving me crazy"
He grabbed my hands and held them above my head, pressed against the wall. "the way you are my everything and nobody is allowed to know is driving me crazy." He bit his lip and looked into my eyes. " I want to kiss you all the time but I can't." He lent in to kiss me when there was a knock at the door. He sighed and walked over it to answer it. Hinami walked in smiling.
"I presume you'd be here. Thanks to you and Tatsuyas relationship, he's invited me and you to go skiing with him an the elder year. He convinced the teachers to let us come"
"Relationship?" Kaneki asked, obviously jealous.
"Yeah this guy at school that loves her. We were swimming and he dragged her out of the pool"
"He did what"
"Yeah. Pulled her out of the pool just to kiss her"
My eyes shot open. "It was a one sided kiss" I pointed out.
"I don't understand why though. Hot, topless, popular, older boy keeps practically throwing himself at you and you keep rejecting him"
I looked at Kaneki and a small smile appeared on his face. "I'll have to check with my boyfriend first"
"I'm sure he won't mind" Kaneki said.
"Seriously? Okay then. I guess we're going skiing"