Chapter 39

I walk to the café and as I get closer I can hear shouting and realise it's Ayato and Touka. I run into the café to see them arguing. The café has been absolutely trashed but Nishiki is stood there too. "What's happened?!" I asked looking scared.
"Been a long time Taiga." He nodded.
"Hello Nishiki." I look at Ayato and Touka.
"Akio was here looking for you. He just left. Why the fuck aren't you hiding?!" She shouted.
"Kaneki is pissed. We had an argument so I'm putting an end to him once and for all" I said walking out of the café.
"Taiga" Someone said. I knew exactly who it was.
I turn around and take a few steps back to see Satoshi on the roof with Akio, and a couple of other people.
"Why can't you leave me the fuck alone Akio?! I don't understand?" I shout.
Someone jumps behind me so I turn around. Tskiyama.
"Well...I can see Akio roped you in too." I said shaking my head.
"He made a very convincing offer."
"And what was that?"
"The apparent rumour about Akio wanting Kaneki dead is only half true. It would be a lot easier to kill you and seeing as though he can't do it he asked me to come. This way I get a nice meal too."
I felt someone grab me from behind and it was Satoshi. Akio appeared in front of my an plunged the RC inhibition fluid into me. I let out a scream of pain and Satoshi threw me in the floor.
"How did you get that?" I asked. He clicked his fingers and a head landed in front of me.
I began screaming and screaming so Touka, Ayato an Nishiki run out.
"Jason?" Ayato whispers. I silently cry but there isn't much time for that as Tskiyama pulls me up by the roots of my hair.
"Any of you move and I kill her" he shouts. Touka and Ayato look horrified but I know Nishiki just wants this tosser dead whether I die or not and to be honest, if Hinami is in safe hands I would die a thousand times over for all of these arseholes to die. I look at him nervously and nod so he slowly steps over to Satoshi and just like that...breaks his neck. I crack a nervous smile and wait for what is about to happen.
I feel a sharp pain through my abdomen. I look down and shake my head. "Kitchen knife" I sigh. He rips it out and Touka grabs Nishiki.
"Stop it!" She shouts at him.
"Touka right?" Akio asks walking over to me. He holds his hand out and is handed the knife.
"Funny that now her ghoulish abilities have now been suppressed I can do this" he then plunges the knife into me again. I scream out in agony.
"Yes! Just please just stop hurting her" Touka begged.
"Would you prefer I kill her quick?" He asked.
"No! Don't kill her at all" she shouted. Ayato had her held back. I could feel myself slipping away....and my eyes shut. I could hear Touka shouting but I realised the fluid had worn off. My eyes shot open and I kicked Tskiyama off me, due to my fast moving kagune I kicked him fast causing him to let go of me. I looked at Touka but Akio stabbed me with the needle again.
"Silly girl. Stay down" he said plunging his kagune through my leg and into the ground so I couldn't move. I cried out in agony and Touka cried out. "Taiga" she said quietly.
I looked up at Akio and tapped his leg.
"You want either me or Kaneki. Have me. Don't kill either of us" I said.
"No. I want one of you dead" he moved his sword like kagune around in my leg.
"Akio stop hurting her and just kill her already" Ayato said holding Touka.
"Okay" he ripped his Kagune out of my leg and just as he went to strike a flash of multi colours took the blade. I realised it was Touka. Nishiki ran over and picked me up.
"I'll get her" Ayato shouted. "help Touka" he said taking me from Nishikis arms. Ayato ran off with me and as he did we ran into Hide. His face dropped.
"What the hell happened" he asked dropping all of his shopping on the ground and running over to me.
"Take her someplace safe until she heals" Ayato said handing me over. Hide took me and Ayato sped off.
"Why do you always do this to yourself." He asked trying not to shed a tear.
"Do what?" I asked looking at my leg.
"Get yourself hurt?"
"I was doing it for Kaneki. He hates me because I was friends with Rize and Jason. They're both dead now anyway." I said sobbing.
"Jason's dead?"
"Akio killed him and now Akio is probably going to kill Touka and-"
"Hello again" Tskiyama interrupted. I jumped out of Hides arms and pushed him away flinging myself on to Tskiyama.
"Run to Kaneki now! Get help" I shouted. He nodded and ran off.
He grabbed me and threw me against the wall.
"Yay. Now he gets to watch you die" he said smiling. I tried to sit up but I was too weak. He walked over and picked me up.
"The new hair looks good on you. It's a shame you have to die because you are really pretty and you're powerful too." He threw me at the wall again and I just wasn't healing. He walked over to the bin and picked some old dirty pipe out of it and plunged it into me. Blood started spewing out of my mouth.
"Akio won't be happy If I die" I croak.
"Actually he just wants you to suffer. He won't mind if you die or not to be honest. As long as you were in agony before you died" he smiled and pulled the pipe out before plunging it back in.
"Good bye Taiga"