Chapter 122

After a while Takasu took me out for a bit so I could calm down. I started trailing behind so he stopped.
"Would you like me to carry you the rest of the way home?" He asked.
"Yeah" I said mid way through yawning.
He walked over and bent down spin could get on his back.
"You're really light" he said holding me tightly.
"I know. I get told that a lot" i said resting my head on his shoulder.
"You tired" he asked.
"Yeah."
He chuckled before stopping. "Wow. Look at that." He said pointing at the sky. I jumped down off his back and smiled.
"A shooting star" I said.
"Akio said you love stars"
"Yeah. He knew me well"
"He really did love you"
"He didn't. He loved my friend"
"Rize? No. He liked her...a lot but he did love you"
"He killed someone I loved because if I didn't want him nobody could want me so he killed the love of my life and made me watch. He was an ass. He needed help and a lot of it."
"Yeah. You're right there. We did try to help him but he went and got himself killed"
"No. I got him killed. I killed him."
Takasu walked over to a bench and sat down so I sat next to him.
"I'm grateful that you and Aoi are here but you don't have to stay anymore...i'm fine. There's no way Ayato or Raiden will let me get hurt or do anything stupid. You can go."
"Me and Aoi have grown to like you and when we make someone a promise we keep it."
"But your promise to Akio was to keep me safe the night the ccg raided the 20th ward and you did. I'm still here and alive."
"Our promise was to get you out of the 20th ward and leave when you can cope on your own. Not when you rely on two of your friends."
He stood up and I got on his back again. I was tired so I closed my eyes for just a second.
"Oh my god" Takasu muttered. "What?" I said opening my eyes.
Hide stood there, blood soaked and still in his ccg uniform. I was shocked for a moment before I got off Takasu and walked over. I pinched his cheek and poked his face a couple of times before he grabbed my arms. "I'm here. I'm alive" he said pulling me into his arms. I hugged him and tried not to cry.
"I have always loved you but you seemed so much safer with Kaneki until I realised it was him that was so much safer with you. He needs you to stand by him through thick or thin. I know he left but he's here now." Hide moved aside and Kaneki walked over. I smiled and ran and jumped up at him, hugging him.
"You're alive." I said.
"So are you." He put me down and pulled the ring out. He didn't put It on, but he did put it in my hand.
"You were right. I need to find someone stronger and kinder. You can't handle me and I can't handle you and your hot and cold attitude with boys. It's ridiculous. I love you but everything good has to end sooner or later" he kissed my head and walked off.
"Hide! Please wait. I just got you back. At least give me a moment please"
He smiled and walked over.
"You remember our first date. When I made you that food and I realised you were a ghoul."
"Yeah?"
"That was the best day of my life. I have to go now taiga!" He said with that same old cheesy grin. "bye Taiga!" He said waving before running off to Kaneki. then I opened my eyes and I was on takasu's back.
"What?" I asked confused.
"Yeah. After I offered to carry you you dozed off for a bit."
"I was asleep?" I asked confused.
"Yeah why?" He asked.
I looked in my hand and there was a daisy. Maybe that was an epiphany, a vision, telling me that I should move on and that hide is always with me.
I looked forward and the mansion was right in front of us.
"I can walk the rest" I said.
"No need were almost here. You're as light as a feather anyway."
He walked up the stairs to the mansion opened the door and carried me to bed.
"I think Hinami is asleep. She was in a bod mood before you left" Raiden said running in. I didn't want to be rude to Raiden but I couldn't take my eyes off of Takasu.
"I'll go now" he said giving me a small smile.
"Yeah. Okay. Bye" I said smiling.
Takasu walked off so Raiden shut the bedroom door and walked over. "Did you have fun."
"Yeah. I had a dream though."
"A dream?"
"Oh yeah. I fell asleep on his back earlier. Anyway, hide was there and so was Kaneki. In my dream Kaneki handed me my ring back and when I woke up I was holding this" I said giving him the daisy. "He said he needed to find someone stronger and nicer. I can't handle him and he can't handle me and all the boys I want."
"Dream Kaneki is an ass"
"But you see I think it was a message."
"Why because you woke up holding a daisy that looks a bit like the engagement ring Kaneki had specially made for you. I mean come on the guy was whipped"
"Yeah and I was nearly killed on several occasions. If he was whipped he'd have come with Hinami to check if I was okay?"
"Taiga you're being selfish. His un biological brother, best friend just died? Maybe he needs you to find him. Stop sitting around an go look for the guy you supposedly love!"
"What the hell has gotten into you?"
"You have! You think everything revolves around you princess taiga and news flash! It doesn't. You're sitting around here bitching about the fact Kaneki hasn't come well maybe he doesn't know you're here? Maybe he's snapped because his best friend just died! Maybe he needs you to help him but instead you're forgetting that you're picking daisies and interpreting them as some weird sign! Like a fucking excuse to break up with him. Some big tough good looking guy is in the picture and now you don't want Kaneki anymore!"
"You know that's not it" I whispered.
"No I don't! You're a bipolar bitch. Figure yourself out." He said walking away.
I stood there in shock. What he said made sense I guess he was just a bit too harsh. But I guess harsh was what I needed.