Chapter 46

Kaito's POV
We're now in Taiga's bed and I'm trying to calm her down but she's really upset because of what Ayato said.
"I really do try my hardest to keep everyone alive and It just gets them killed" she said sadly.
"You kept me alive."
"But for how long can I continue to do so? I kept Aimi alive I kept Jason alive and they ended up dead."
"How you've explained it, neither of their deaths were your fault." I said stoking her head.
She looked up at me and wiped her face. "I'm sorry of this is annoying for you. I mean I don't really know you and your already hearing my problems."
"You've taken me into your home...list any problem you have I don't mind. I kinda like listening to your stories anyway. I always thought my life was adventurous by I've never head a life quite like yours."
"What do you mean?"
"Well it's certainly not boring is it?"
She scoffed. "No. It isnt"
I took a deep breath an asked a question that was burning through my brain ever since I heard his name.
"Who's Kaneki?" I asked. She rolled over and lay facing the ceiling.
"Kaneki was my boyfriend but like I explained how Ayato's friend Tskiyama tried to kill me...he's the one that helped me but a couple of days after it happened he told me I had too much baggage and that he needed to go away and think things over."
"Oh. When is he coming back then." I asked, feeling a bit jealous I mean Taiga was this cute, fun, bubbly girl, with looks to match her perfect personality and she's spoken for.
"He's been gone over a month. We're not together he can do one leaving me a couple days after a trauma because of 'baggage'" she said angrily.
"I've picked up that your quite hot headed"
"Yeah. I guess I am" she said cuddling back into me.
"So....what's yours and Hide's history?" I ask smiling. "I see the way he looks at you so I know there was something there"
"He use to be my boyfriend. Ermm ages ago after I saved his life, he started to have a crush on me. He then made me some food so being nice I ate it but being ghoul I had to throw it up so after he left I stuck my fingers down the back of my throat and was sick. I thought it was Hinami so I obviously didn't run around or anything, but it was Hide holding my hair back and then he knew I was a ghoul. He wasn't too bothered because he loved me and he trusted me...then I was attacked by some ghouls and he defended me and nearly got himself killed but he saw his friend, Kaneki turn into a ghoul so at the hospital when he woke up after I think..two weeks, he wasn't happy and hated Kaneki for lying so I tried to make it better and he said some nasty things, I lost my temper and ended it."
"Wow. Kaneki as your ex?"
"Yeahh"
"How did they know each other?"
"They were best friends since they were little"
"How did he no know Kaneki was a ghoul."
"Well...Kaneki was on a date with someone...my friend actually and they were both crushed under rubble...so they used her organs to keep Kaneki alive turning him into a ghoul."
"They can actually make ghouls?"
"Seems that way"
"Whoa. If my friend knew I was here he would kill me and all of you."
"Friend?"
"Yeah, Amon. He's an investigator."
"I know who he is."
"You do?"
"He killed my sister." I said moving away from Kaito. "Him and his stupid fucking boss...with my brother-in-laws kagune that they turned into one of those shitty weapons...in front of my niece"
"Taiga I am so sorry. I didn't know. I don't get along with him." I said standing up. She batted me away and walked off.

Taiga's POV
His friend killed my sister? Amon's friend is living in my house?! Under my roof. Then I thought, you don't paint a canvas with one brush? Just because Amon is a dick doesn't mean Kaito is too. But I was upset now and I was sitting on the window ledge. One leg inside one leg out.
"Taiga I'm sorry" he whispered. I turned my head and nodded, before looking back outside. I could hear him limp over and I realised he wasn't using his crutches.
"Where are your crutches?" I ask wiping my face.
"I need to walk on my leg so I can take you out to cheer you up" he walked over to me. "I can't take you out to eat but I can take you out to do something else. We can watch a movie or go to a shelter or something. My leg is just bruised it's not broken." He said standing on it. He winced a little bit but you could tell it didn't hurt him that much.
"We can go to the park. I like the fish." I said bluntly.
"The park It is." He smiled and held his hand out so I took it and he gently pulled me inside, closing the window.
We sat on the couch waiting for Hinami and Hide to get back but Hide rang me and said Hinami's favourite writer was at the bookstore signing books ad he was going to take her so me and Kaito decided to go to the park for something I guess you could consider...a date.