Chapter 27

I'm sat in anteiku with everyone all smiling and drinking coffee. I guess because we have Jason as an ally now people have really calmed down, everyone but Kaneki. He seems to think Jason has a weird fascination with me...
"I didn't realise how feisty you were" Mr Uta said smiling.
"I think it's great what you did" Itori said elbowing my arm gently.
"I think it was stupid and reckless"
Everyone turned to face the café door to see kaneki leaning up against the door frame looking out into the empty dark street. "You could've been killed and for what? A bit of sweet sweet revenge and you didn't even achieve your goal. You went straight ahead and made him a friend." Kaneki said sounding disgusted.
"Look, it's good he's on our side. Maybe if we get enough people on our side we can get the CCG of our backs. Innocent ghouls like mum wouldn't be killed" Hinami said smiling.
"Your aunt loves nice, hot, fresh food straight from a walking talking human. don't you Taiga?" Kaneki said turning around. "Oh wait. Not only do you like the human flesh but you like ghouls too. We have a greedy cow in the gang"
I gasped, pretty much everyone in the room did to be honest.
"Kaneki." I said quietly looking at him.
"Oh so now you have nothing to say to me. Your alright to tell me you love me then take off with my best friend."
"Kaneki!" Touka shouted.
"You can shut it as well Touka"
"Hey! What's she done?" Mr Uta asked
"Nothing. Nothing except befriend a psycho along with the stupid bitch that made it all possible." kaneki said looking at me. "She's wanted now. Shes an s rated ghoul. She's a big threat. Why don't you just take off and stay away. Save us all pain and suffering."
"Leave her alone! You know you don't mean that. She was gone for two days and you were lost without her. Your feeling mad because she can look after herself without your input and your jealous because you think Jason has a crush on her. Everyone sat here knows you love Taiga so stop being so mean and go away. Come back when your ready to apologise to everyone, especially taiga!" Hinami shouted. I looked at her, feeling absolutely gob smacked. Kaneki smiled.
"Get your attitude from your aunt." He gives a sarcastic nod and storms off upstairs. I put my head into my hands and sigh.
"You okay?" Touka asks.
"Yeah. But he's right. I'm a cannibal. It disgusting I know and I will try my hardest to stop. Honestly" I said into my hands. I feel someone hug me so I look up. "Hide?" I ask confused.
"I'm glad your back but if you ever pull a stunt like that and leave me tied to a chair for two while hours I will have to give you a bit of Hide fury." He said holding on to me. I giggled, but honestly this made me think. I didn't want to be with Hide, he's too vulnerable but with Jason looking after him, maybe he's not vulnerable...I mean kaneki isn't there anymore. He left a long time ago and I know it's because of Jason but I made mistakes similar to that and if nobody have me another chance I don't know where i'd be?....

After a while of talking Hide decided to crash in my apartment but as you may already know, when I'm sad stressed or disappointed I tend to climb on to the roof and have some alone time. I walked over to Hide, fast asleep on my couch and planted a small kiss in his forehead. "Where you going?" He asked waking up.
I stop there awkwardly for a moment. "On the roof"
"Oh. I'll come with you."
"How do you plan on getting up there?"
"I may not be a ghoul but I know how to climb on to a roof. Why the roof anyway."
"The stars. I'll meet you up there" I whispered walking off. I opened the window and held one leg out of the window before putting my hands on the top of the window sil. I put my hands up to grab the roof and hauled myself up. I lay of the roof and watched as Hide came and sat next to me.
"What do the stars do?" He asked looking at me.
I turned my head a little bit, still lying down and smiled. "When I'm feeling angry or sad I just come up here and relax. The stars make me happy because after my dad died my mum took me and Ryo' on to our old roof and told us that he was one of the stars in the sky watching down in us. We never knew which one but that never mattered. She said shooting stars were the soul of a lost person, in desperate need of finding their family. I don't know why, but seeing so many stars in the sky make me smile, even though I know they're not souls they're just lumps of fiery rock, floating around in space. when I lost someone dear to me a couple of years ago, Ryo' helped me with the whole look at the stars thing"
"What do you mean? Who did you lose?"
"Erm I had a boyfriend when I was sixteen. And I thought he was the real deal. He found out our family had a tendancy to be cannibals or binge eaters and decided to pursuade me into doing it. It was like I was hooked on drugs. I couldn't stop, he was my partner in crime, then, he tried to take in someone a lot stronger then him and it backfired, he got killed right in front of me..."
Flashback...
I watched as Akio ran round the corner. I sighed and tied my hair up. "Wait!" I shouted. I ran after him and caught up very fast due to my Kagune. "Where are we going?" I asked.
He turned his head and stopped running. I stopped in front of him and smiled. His huge blue eyes and long brown hair were what drew me straight to him. "For something to eat. There's a group of ghouls down there." He said smiling. I smiled back and kissed him.
"Let's go" I said running off. I got to where the ghouls were and there was only one. And he was huge.
"What is it?" Akio asked.
"Let's just go" I said backing up.
"Don't be so afraid so what of he's big there's two of us and one of him." The ghoul turned around.
"What did you say?"
"Were cannibals and were rather hungry. Mind if we have a bite?" Akio asked smiling. He ran towards him and just like that, felt like my life was in slow motion. Blood splattered all over my clean clothes and all over my face. My eyes shot open in absolute horror as he was lunged into the air by this mans kagune. He landed on the floor next to me, covered in blood. He looked at me and mouthed help. I couldn't breathe at all. I knew I was next. I backed up straight into a wall. The man then cornered me. I looked straight at his face. "Cannibals shouldn't go for cannibals" he said. I screamed and managed to run off as fast as I could, obviously my kagune was an advantage at this point.
I burst through my door and slammed it shut. Hinami ran around the corner and called her mother. They both ran in and took care of me. My twelve year old niece and my sister looking after me.....
Flashback over....
"Wow, sounds serious" Hide said. I shook my head trying to shake off the memory.
"Yeah it was. But I just thought about myself and left his body. I had to be the one to explain to his mum that he was killed by another ghoul. She then committed suicide. I don't really know what happened to his brother but I haven't heard from him in a while."
"Whoa. That sounds awful. And you were so young."
"Yeah...I know" I said looking up at the stars. Someone landed on top of the roof. I sat up, instantly lunging myself over Hide.
"Ayato." I whispered.
"Yes. I'm not here for you. Where's my sister." He said angrily.
"You're not going anywhere near her."
"I thought you might say that. But I have a friend."
No? What? How is that even possible?!