Chapter 30

I ran down a dark path and sat against the wall. Honestly I don't know what I was thinking, turning up there. I sat against the wall crying. They know I don't have black hair. They know I'm here. Ayato knows Jason is protecting me so maybe Tsukiyama will back off. "Taiga. I know you're down there so just come out. I want to chat." Tsukiyama shouted.
"No no no no no" I whisperd. I scraped the hair away from my face an pulled myself up. "If I come out, it's just for a chat" I shouted.
"Sure"
I nodded and slowly walked out of the darkness.
"Ah. Taiga. I can see your hair has been restored to the natural colour. It is natural isn't it?...."
"The fiery colour? Yes. It's natural. What do you want?"
"I want to know why you completely and utterly slated my taste of dining then out of no where you show up?"
"Honestly, I don't know. I've only been once and that was when you wanted me dead."
"Now!" He shouted. Ayato appeared from behind and held me so I couldn't move.
"Wow. So mature. What now? You don't like the fact Jason's helping me?"
"Jason's helping you?" He asked confused.
"Oh yeah. Scared now hey" I said smiling. He clicked his fingers so Ayato let go of me.
"How did you convince that savage to help you?" He asked.
"I don't know. He's just helping me. Maybe his humanity is back."
"Ghouls don't have humanity and the sooner you realise it the better"
"Hinami. She has humanity"
"No. She's just deluded and one day she'll see through the cloud of lies her mother created for her and she'll end up like you. A disgusting human eater, occasionally the odd ghoul"
He took it to far. I ran at him and plunged my hand straight through his abdomen. I twisted it and twisted it and watched as his face turned from cocky to scared.
"I dont take lightly to people talking shit about Hinami. I may be a twisted cannibal ghoul but she is a good person. She'd never hurt a fly. Talk shit about her and it'll be the last thing you ever talk about...understand?" I said raising an eyebrow. I ripped my hand out of his stomach and shook the blood of my hand before using his jacket as a towel. I left him lying in the ground before walking away. Ayato stood there in absolute shock.
"When he decides he wants revenge, which he will, remind him of this. Tell him I'm stronger then him and I'm nothing like Hinami. If it comes to it I will rip his head clean off. If he wants to taunt me or anyone I know I will destroy him. Starting with his reputation." Ayatos face was still.
"Same goes for you. Come near any of my friends or family and I will end you. Do not talk to Touka. She doesn't need you."
"And what if I want to resolve things with her"
"Too bad. You've fucked things up too much for that" I pushed him out of the way and walked off.
"Taiga?" He shouted. I turned around.
"What if I want to resolve things with you?" He asked, his face sincere.
"Too late. You've fucked things up too much."
"But why can't we talk about it?"
"Oh. Now that you know I'm stronger then you you want me as a friend? Think of my feelings as paper" I said walking over to him and grabbing his t-shirt. "When you scrunch it up, it's always going to be creased. As much as you try and fix it, it's always going to be a crumpled bit of paper. There's no going back" I let go of his t-shirt and smiled at him. I turned to face Tsukiyama. He sat on the floor drenched in blood. I got on my knees next to him and smiled. "Lost for words I see?"
"You won. Now go" he said looking embarrassed.
I stood up and walked straight past Ayato and into the streets.
"Taiga?" Someone shouted. I turned around and Akio was there with Touka and Hide. I smiled and ran straight over to Hide and hugged him. He put his arms around me and began stroking my back.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
I buried my head into his chest and gently nodded. "Yeah. I am now. I just needed a Hide hug."
"A Hide hug. That's got a ring to it."
"Taiga." Touka whispered. I moved away from Hinami and Ayato stood there.
"Taiga, please. I'm not here for you or Touka. I need Akio. We live together and I'm leaving. I can't leave without him."
I turned around to Touka and Akio. He nodded and have me a small kiss in my head and walked towards Ayato.
"Hey...Akio. Look after your girlfriend." I said smiling. He nodded and walked towards Ayato. Ayato would not make direct eye contact with me and you could tell he was nervous. When he and Akio walked off Touka began laughing. I looked at her and smiled.
"Wow. Genuine happiness? What brought that on?" I asked sarcastically.
"You broke him. You broke Ayato. I'm not going to ask what you did because I really don't want to know...but oh my god." She said smiling. I jumped on Hide's back and him and Touka began walking towards the café.
"I have a good feeling now. Aside from Kaneki's personality change, I feel as though everything's going to be great now." I leant in right next to Hide's ear and whispered. "Back to normal"
His face lit up and red, blush colour which made me smile.
I had a good feeling about life now. There wasn't much of a threat, everything was good. Or so I thought.....