Chapter 104

"I want to go back to the 20th ward." I said looking around. "I know they hate me but with a wig I won't be suspected. I could be going anywhere."
"No. Amon knows you're related to Hinami, if he spots you he'll know who Hinami is and that's dangerous." Mr Uta said pacing around. Yomo walked into the room and sat with Itori.
"It's nice to see you again" he said to me giving a slight nod of approval.
"And you." I said sitting down slowly.
"I think putting her in a house with Kaneki would be good" Itori said.
"So great that when they figure out he's eyepatch they definitely won't put two and two together and suss out she's Taiga."
"I agree with Itori." Yomo said nodding
"Why don't they go to the 14th ward, continue to go to school there and take Annoura with them."
"Annoura?" I said confused.
"The girl you didn't kill. We'll keep her alive if you take her with you."
I looked at Raiden and smiled. "Let's do that."
"Is this meeting done then. Can I please take taiga outside now" he said looking at Itori.
"Yeah go on" she smiled.
He grabbed my hand and dragged me outside onto a bench. I was wearing the coat Itori had on and her scarf and Raiden had a coat and scarf on too, he was also holding an umbrella.
"Look." He said showing me the few inches of snow building up on the ground. I smiled.
"You wanted to show me the snow."
"Yeah. I also needed to talk to you." He took a deep breath and sighed. "I broke up with Ayumi." He said nodding.
"What? Why?"
"She liked you a little too much and it was annoying. Whenever she came round or whenever I met her it would be 'where's Hana' 'why isn't she here' and it just got annoying."
"But you really liked her"
"No. I put up with her. I like you. This is the perfect way to do this" he said smiling. "Kaneki Is an ass that doesn't deserve you. After everything you two have been through he still treats you like shit. If you were my girlfriend I would care for you"
"You couldn't handle me Raiden"
"What? And he can"
"Yes. He can. He knows what to do in certain situations and I'm not a slut. Eventually, he will be normal, the Kaneki I fell in love with with show up and if I have to wait for that then so be it." I stood up and began to slowly walk away. I wasn't planning on going far, just for a walk.
I reached a bridge and decided to climb on to the railing. I closed my eyes and slowly started to hold my arms out. I let the wind hug me. I turned around so my back was to the river. If I fell now, I'd be fucked. Although the thought of just falling freely took over. and that's when I lent back.
"What are you doing."
I opened my eyes and looked at Kaneki grabbing my coat with one hand, keeping me safely on the bridge.
"Kaneki" I said confused.
"Are you surprised to see me?" He asked wearing the eyepatch. It took a moment for me to come to terms with what I was seeing before I actually threw myself at him, wrapping my arms and legs around him.
I moved away and put my hand on the eyepatch. "You're wearing it" I said smiling.
"I have black roots" he said pulling me under and street light. he bent down so I could see.
"You have black roots!" I shouted happily. I sighed and looked at him.
"You live in the 20th ward permanently now don't you?"
"Yeah with you" he said confused.
I shook my head. "I'm staying in the 14th. It's safer there I have friends there...allies."
"You have those with me too"
"I know.....but-"
"-there's no buts. You keep wearing that white wig and going to school and you'll be fine." He grabbed my hand and pulled me away.
"Kaneki" I said softly.
"What?"
"I have to do what they say"
"Whys that"
"They're my bosses"
"Then you quit."
"Wait. Go talk to them first. Get it smoothed over and see if you can actually get them to let me stay."
Kaneki nodded and stormed off inside the building whilst I waited.
"Hey." Someone said. I turned around and Annoura stood there.
"Hey." I said awkwardly.
"They told me I'm moving with you guys. Going to school with you and Raiden" she said sitting down.
"Yeah. He's nice don't worry"
"Oh no. You're both nice, that's not why I'm worried. You seem like great people, I mean, you saved my life, I've just never been to a public school"
"You never went high school"
"No. I was always homeschooled."
"Why?"
"My mum hates the thought of going to school with people who bad mouthed ghouls and wanted them dead. I was always considerate towards humans. I'd never eat people that didn't want to be eaten"
"What do you mean?"
"Where I use to live there are people that you pay to eat off every month or so. You don't kill them, just bite a bit off."
"That's really weird"
"I know but I hated it and that's when we started looking into groups and we found Anteiku. My mother knew Ukina before she died so we came here and that's when Amon killed my mum. A long time after Ukina died"
"Ukina?"
"Mr Yoshimauras wife"
"Wife?!"
"Yeah...he has a child to. Et"
"Et?" I said confused.
"Yes. Anteiku means peace an harmony as I'm sure you're aware... But it's also an anagram of their names, Ukina and et. A-n-t-e-i-k-u"
"I didn't know that"
"Well you do now" she said smiling.
"Thanks for that." I said awkwardly.
"The snow is settling."
"Looks like it"
"I hate snow"
"Why?" I said smiling.
"It's just slippy coldness. People find fun in jumping in it and throwing it a people. I don't understand why it's fun. It's cold, wet and it hurts"
"It's not that bad."
"It's not that bad? Did you just say that"
"Yeah. Look" I said picking some snow up and throwing it at her. She dusted herself off and smiled.
"They said no" Kaneki said storming over.
"It's fine. You can come down and visit sometimes..."
"I don't want sometimes I want all the time" he grabbed me and hugged me. I hugged him back.
"It's hard. Were both wanted by the ccg so just being together is difficult. You can come down with Hinami sometimes, yeah?" I said moving away.
"Yeah"
"Look after her too"
"I will"