Chapter 54

I opened my eyes and I could see Touka and Ayato tied up to chairs. I tried to free myself but I was too weak.
"Where's Kaito?" I asked. "Where's Kaito!!" I screamed. I knew I had been injected with the RC inhibition fluid as I was weak but Ayato and Touka hadn't been injected. I knew Tskiyama and Akio were here, which means they have Kaito.
"Please give him back. I'll do anything." I shouted.
Akio appeared and walked down to where I was smiling as he was followed by Tskiyama that had Kaito draped over his shoulder.
They dropped Kaito on the floor. He looked up, all battered and bruised and still smiled at me.
"No! Please let him go. I'll do anything whatever you ask of me." I said trying to pull myself free.
"It's too late Taiga" he said smiling.
"No please!" I said trying to get out of the chair.
"Before you take my life I would like to have a moment with my girlfriend." Kaito said. Akio nodded and helped him up.
He limped over to me an smiled. "Taiga. You need to not worry about me. I'm probably going to die but it's okay. I've accepted that. When you get out of here I need you to promise me you'll move on. You don't have to right away but please don't be one of those girls that never moves on."
"Please. I'm not going to let you die" I said crying.
"Tell Kimi I'm sorry about our father. And that I shouldn't have left but leaving with you was the best decision I've ever made in my life...because I'm so madly head over heels for you." He gently kissed my forehead.
"Were going to get out of this together Kaito because...I'm head over heels for you. You're the foundation of my life I need you! I won't let you die" Tskiyama made his way over to Kaito.
"No!" I screamed. "Please no!" I pulled my arms out of the rope, given they were bloody because of how tight the ropes were tied around my wrists and how hard I pulled them out but I didn't care. I stood in front of Kaito, crying my eyes out.
"Please. I am begging you don't do this. Please" I shouted. "Akio look at me. If you ever genuinely loved me you will stop this...please"
"Stop this so you can be happy with another man? I don't think so."
"Please! Have you ever loved someone so much, you are willing to die for them."
"Yes. I felt that way about you, right before you left me to die"
"Please! Don't do this! You want me and Kaneki because Rize died! He's my Rize...so please dont"
"Actually Kaneki is your Rize...actually he is Rize."
"I'm sorry. Please don't do this" I begged shielding Kaito.
"Too little. Too late." Akio said smiling as Tskiyama grabbed me.
Akio grabbed Kaito and slammed him into the ground. I began screaming, trying to help him, but I was too weak.
Akio picked him up by his hair.
"Akio stop! You're killing him!!" I screamed.
"You see...I had to watch my friend being devoured...now you watch yours." He said. He closed his eyes and slowly moved towards Kaito. Before I knew it I was in front of him, and he just took a bit into me. He opened his eyes and wiped his mouth.
"Wow. You do taste sweet." He smiled. "Finally learnt how to fight that shit off then? Took you long enough."
"Leave...now" I said angrily gripping the bloody chunk missing from my shoulder.
"Or what" he said. He activated his kagune and stabbed Kaito. I watched a Kaito fell, almost slow motion onto the ground. Blood spewed out of his wound onto the ground.
"No!" I screamed. I flung myself onto Akio, causing him to be on the floor. "Taiga think about this" he whispered.
"You should've thought about hurting him first!" I shouted. I smiled at him. "Have fun in hell Akio" and ripped his head off, I threw his head at Tskiyama. "Get the fuck out of here now!" I shouted. He nodded and freed Touka and Ayato before walking out. I bent down to Kaito and began crying.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"Yeah. Thank you for everything Taiga. I love you."
"No. This isn't goodbye. Ayato help me please"
He nodded and picked Kaito up. We climbed out and he put Kaito on the ground. Amon was stood there but he hadn't seen us yet.
"He's friends with Amon. Go I've got this." I said crying.
"You sure?" Touka said.
"Yeah now go"
They both nodded and scurried off.
"Amon!" I shouted. "Amon!"
He saw me and smiled until he saw the blood all over me and then ran over.
"What happened?" He asked looking at his dying friend.
"Ghouls. They came out of nowhere ambushed us. He tried to protect me but they just ran off when they saw you."
He nodded and pulled his phone out ringing for an ambulance. "He's going to be okay. Just hang in there Kaito" he shouted.
"See you're going to be fine...please hang in there" I whispered.
Touka's POV
We ran bak to antieku and ran inside. I felt horrible for Taiga and until today, I didn't know she loved Kaito that much. Hinami, hide and Kaneki were all sat around the table.
"Where's the annoying couple?" Hinami asked, receiving a laugh off Kaneki.
"In hospital because Tskiyama tried to kill Kaito. Look Hinami I know you don't like the fact she picked Kaito but that's her choice. Now, she has nothing to stay here for. Just the memories of her family and boyfriend being killed."
"So she's probably going to leave again?" Kaneki asked.
"Yes! She loves him so much and he's probably going to die."
Hinami began crying. "I didn't mean for this to happen. I didn't want her to be with him but I didn't know he was going to die" she said crying.
"All we can do is wait for her to call or come back" I said sitting down. Kanekis face spoke a thousand words.
He was shocked and genuinely looked unhappy now. Everyone knows how much she loved him and now she might lose him. I think it's hit everyone that taiga has suffered too much trauma in this ward and would probably want I leave....I know I would. She loves Kaneki and she always will but this is the place her sister and love her life died.