Chapter 117

I let Juuzou out of the car and pulled the mask off of him. I put his arm over my shoulder and helped him to the investigators. I put him down and someone spotted us. They ran over.
"Step away from him" they said.
"I saved his life. He's going to want to go to a hospital to be thoroughly checked out because despite my efforts, they aren't flawless." I nodded and walked away again.
I got into my car and went to drive off but I couldn't. I looked around before getting out of the car.
"I'm going to finish you off." Someone said. I looked slightly to the side, at the wing mirror on the car before jumping up, activating my kagune.
"Stop this!" I shouted.
The investigator continued and continued. "I said stop!" I screamed. The investigator didn't wan to stop but then his comrades joined.
"It's the tiger. Kill her"
I dodged their attacks before kicking the quinque out of one of their hands.
"Stop!" I shouted. "Please I just want to leave"
"We want you to leave too. Think of it as serving you justice. Even though you don't deserve that."
"No." Juuzou shouted from near the ccg van. "She saved my life please...let her go...just this once" he said. I smile slightly at him before continuing to defend myself. I had my back turned to one of them when I felt something then turned to see juuzou standing there with a quinque defending me?
"I said leave her her alone" he said weakly. I felt him lean against me for support so I turned around and caught him just as his leg gave in.
"Like I said get him to a hospital" I shouted. The man in front of me gasped.
"Copy that" he said. "The eyepatch is carrying a dead ccg officer."
"What? Where?!" I shouted.
I didn't bother waiting around for an answer. I ran to a building and jumped up, continuing to run.
"Taiga stop" Ayato said grabbing me, whisking me off my feet.
"Let go Kaneki is-" I said before stopping, realising he was there carrying a body wrapped in a sheet.
I began shaking. "Who's he carrying?" I asked, still with my feet of the ground.
"You don't need to know" he said squeezing me.
"I do need to know" I said in shock. "Why is Kaneki looking after the body like that?" I said confused. "He wouldn't do that for an investigator!" I shouted. "The man I was with said Kaneki was carrying a ccg but he wouldn't! He hates them all?!" I shouted worriedly.
"There's one he doesn't hate." Ayato let out, sounding almost like a whisper. The sheet then blew off the body.
I didn't make a sound, I didn't move a muscle, the wind just lightly blew my hair, swaying it gently, carrying small flakes of snow along with it. Ayato slowly let go of me, letting me stand but my legs gave in, so I was on my knees. "No." I said confused. "I spoke to him." I said confused.
"Taiga" Ayato said trying not to cry.
"I was with him? I hugged him." I said confused. "How is he dead." I said shaking my head. "I can't take another loss." I said shaking my head. "Kaito, Ryo, Tatsuya, Jason, Rize, the boss and now Hide? am I cursed?" I asked.
I let out a loud scream that's when Ayato covered my mouth, but it was too late, the ccg already clocked us. I pushed him away and jumped down. I ran to Hide and looked at his body.
"No." I said crying. "You can't be dead" I Grabbed his hand. "Wake up! This isn't funny! Stop joking." I said sobbing hysterically. "Please just wake up!"i cried out.
"That's the tiger?" The investigators muttered.
"Hide please wake up! You've made it through so much!" I shouted.

Flashback
Hide should be coming over soon. Things seem to be going well with him. I just hope that I don't go mad at him like I did with Nishiki and Touka.

There's a knock at the door so Hinami let's Hide in. I run over and gave him a hug. "You came" I said smiling.

He moved away and picked up a pot from the ground. "I bought some food. Made it myself." He said walking inside. I shut the door and looked at Hinami. She smiled cheekily. "Have fun trying to get out of that" she said smiling before walking into her bedroom. I walked over to him and he had set out everything on the table, it was so sweet and romantic, how could have I refused? I sat down with him an tucked in, swallowing it down, trying to keep it down, trying to stop heaving. After we are done, and I said I was full we sat on the couch.

I could feel the food coming up. "You look sick." He said worriedly.

"Oh no I'm fine" I said trying to stop myself from feeling sick.

"I'll go and you get some rest" he said standing up. He let himself out. Finally, he's gone. I ran to the toilet, hunched over throwing up. The bathroom door opened but I didn't bother turning around, I just kept my head in the toilet. "hinami you can joke about me eating food later" I said throwing up some more. She grabbed all of my hair and held it back as she rubbed my back. I turned my head slightly to look at her. I sat there for a minute.

"You okay now?" They asked.

I turned back the the toilet and threw up again. But that was it. I wasn't going to be sick no more. Yet he continued rubbing my back.

I slowly stood up and he helped me. I rinsed me face off with some cold water. "You feeling better"

I stood there staring at him in shock.

"It's okay. I guess I always had a hunch. A little girl like you carrying me." Hide still smiled.

"How aren't you scared" I asked.

"You look after your niece in a public cafe and you've been with me a lot. If you were going to kill me you would have done it by now, and the fact that you ate all of that food knowing you'd be sick just because I made it"
I began smiling. "my cooking is bad for a human let alone a ghoul. You eating it does mean a lot, so thankyou" he said kindly.

I looked at hide with tears in my eyes. I just grabbed him and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and began swaying side to side which was really soothing. I slowly moved away and hide tucked the hair behind my ears. He stared into my eyes for a minute or two before leaning in to kiss me. I leaned away. "I was just sick." I said smiling.

"You also eat human flesh"

I shrugged agreeably and leaned back in and kissed Hide.

Hide moved away with the biggest smile anyone could ever possibly have on their face. "I really, really like you."

"I really like you too. But now you know, you must tell nobody, not even kaneki"

"Who do you think I am? I wouldn't want the investigators to take the girl I'm crushing on now would I?"

I began smiling. "So, you know I'm a ghoul and aren't even bothered and you're crushing on me"

"Just a little bit"

I smiled. "That deserves another kiss" I said leaning in to kiss Hide again.

Back to reality
And I loved hide. When he was hospitalised, I loved him, I could never imagine him dying. I could never imagine him dead, in kaneki's arms, being carried down a path coated with snow dressed in ccg uniform. Kaneki shrugs past me and continues to walk away with Hide. Whilst I'm just kneeling in the snow crying. I fall forward so I'm now on my hands, on all fours, crying my eyes out. I look down and watch where the small droplets temporarily melt the snow. I would give anything just to see that smile on hides face again.
All of a sudden, I'm pulled from my grieving state when a helicopter flashes by. I feel something pick me up. I look an Noro and Itori are there.
"Ayato grab her. Let's go" she says. Ayato picks me up so I wrap my arms around his neck and cry into his shoulder. Hide can't be dead? Hide? HIDE. The boy that loved me in spite of being a ghoul. The boy that did utmost anything to keep me happy and I treated him like shit. The boy who was in love with me has supposedly been dying for hours now, slowly bleeding out and I was too busy worrying about Juuzou.
"Get the hell off me!!" I scream.
"Taiga calm down!" Ayato shouts.
"Hide!!!" I scream again.