Chapter 52

I pushed him away and began crying. "Why have you come back. Leave. Fuck off!" I shouted.
"I'm sorry for leaving. I heard you've moved on...which is good."
"That's all you can say to me? Which is good. Fuck you Kaneki!" I shouted.
"Take care now" he muttered.
"Excuse me?" I asked.
He looked up sadly. "Take care now"
"Take care now? Take care now! you up and vanish and that's what you have to say to me?"
"I'm sorry." He muttered.
"Too little too late. Now leave. Your good at leaving when people need you most."
"Your one to talk."
"I left to protect my family."
"I left for you."
"What?"
"I put you in too much danger. I was nasty to you. I left until you moved on so now I'm back."
"Maybe you should just leave again because yeah I love Kaito but he isn't you and he never will be."
"Take care now" he said looking up at me straight faced.
"Take care now What is that?"
"That is a sentence I came up with"
"Why?!"
"Because I can't say the sentence with three words that I have been itching to say. Because If I said them it would be cruel because I am no good for you. I'm saying take care now...I'm letting to go. Trying...trying so hard to let you go. I'm trying to make it right after what I've done, I'm just trying to make it right "
"What three words do you want to say?"
"I love you and I do Taiga I really do. I'm so in love with you but I'm not good. I keep putting you in danger and it's not worth it."
"Being with someone you love should be worth anything." I said, tears streaming down my face.
"Not worth them losing their life."
I shook my head and looked up. Kaneki on the verge of tears.
"Take care now..."I said crying,walking away. I walked into the café and Hide was there sat with Soharas body. I'll call the police and tell them about ghoul related crimes." He said standing up. I nodded and walked upstairs. Kaito was sat with Hinami. As soon as he saw me he ran over, hugging me.
"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded.
"I got blood on you...I'm sorry." I said smiling.
"Don't be stupid it's fine. Go get showered and changed. I'll find someone to get you some food an Hinami can make you some coffee yeah?" He said moving away. He gently wiped the tears off my face. "I'll go clean the Windows downstairs." He said standing up as walking away.

I was stood in the shower, letting the warm water run down my body. I was right, Kaito was no Kaneki, Kaneki was evil and yet, there was a piece of him that hadn't changed, although most of him was an emotionless sack of nothingness, there was a small piece of him, that when he was around me, made him feel emotions and I feel guilty knowing that that small shred of humanity is decreasing because of everything he continues to go through. He will always be that boy that saved me in my first day here...the boy that basically changed my life...that cute boy obsessed with books that walked around with an eye patch is gone. And it genuinely pains me to say that, but it's true. Kaneki may be stronger and he does try to be more heroic but he isn't the boy I fell in love with...not any more.
There was a small knock on the door. "Taiga. It's me. Can I come in." Kaneki said.
"No. Go away." I said resting my head on the wall.
"Please. I need to talk."
"I don't want to talk."
"Well then just listen. Kaito is good for you and I'm happy that you're happy but I'm unhappy that your happiness is because of another boy. Taiga I love you." He said walking in. I poked my head out the side of the shower curtain and covered my bare body with the towel near by. "If it's not too much to ask will you see me tonight?"
"No. I'm with Kaito Kaneki. What do you not get? I'm finally happy. He doesn't attract attention like you, or get himself nearly killed like Hide, he listens to me and treats me with the respect I deserve! He's done more for me in two weeks then you have in two years. The way you treated me was disgusting and I'm not going back. The door is there, use it." I said looking at the door.
"But taiga-"
"-but nothing. Now leave" i said, acting strong. He nodded and walked out closing the door gently.
"Don't cry." I heard Hinami say. "Please don't cry" she whispered. I put my hand over my mouth and quietly sobbed into it. I felt horrible but Kaito is good for me? I slowly got out of the shower and opened the door to see Kaneki on the floor being comforted by my niece.
"Taiga just go to your room" Hinami said looking mad. I sighed and walked into my room. I threw on some clothes and climbed out of my window. I didn't need dead flesh, I needed a live kill and now.