Chapter 21

Guess this is how everything was meant to work out.....

Guess Hinami and touka were meant to be together. Maybe me dying was for the best. I opened my eyes to see rize sat on the end of my bed. "That kaneki is a tasty one, right" she said looking Into the distance. I climbed out of bed, wearing a hospital gown. My hair was back to the previous "flame" colours.

Rize turned to face me. "Am I dead?" I asked.

She began laughing. "No. You're not. Some would say this is all a hallucination but I'm here to tell you something." She walked over to me. "You are in danger. Wake up and get safe. Hinami, she will be safe....for now if you leave without her."

Everything began to fade and I woke up in a hospital bed. I went to move but I was handcuffed to the bed. "Help?" I shouted. An investigator walked in. "So you're awake then...ghoul"

"I have a name" I said sitting back nervously.

"Yes I know, taiga. I killed your sister and brother in law, I'm very familiar with who you are. Friends with the rabbit that killed my boss?"

I went for the man but I was handcuffed to the bed. "The hospital doesn't want me killing you, but they don't want you roaming around taking advantage of the defensive less, sick people. I'll get your papers and me and you will have a chat. Outside, just the two of us."

The man walked off. Rize was right, I am in danger. I tried to pull my hand out of the handcuffs but it was no use. I wasn't as strong as usual, I haven't eaten enough to help me recover. A doctor walked in. "No no. Please. I have a family. Don't do this. My niece. She's 14 and an orphan. She has no one but me. Please don't" I said as he made his way closer to me. He took the little cap off. "Hide" I said confused. He took the cuffs off. "You need to go. The man's coming back" he said sadly. I sat up an hugged hide. I began crying. "I'm sorry." I said squeezing him.

In walked in the investigator. I let go of hide and jumped off the bed. Hide ran at the man holding him back for a split second giving me a chance to leave through the window.