Chapter 16

"Hinami. Get here now!" I shout. " I've been waiting for ages now."

Hinami ran over. "Sorry I was a bit occupied with hetare."

"You and that bird" I said smiling. "Come on the we gotta go before it's too late"

Hinami ran out of the house as fast as possible so I ran after her.

We began laughing as we chased eachother to the park an there they were. We had been waiting all day for this. After last night Hinami wanted to do something for her mum and tonight was the lantern night. You light a floating lantern and say something about someone you love and lost. Hinami had a lantern for her mum and dad and obviously I was gonna share with her an say my piece for them. "Look" she said pointing up at the sky, mesmerised by all of the lanterns.

"I know they're beautiful"

"Hinami" touka shouted jogging over with Hide. He had his arm around her an she awkwardly batted it off when she saw me.

"You lighting a lantern?" Hinami asked

"I've already done one actually we were just heading home"

I looked at touka and smiled, but behind her stood a boy, navy blue hair and the same colour eyes. He looked skinny an tall and mysterious. He sent me a smile that just melted my heart. Hinami grabbed my arm and tugged me away so I lost sight of him.

"Mum and dad. You were the best parents any child could ask for and I'm lucky to have had what some people would say is a lifetime with the two of the most gifted, kind-hearted people that god has ever created. I'm sad to have seen you go mum, but I'm excited to see what you have in store for me."

Hinami handed me the lantern.

"Asaki, you were there for me when nobody else was. You picked me up out of the drain like a dead leaf and despite the way I was with you and humans, you still helped me.

Ryo' I can't fault anything you did except the fact you never think with your brain, just with your heart. You're a hero in my eyes. You were the reason...well are the reason Hinami is the mature, amazing, responsible girl she is today. You both are to be honest. Like she said, she was lucky to have had a lifetime with the most precious, caring people god had ever created."

I let go of the lantern and watched as it floated into the sky.

Hinami began to get upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked wiping her tears away with my sleeve.

"Why them? Why did my parents have to be killed?"

"God sat up in his little garden and saw two of the most beautiful flowers so he picked them. It just so happens them beautiful flowers were your parents. It was destiny for them to venture off the the big pearly gates in the sky."

Hinami smiled through the tears and hugged me.

"Hinami do you want to come to my house and do something fun?" Touka said looking at me like It was a question aimed at me. I nodded and smiled so them two walked away with hide.

I walked along a long path leading into the forest. Not a bright idea but it was a chance to get away from it all, be alone.

Two people jumped In front of me.

"It's a bit dangerous to be here alone don't you think?" One of them said.

I went to turn around and walk away and someone stood behind me.

"I just want to go home" I said turning back around to face the other two.

"Yeah we want to go home but were hungry."

They made their way closer to me. So I jumped up hoping to get in a tree, high up and make an escape but before I could get high enough and blade went into me and held me up like a fish on a fishing line.

"Silly silly girl" he said.

A small flash of white an I was thrown to the ground. I sat up and looked around. One man, the man that impaled me with his kagune, was gone. I was left with two other people. I tried to make a run for it but they grabbed me by my throat.

"I want to see it show it to me" he said tightening his grip around my throat. He was indicating my kagune, obviously a troubled cannibal ghoul. I used my feet to push him off me but I wasn't strong enough.

I knew if I got angry enough I could easily rip this guys head off with a finger, but I can't. One bit of blood and I'll be hooked. Like alcohol to an alcoholic.

"Please" I muttered trying to breathe.

The man laughed. "Bye"

I'm not leaving Hinami alone! That girl needs me!