Chapter 109

Ayatos POV
I looked down to see a small girl with white hair directing a group. I couldn't be sure if it was Taiga but then I saw the mask and I knew it wasn't her.
I looked down and shook my head. The girl had wishful thinking I'll give her that, less then 10 ghouls against more then 20 CCG. She's screwed. I waved and the aogiri all jumped down. I looked at her but she didn't see me, she was too focused on the red head beside her.

Taiga's POV
I looked around and the aogiri were here helping us which means Kaneki or Ayato can't be far. "Ann?" I shouted.
"What?" She said gracefully dodging bullets.
"I'm going to find Kaneki" I shouted.
"Okay have fun" she said zooming off. I nodded and jumped up onto a building before running off. I saw the one eyed owl...but the manager was dead so who was this?
"Stop!" Ann shouted. I turned around and she ran over.
"That's the bosses daughter Eto"
"I thought her name was et"
"That's her nick name. You can't go near her like that she will kill you!"
I looked down to see her throwing juuzou around like a toy. I then saw shinohara dead.
"I'm all for killing investigators but he's my age! He's still a kid! He still has to live" I said pushing her away before jumping down and running over.
"Stop!" I shouted. "Enough!"
She giggled. "Who are you to come and say that to me" she said as I picked the nearly unconscious investigator up.
"My name is Taiga and I know yours is Eto. Please, let me get him out of here" I begged.
"You're not Taiga" she said confused.
I put the boy down carefully and pulled my mask and wig off. "Yes I am so please let me take him"
She laughed. "It's a pleasure to meet such a high rated ghoul yet a disappointment to see you saving one of these." She said angrily she went to strike me when ann saved me by shouting "she has a young orphan niece to look after. Hinami right?"
"Hina? Small girl, brown hair, really cute?" Eto asked.
"Yes. That's her." I said confused.
"Well why didn't you say that! Hina is a good friend of mine. Off you go" she said letting us past. I nodded, picked juuzou up, slinging him over my shoulder and just as I went to walk away I got a good sniff of this ghoul so if I ever came across them in human form I could sniff them out. I ran to Anteiku knowing they had a first aid kit and put him down on the ground, where there was blood, kanekis blood.
I tried to ignore it when I felt a small tap. Then another, then another so I looked down. Juuzou was punching me but due to how weak he was he couldn't even kill a fly if he tried.
"I'm not gonna hurt you I need to patch you up" I said.
"Why? You're a ghoul"
"You have had so many chances to try and kill me yet you never did, so I'll help you and when you're better you can go back to trying to kill me?" I said nervously. I pulled his top open and looked at the wound on his abdomen.
"Holy fuck that's deep" I said nervously.
"Leave me alone I don't need help from you!" he said almost as a whisper.
"Just shush juuzou." I said pulling my jacket off and pressing it against his wound.
"How do you know my name?"
"I listen......a lot." I said standing up and rushing into my old apartment looking for the first aid kit. I found it and turned around.
"What the hell are you doing here?!" I shouted grabbing Hide's arm.
He pulled it back and grabbed mine. He pulled me into a bedroom to see Kaneki lay on a bed unconscious. I dropped the first aid box and dropped to his side.
"Don't leave me" I begged holding his hand.
"What's this for?" He asked picking the first aid kit up.
"For the guy downstairs. He's CCG but I owe him one, please carry him up here so I can help him." I begged.
"Then he'll know who I am."
I threw my mask at him. He knew what to do and went down to bring him back up. I kissed kanekis forehead and sighed before walking over to the now dead looking boy lay on my old living room floor.
"What do we do now?" He asked confused.
"Ehh. I need a sowing kit and something strong to stitch him up with. There erm should be fishing line in hinami's room in a keep sake box under her bed."
He nodded and ran off. "why does she have this?" He asked running back.
"Her dad use to go fishing she obviously kept it all" I said putting my foot on juuzou's stomach to stop the bleeding whilst I pulled a decent length of line out before biting it off and threading it through a needle. I moved my foot and looked at his wound. I put my fingers in the wound to assess further and lucky he wasn't severely hurt, like nothing inside seemed to be damaged. I took my fingers out and flicked the blood off.
"I need you to cover his mouth" I said to hide whilst I pulled out a wipe. Hide nodded and covered his mouth whilst I wiped juuzou's wound before stitching it up. I cleaned it again and bandaged it up. I picked him up and put him on the couch before standing up. As I stood up I collapsed, hide caught me and sighed.
"You're exhausted you need to rest." He said helping me balance.
"I can't rest when I know people are dying.I gotta go" I said shaking it off.
"Are you stupid?"
"No it's called being loyal. My team is out there so I have to-" I said turning around. I gulped nervously. "-help my team" I said looking up at Kaneki.
"You're helping a traitor" he said blankly.
"He's not a traitor he's a young boy in need of some help! The only person he trusted was just killed right in front of him the least I can do is move him away from shinohara's corpse and patch him up, for all the times he's had the chance to kill me and left me to live, I owe him"
"You owe him nothing"
"I owe him everything." I said walking to Hide and grabbing my mask and walking back over to Kaneki.
"I love you so much and I can't live without you but you can barely hold yourself up, you're still bleeding..." I looked at the first aid gear an sighed.
"I need to patch you up Kaneki" I said putting my mask on the floor and grabbing his hand lying him down on the ground. I pulled his top up and began staring at his muscular physique. I awkwardly gently wiped the blood off of him. He winced a little bit so I looked at his face. "You okay?" I asked nervous about what I would have to do next. He nodded. "I need you to be quiet because if you scream and anyone hears you they'll come up, okay?"
"Taiga wait" he said slowly putting his hand on my cheek.
"Look. Just let me get this over with..... please" I said sadly. He nodded so I threaded the needle with the fishing line and sighed. "I'm so sorry" I said nervously. As soon as I began stitching him he started screaming.
"Hide!!" I shouted over Kaneki. He put his hand over kanekis mouth an sighed guiltily.
"Please pass out" I chanted quietly over and over again as I continued to sew him up, eventually he did pass out so Hide moved away and I finished off before bandaging him up.
"I love you." I said kissing his forehead. I took the ring off and looked at hide.
"When he wakes up, tell him this was an engagement ring." I said smiling at the ring. "Tell him I will always love him and that if anything is to happen, don't hold back on moving on and to use this ring one day to propose to someone who is a lot better then me. A lot nicer, kinder and less weird and twisty." I wiped my cheek and held the ring out. "I have to go just make sure to tell him that I love him and this isn't me breaking up with him, this is me covering my back....in case i die"
Hide took the ring and smiled slightly.
"He won't ever find someone as kind as you, think about it, you just saved a persons life, a person that is against everything you are. If that's not kind I honestly don't know what is."
I smacked his arm gently and smiled. "Thank you for being there for me Hide."
"No problem"
"Hide." I said smiling.
"What?"
"I love you." I smiled before walking out of my apartment.