Chapter 5

I put on a short black skirt with some black knee socks and a black vest with my red sneakers. I didn't look like I was going on a date and It didn't feel like it. I did however feel like I signed my own death certificate.
I brush my long curly hair that goes just past my bum. I smile and play with it for a while but then I get bored so I drench myself in perfume so I won't taste very nice. I'm contemplating rubbing human food all over me so if he tries to eat me, at least I taste foul. Kaneki then walks in. "You ready, he should be here any minute?" He says holding out a long black coat. I stand up and take the coat. He holds out a pair of black heels. "You need to dress to impress." He says.
"I need to be able to speed off if he tried to kill me" I say sarcastically.
He agrees and drops the heels. I run down stairs just as Tsukiyama walks in. "Good timing." he nods. I practically run out of the cafe leading him away from kaneki and touka.
"Where are we going?" I ask nervously.
"I'm taking you to a pic nic"
"A flesh and coffee pic nic?" I say trying not to laugh.
"I thought it would be romantic. And then you may trust that I'm not going to take you to my gourmet resturaunt."
"I can't believe you do that. It's disgusting" I say looking at my feet.
I feel a sharp pain as I'm launched against a tree. I growl and feel my eyes turn. "Don't talk about the way I eat." He says dusting himself off. It's too late to go back and my kagune has been activated.
"That's not how you treat a girl you're on a date with." I say defensively.
"Oh put that away. I have issues with people talking about the way I eat."
I shake it off and walk back to him.
"You're natural eyes are nicer anyway. try not to go ghoul on me again." he says dusting me off. He sets out a blanket and we sit on it. He them pulls out food.
"Suicide victim for you. Morning murder for me"
"How did you know I only eat suicide victims?"
"I can tell. Eating flesh off someone who's not wanting to die gives off a little twinkle in ones eye. Your eyes don't have that twinkle." he begins tucking in to his dinner.
"I'm sorry but I can't do this." I stood up.
"Do you know how much effort I put in to finding a suicide victim on such short notice." He said, looking very offended.
"We can't have a dead people pic nic it's gross!"
He then stood up, now towering over me.
"What do you suppose we do then?" he asks.
"I don't know something fun and rebellious."
"You know rize?"
"The purple haired binge eater?Yes."
"Well let's have a go at getting some fresh meat. She said it was fun. And we have all night to loose."
Why did this mans words have such a persuading effect on me. The thought of flesh made my mouth water. I could feel myself turning ghoul. I lick my lips. "Where's the flesh at?"
I look up at Tsukiyama who is awfully fascinated. "Follow me" he says licking his lips as his eyes shifted.
I lay looking up at the sky on a roof of a building. Tsukiyama didn't eat, at all he just watched as I did. I was covered head to toe in blood. I didn't feel guilty, just yet. I sit up and using one of the victims dry piece of clothing I wipe the blood off my face. "Dates with me aren't that bad are they?" he asked smiling. "I say next time we go after the one eyed ghoul"
"No!" I said looking at him shocked.
"I'm not a cannibal" I said trying to lead him off the fact Kaneki is a good friend of mine.
"Is that so? Lucky for you he's not ghoul."
I'm now trying to think of excuses. Tsukiyama sits up abruptly and smiles.
"Make like a tree and branch." he said running away. I sat up and realised the inspectors are here and he just left me. I sat there panicking. I looked around and jumped from roof to roof trying to get away until I fell straight through a roof and impailed myself. I tried to get myself off this pole thing that went straight though me but I couldn't. I could hear the inspectors shouting which made me even more scared. I've just eaten so they'll kill me without blinking. I just accept my fate and stop moving. I lie there, in pain, scared of what they're going to do to me. I can feel someone pull me off the pole. I can't make out who it is but it's definitely not Tsukiyama.
I begin to regain vision and realise it's touka. "I saw what you did tonight." she said looking straight ahead. I look at my wound and it has healed so she puts me down. "He has this compelling trait. I fell for it a lot too. But binge eating? I won't tell anyone just don't do it again." She says bluntly.
"He wants to kill kaneki!" I say worriedly
"What?" She asks standing still.
"The one eyed ghoul is next on his menu. The one eyed ghoul is kaneki."
"If that filthy perverted asshole touches kaneki I will kill him!"
"You and me both touka."
I stood and took a deep breath in through my nose in the middle of the street. "You smell that?" I ask.
"Smell the blood. Yes I do now come on." she says pulling me. I rip my arm away an follow the smell. There is a ghoul hunched over a freshly killed human. "This is mine back off!" he hisses. Touka pulls at my arm. "No. You've eaten enough innocents for one day!" she shouts offensively. I come to my senses an realise what I'm doing.
"Oh no. What have I done?" I ask falling to my knees.
She gets next to me. "I don't know what it is, but kaneki seems to be head over heels for you and he's my friend so I'm willing to help you."
She helps me up and walks with me back to anteiku. Before we go in she looks at me. "You're covered in blood" she says pulling me to the side of the cafe where there is a hose and she rinses me off so I no longer have blood all over me. She takes the big coat off me and carries it inside trying not to get water everywhere until we get to my apartment. She throws the wet coat on the floor and walks out closing the door behind her. I walk over to the couch and kaneki is asleep. I smile and sit on him with all my wet clothes. He begins waking up. "Taiga." he says angrily. I get off him and smile cheekily. "It's only water." I say running and grabbing a big towel from the cupboard. I wrap it around me smiling.
"How was it?" He asks stretching.

"It was ok." I say trying to avoid the fact I've killed a bunch of innocent people.
"Just ok? I would have thought he tried something spontaneous knowing him."
I dried my hair slowly looking at kaneki as he stood up and made his way over to me. "Would you like a coffee?" He asks.
"Actually no thank you. I'm going to go to sleep for a bit so I'm ready for work. Are you working tomorrow?"
"Yeah. Hide will probably still come in to see us all though."
I smile because it's true and nod.
"Well I'm going to have a quick shower and hop into bed. Feel free to stay here for a bit. Thanks for looking after Hinami whilst I was out." I said walking into the bathroom.
I sat down in the shower feeling guilty, trying to let the water wash away the guilt but it wasn't working. I just kept thinking of how I came across to these people. I'm a monster. there was a knock at the door. "Taiga? You've been in there a while. What's wrong?" Touka asked. I ignored her. She threw a towel at me. "put it around you I'm coming in." I stood up and put the towel around me. "Look you made a mistake you won't do this again."
"Touka. When my parents died, that's when I realised my true nature as a ghoul. I was a binge eater. Ryo' got me out of it but now. Now she's dead and I have nobody but Hinami and she can't help." I said sitting down again. Despite getting wet, touka turned the shower off and sat with me.
"I don't think what you did was right but I've killed people before. You need to stay strong for Hinami. That girl needs you more then anything and if you don't realise that then you don't deserve her!" Touka stood up and helped me up. "Now get dressed and get to bed." she said walking out.
Tough love, maybe that's all I needed. I hoped so. I don't feel like I need anything else.