Chapter 40

Kaneki's POV
"Where is she?" Hinami asked sounding sad.
"I don't know but I'm going to look for her. I will find her quicker if I know you are definitely going to stay here"
"But I want to help, too"" she said looking up at me. I bent down to her level.
"Hinami-chan please stay here...there are dangerous people looking for you. Promise me you'll stay here....please"
"Okay. I promise" she said looking down. I nodded and ran out of the house.
"Taiga?!" I shouted. There was still no sign of her. "Taiga?!" I shouted again, running down the streets looking for her but still, she was no where to be seen.
"Kaneki!!!" I heard in the distance.
"Hide?"i said quietly to myself. "Hide!!" I shouted running towards where I heard him. I saw him, covered in blood which made my heart race. Obviously Hide was hurt so Taiga had helped him getting herself into trouble.
"No! Are you okay?" I asked running over.
"Taiga said you hated her for her befriending Rize and Jason and then getting Akio to want you dead. She went after him." He said out of breath.
"Yeah yeah I don't care right now...where are you hurt?" I ask looking at the blood.
He put his hand on my chin and lifted my face up to look at him.
"It's not my blood. It's Taiga's. She went looking for Akio to kill him so you'd calm down. She was going to give Jason the boot too but Akio killed him as well."
"Where is Taiga now?"
"Last time I saw her was five minutes ago near Anteiku fighting Tskiyama."
I nodded and ran and ran and ran as fast as I could to find her and when I heard a sadistic laugh. I ran to the laugh to see her...Taiga...my girlfriend...pinned up against the wall with a pipe straight through her. Blood dripping from her mouth...she looked dead. I ran over and ripped the pole out of her, throwing it on the ground and holding her in my arms.
"Wake up...please Taiga....please wake up" I said rocking her.
"Is she dead yet? I tell you this...she just wouldn't let go" Tskiyama said from behind me. "She was really pretty and she tastes great. Tres bien" he said from behind me. I gently put her body down and turned around.
"You did this?" I asked.
He looked scared...probably because Taiga was the only thing keeping my human side around...now that she's gone...I'm relentless.
I activated my kagune and that is when he froze completely.
"The last time you fought me...I was weak now, I know how use this well enough to kill you."
"Stop" something whispered from behind me. I instantly thought Taiga. I turned around and Touka was stood there. She saw the blood in the wall and all over Taiga and bent down.
"Did he do this?" She asked.
"Yes" I said darting my eyes back at him. She walked next to me and activated her kagune.
"we kill him together"
"She brought this on herself...leaving me to die on the street because I mentioned her brat of a niece."
"Don't talk about Hinami that way" Touka said.
"Touka. You haven't ever defeated me. Nor' will you ever defeat me. Before you go seeking revenge do your homework on who you want to punish because" he clicked his fingers and two ghouls appeared. "sometimes the criminal May just be more prepared then you." He smiled and just walked away....