Chapter 33

I got to the park and I could hear my friends a mile off. I slowly jogged over to Touka. "Hey." she said happily. She looked at me and the smile slowly disappeared. "Are you okay?" She asked noticing the fact I wasn't happy.
"Yeah. I'm fine" I said forcing a smile. I lied. I was worried about Akio an his group of 'bandits' after me and Kaneki. It seems like whenever any of us become happy some bastard had to come mess it up for us. I looked up and saw Kaneki laughing. He turned and began to look at me. He waved me over but I wasn't in the mood so I shook my head but when Hinami saw that kanekis attempt to get me to join them failed she began shouting me over. I couldn't say no to her so I stood up and pulled Touka up with me.
"What are you doing?" She asked confused.
"We're going to have some fun" I smiled.
"No not you. Him" she said. I let go of her arms and Ayato stood behind me with a bunch of flowers. I move next to Touka.
"Leave." I said viscously.
"I wanted to give you these. And apologise." He said handing me the bunch of flowers. I threw the flowers on the ground and looked up at him with anger boiling up inside.
"You think a bunch of cheap flowers and a shitty fucking apology will make me forgive everything you've done?"
"You forgave Jason for worse."
"Jason didn't use such materialistic things to try and patch up the ruined paths between us? He saved mine and Hides life. He knew he did wrong by Kaneki but his intentions were pure....ish"
"You think torturing a boy so he will become a beast is a 'pure intention'?"
"You think buying me flowers makes up for trying to kill me with your friend?"
"Taiga. I hate him too but he has a point" Touka said gently putting her hand on my arm.
Ayato bent down looking sad and picked the flowers up. He dusted it off a bit and held them out again. I didn't take them so he continued to hold them.
"I'm not saying that it would patch things up....I'm saying it's a start" he tucked his free hand into his pocket and went to walk off. Touka squeezed my arm so I turn to face her. She darted her eyes at her depressed looking brother, signalling me to stop him so I retrieved my arm and ran up to Ayato.
I grabbed his arm and pulled him around the corner. "I know something that will help patch 'us' up"
"What?" He asked trying not to smile.
"Akio has started off a small....group and sent them after me and Kaneki. Do you know anything about that?"
He smirked. "I know of it. Why?"
I pinned him up against the wall, although my height made this encounter look more like a joke as opposed to a threat.
"Tell me what you know?! This isnt a joke Ayato this is important!" I hissed.
"He wants you. And I don't blame him. He also wants kanekis blood. Akios love, Rize, keeps him alive and that pisses him off. Kaneki gets you and Rize and in his eyes, that isn't fair. I'm sure he'd reason with you if you were willing to go with him."
"Reason with me?"
"Yes. If you were to go with him he wouldn't have any need to kill Kaneki, because then he has you and kaneki had Rize. But you going won't go down well with anyone your close to. For example everyone on this park, including me, will not let you go easily."
I move away from him and smile. I snatch the flowers and smell them.
"They're lovely...thank you" I looked up at yet it seemed as though he wanted something else. "Is there something else you wanted?" I ask hugging the flowers.
"Yes. A date if I may be so lucky as to take you out?..."
"Are you serious?" I ask astonished by his lack of rationality.
"I'm being deadly serious. I want to take you out. Hopefully repairing the bridges I burnt between us fully."
I look down at the flowers. "I suppose you could swing by the café at about 8. Gives me time to dye my hair and get ready."
"Changing your hair again?" He asked smiling.
"Yes. This colour was a past life. I feel as thought I need to start fresh." I budged past him an walked away towards my friends in the park.

It was now 8 o'clock an I'm sat down stairs with Touka, Hide and Kaneki.
"Just find out as much about Akios gang as you can" Kaneki said obviously not very happy about the fact I was going out on a date with someone he despised. I stood up and dusted myself off.
"Yes. I know. I will. If I need help I will call you or come here. I will be fine stop worrying. It's too soon for Akio to attack he would want it to be a spontaneous visit, not an expected one." I kissed him on the head followed by Touka then Hide. I walked out of the café only to bump into Ayato.
"Hey. You ready?" He asked with that same possessive smirk he always had plastered on his face.
"Yes. What's in tonight's.....agenda then?" I asked pulling down on my beanie.
"A meal. But it's not a fancy meal which is good because you don't look right for a fancy meal"
"I'm dressed like this so you know that this date isn't going to end up with me kissing you. I'm going in this date to speak of certain terms involving Touka-chan and Akio"
"My sister and that idiot? Now why would I spend my own time with someone as beautiful as you talking about those two inadequate imbeciles."
"Wow. That's a really horrible thing to say about someone you class as family and someone who's supposed to be your best friend."
"We're not best friends. We were just acquaintances. When he found out that I knew you and you were quite close with my sister his interest grew. When he found out that I knew Kaneki, his interest grew again and all of a sudden we were 'best friends'. He's a moron that has been blinded by your beauty. He's not the only one that has been tainted by your bewitching good looks."
"I'm sure in that 'statement' there is a compliment so thank you." I said walking alongside him.
"Scrap out previous plans for tonight...I would like I introduce you to my friends..." He grabbed my arm and pulled me into a third rate sleazy bar, over to a group of inferior ghouls. Behind the wall of hunky ghouls say a scrawny looking boy with green hair. He had glasses acting as windows for the two red features he called eyes. He I felt most comfortable being around so I smiled a soon as I made eye contact with him and went and sat down next to him.
"Hi." I said smiling.
"Satoshi" he said holding his hand out.
I took his hand and shook it. "Taiga."
His eyes widened. "Taiga?! The taiga?" He said.
"Seems like my reputation is larger then I anticipated." I said slowly pulling my hand away smiling.
"Yes. I was friends with Akio. He told me about you and his lover....erm I don't remember her name...rizzle or something."
"Rize." I corrected him awkwardly.
"Yes! Her. He thought he was so good because he had a taste of both of you."
"So by any chance, do you know about his little group?"
"Yes. I do. He asked me to join him...to take you. I refused."
"Why?"
"He told me what he wanted you for and that you had a family and if it came to it...kill them. You have a niece. 14?"
"No. 15 now."
"But she's young?...is she not?"
"Yes. He really wouldn't get any way close to her. I'm too strong for him. The love I have and the need to protect her is like a burning fire in my soul." I look at Satoshi and smile weakly.
"She watched her mother die so I made it my life's wish to keep her safe. She's had a hard life but I'm going to make it better and if Akio thinks he's getting anywhere near her he's got another thing coming."
Satoshis face dropped and he slowly leaned in towards me.
"Ayato is working alongside Akio. This date was a mere distraction. Say you are to use the bathroom and go save your niece. Akio is there after your friend Kaneki but he will not be careful if she gets in his way." He moved away and nodded. I stood up in shock an thanked him silently. I walked past Ayato so he grabbed my arm.
"Where are you going?" He asked looking up at me. I sent him a warm smile.
"I need the toilet. Give me a minute I'll be right back" I said giggling and pulling my arm back. I walked into the women's bathroom and found a window. It was high up but was my only way out so I pulled myself up and broke the window with my foot and then pulled myself out and ran as fast as I could towards the café. I ran inside an Hinami was at at the table with Kaneki and Touka playing a game all laughing and having fun.
"Everything okay Taiga?" Touka asked smiling. I ran over and hugged Hinami.
"Yes. I'm fine." I said smiling.

Hinami was now in bed with Hide by her side, whilst I sat down with Touka and Kaneki discussing what happened on my date.
"So...Ayato was lying again." Kaneki asked.
"Yes but aren't you the least bit worried that you could be hurt. His group want blood. Yours to be precise."
"Taiga. It's not the first time people have wanted my blood and it certainly won't be the last. I'm more worried about Hinami."
Touka stood up. "I'm going to check on her. I'll be right back" she said walking away.
I looked at Kaneki and sighed. "Seems like you changed" I said looking up.
"That is what you wanted?"
"Yes. But now I'm in a sort of predicament"
"What do you mean?"
"Hide loves me just as much as you and yet both of you have won my heart. I'm confused as to who I like more."
Kaneki nodded. "I know I've treated you like shit but that's why I've changed and soon enough you'll see through my mistakes." He stood up and walked towards my placing a small gentle kiss on my forehead and tucked my bangs behind my ears. "I must be on my way home now. It's getting late. Work in the morning, so I'll see you then." He smiled and walked away. I touched the place on my forehead where Kaneki kissed it and smiled. I walked over the the café door an locked it.
"Thank you Taiga."
I turned around and Mr Yoshimura stood there and smiled. "Your welcome. I'll be up bright and early for my shift tomorrow" I said smiling.
"Oh an Taiga...don't worry yourself of Akio. He's mostly words. I don't like that you've recruited Jason but he will protect you so don't be alarmed." He rubbed the top of my head. "Such a small girl with such a large amount of passion and strength. Such should not be used lightly." He smiled. "Goodnight Taiga" he walked of. I turned the lights off and smiled, slowly walking upstairs to my small apartment.