Chapter 101

Hinami's POV
I look at Kaneki after Taiga left. "I didn't want her to leave" I whispered. "I wanted her to prove she could stay"
"You said you wanted her gone and she left. She knew you'd probably feel this way that's why she never told you. A few good days as your friend would have been better then her seeing you and coming clean and you hating her"
"She thinks I hate her?" I said confused.
"She didn't want to come back because of how you all treated her with Kaito. She though you all hated her"
"Wait?! She's with Hide" I asked confused.
"Actually no. Me and her were both nervous and Hide stepped up. I proposed to her but she wants to wait."
"So much has happened since she left and I want to tell her but it's hard"
"Hina', so much has happened with her too. Why don't we wait a minute, have a cup of coffee and go and see her, yeah?"
I smiled. "Okay."

We had some coffee and threw on some boots before traipsing to Taiga's cabin.
Tatsuya and Raiden were outside in the hot tub talking. "Where's Taiga?" I asked.
"Erm."they both had no idea what to say.
"It's fine." Kaneki butted in.
"Well, we thought she was with you."
"No." I muttered. "Is this hers" I said pointing at a door.
"Yeah" Tatsuya said. I nodded and walked in. All of her things were gone and there was a note with a ring on it. I picked them both up. I read the note.
"We gotta get to the airport" I said putting the ring in my pocket and running outside to the truck.
"Why?" Kaneki asked following me.
"Drive and I'll explain"
He got in and did what I asked, no hassle, of course I did have to tell him Taiga was leaving again.

Taiga's POV
I got to the airport and sat at my gate waiting for the aeroplane to arrive. I pulled my hood up and put my earphones in, listening to music to pass the time. Eventually, my plane was ready to oars so I walked the the back of the queue. I looked down at my now empty finger. I'm going to miss Kaneki so much, and Raiden, although I'll be seeing him soon because there's no way I'm ready to live like this all by myself. He can do it with me.

I could hear something in the distance, but I ignored It and continued to move forward. I did get a bit teary but then I saw Kaneki. I laughed and shook my head. I'm hallucinating now, great. I'm an emotional, delusional wreck.
"Taiga!!!!" Hinami screamed. I took my earphones out and looked. It wasn't a delusion, it was real. They both ran over hugging me.
"We're not going to lose you again" Hinami said squeezing me.
"Hina" Kaneki muttered.
"Oh yeah" she said moving out of the way. He got down on one knee and pulled out the ring.
"Will you do me the honour?"
I knew he didn't mean marriage, so I said yes and everyone around us cheered but honestly, I enjoyed the attention too much to tell them we weren't actually engaged.
"I'm never letting you go." He said hugging me.
"I know" I said hugging him back.
"And." He moved away. "We spoke in the car...you are moving in with me right away, so is Hinami"
"Wait? What" I said bombarded by all the sudden change.
"Well, now she knows she wants to be together. She finally has a family again. You, finally have a family again. And I have a family again."
"Are you sure. I don't want to be a burden. I got your last house burnt down"
"Taiga. I want you to live with me. I want to be with you for as long as I live."
I hugged him. "I love you Kaneki ken"
"I love you so much more"

Hinami coughed awkwardly so I moved away and hugged her. "I'm so sorry" I whispered.
"I forgive you. I woulda forgiven you in a heart beat if you'd have come to me straight away" she smiled and grabbed my hand.
"You've changed." I smiled at her.
"So have you" she smiled back. I can no longer smile down at her because she's about the same size as me. Am I really going to have a family because every time I get excited or happy about something it gets taken away from me and I don't know if I can handle it anymore.