Chapter 58

Soon enough after I left, Ayato followed me. I told him he would be able to join me so long as he told the group at Anteiku I was dead. I know...it's a bit morbid and gory but I hate it there and if they thought I was dead, it'd be hard to move on but eventually they'd do it.
We moved to the 14th ward the 'Nakano ward' in tokyo. It's one of the places where cannibalism is quite big so me and Ayato decided this place would be fine.
I enrolled myself in a university with a fake ID. Now, I'm 18 again. Hana Sasaki. Due to the fact I have barely any friends, mostly everyone calls me Sasaki.
I live with my '18' year old friend, Joji Suzuki. We still call each other by our real names, Taiga and Ayato, when were home alone but other then that we go by our 'secret' names.
In this ward, my size and looks are found to be attractive...along with Ayato....although being the new girl with a lot of unwanted male attention, I don't get along with many girls at uni....none to be correct.
"Taiga. Come on were gonna be late!" He shouted. I sighed.
"I'm coming" I said tiding my hair up. I smiled and walked out to him. He handed me my lunch an I thanked him. We then walked outside.
"Hana! Suzuki!" Some boys shouted behind us. I sighed.
"Eiji and Daiki?" I asked.
"Yep" Ayato said popping the p at the end of that word.
Eiji was a tall, slim boy with glasses...I will admit he's very handsome, but not at all my type. His hair is a blacky-blue colour and his fringe it always covering most of his face.
Daiki on the other hand doesn't wear glasses and reminds me of Kaito. They are identical but Daiki is more laid back and intellectual then Kaito and you can hear it in his voice. I turned around, faking a smile to look at Ayato's new annoying friends that keep trying to sleep round my house so they can be with me because they're supposedly head over heels for me.
"So what you doing this weekend?" Eiji asked looking at me. I slapped my forehead and sighed.
"You guys aren't crashing at my place so you can watch Taiga...I mean Hana."
"We just want to spend time with our good friend." Daiki said elbowing Ayato playfully.
"Let them stay. I'm sick of them begging. They'll see how boring it is and won't want to come again." I said smiling.
"I highly doubt that" Ayato said possessively.
"It's okay. I'll be in my room the whole time. With the door locked" I said, putting emphasis on the word locked.
The two boys sighed and we all continued to walk to uni. I sat at my desk and began staring out of the window. I always phased out in my lessons and began daydreaming. This was a new start for us and I don't ever look back. The life I left was left for a reason. I'm dead to them...literally and id like to keep it that way.
"Excuse me. What page are we on?" Someone asked. I flinched at the sudden question and turned to face who had asked me.
"I don't know sorry...wasn't paying attention." I sent him a nervous smile and he shrugged it off. I turned to face the window when he spoke up again.
"You're new here aren't you?"
"Erm...not so much anymore" I said awkwardly.
"I heard you came from the 20th ward"
"Yeah...I did."
"That use to be one of the most peaceful wards in tokyo, now look at it." I nodded. "is that why you left?" I smiled at how un-restrained this person was. He literally just said what came to mind. "I don't mean to pry. I just thought i'd have a chat with the mysterious quiet girl that gazes at the sky all day."
I smiled. "Yeah. I left because it was too dangerous. Me and my friend left." I said pointing at Ayato. "We live together now so...."
"Oh. Am I stepping into someone else territory."
I giggled again. "No. Were just friends."
"Cool." He said. He wrote something on a piece of paper an handed it to me.
'I can smell you're a ghoul. I am too'
I looked at him and his eyes changed and then changed back to normal. I smiled.
"Well...since you told me that...I'll tell you my real name." I held out my hand. "I'm Taiga."
"Hi Taiga, I'm Raiden."
"That's a nice name."
"So is taiga." I smiled at his compliment. "Do you want to come to my house after school. My sister makes the best ghoul coffee in the world."
"Okay sure." I said smiling.

When it was lunch, I found Ayato and told him I was going to a friends house and to take his nerd friends home with him and I would meet him later and he was okay with that...probably because he has the strange idea that I was going to a girls house...not the most popular boy in school, who is In fact a ghoul.