Chapter 63

Right there is a wattys thing and this story has been entered so guys please vote on Tokyoghoul_wattys it starts on February the 1st and it means a lot and thanks for reading ^_^

I was ready for the ball but Ayato was meeting me there so Raiden offered to pick me up.
I was wearing a ruffled puffy white skirt dress with a sweet heart neck line an sleeves, but the shoulders were cut out. My hair was straightened today so it was longer then usual. My make up had been tastefully done, it was very subtle.
There was a knock at the door so I walked towards it. Raiden looked star struck. "Wow Taiga on such short notice where did you find a dress that nice"
"All me." Itori shouted from my bedroom.
"Yeah actually your sister has been a great help tonight getting me ready and stuff" I said smiling. We stood there awkwardly for a moment before Raiden said we should get going. I nodded and go into his car. When we got to the ball, we could tell it was going to be a crowded event but thankfully due to Ayao being there already, he had up mine an Raiden's names on the list so we didn't have to queue up.
We got straight inside but there was no sight of Ayato anywhere.
"Would you like a drink?" Raiden asked holding out a small champagne flute. I smiled.
"Yes please" I said holding the glass out whilst he filled it with water, being a ghoul, I don't drink much alcohol.
A slow song came on and people paired up and began dancing. I sat on a chair and sat there looking bored.
"Hey come on" he said holding his hand out.
"What?" I asked looking up at him.
"There's no reason why you can't dance with me, you're not with Ayato yet" he said smiling. I took his hand cautiously whilst he ripped me from my chair and spun me around.
"Didn't know you dance" I said smiling.
"Didn't know you don't" he countered.
I put one hand on his shoulder and the other in his hand whilst his other hand was on my waist.
"Hey let's get noticed" he said quietly.
"Wait no" I said. He didn't listen and began spinning me around and doing all these professional looking dance moves with me. And it did catch everyone's attention, especially when the song ended and he's holding me up.
"The song is finished and everyone's watching" I said looking down.
"Let them watch. They're probably just waiting for a kiss."
"They'll be waiting a very long time then" I said smiling.
He slowly put me down and bowed. The crowd began clapping so I curtseyed. He grabbed my hand and led me to where a boy, stood there in a black suit and tie to match the small bits of blue on my dress.
"Thank you for taking care of her" Ayato said nodding at Raiden.
"Anytime. I'll go find my date now" he smiled and walked off.
Ayato smiled. "Seems like you two are getting pretty close"
"Yeah. We are. We just click. I can see him being my best friend." I said smiling. I looked at Ayato and sighed. "There's no need to look like that he's a good dancer but probably not as good as my boyfriend." I said raising an eyebrow.
"Boyfriend hey?" He said smiling. "I have something for you." He said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs and outside on to the balcony.
"Wow. The view" I said walking over to the edge.
"I have a pretty good view too" he said smiling.
I looked at him and sighed. "That's cheesy. Good, but cheesy" I said winking. I sat on the balcony railing with one leg on the balcony and the other dangling 4 stories high.
"Taiga that's dangerous, move"
"Well you tried to throw me from higher...remember" I said looking out into the distance. Ayato didn't move or say anything so I knew I hit a soft spot. I turned around and swung my leg back into the balcony.
"That was a cheap shot I'm sorry" I said walking over to him.
"I didn't even know what I was doing. I remember wanting you dead but I don't know why."
"It's alright. A lot of people do that to me. But seriously, I meant it as a joke I never meant it as a dig so I am genuinely sorry"
"You shouldn't be apologising. I'm the one in the wrong."
"No!! You were but you're not anymore. Trust me Ayato I wouldn't be stood here right now if I thought you still wanted me dead."
he put his hand on the side of my face.
"You're right.." He said before leaning in to kiss me.
"Oh you're there" someone said, stopping us from even touching lips. Ayato groaned and we both turned to face who had interrupted up.
"Kaneki?" He said confused. "It better be important"
"Yeah sorry I know im disturbing your time with whoever she is but there are 20 investigators near the shopping centre all lower levels. We can get them all right now." He said not taking his eyes off me.
Ayato turned to face me. "I can stay."
"No. You have a duty. I'll just find Raiden and stay with him for a bit" I put my hand on his chest an walked away, slowly, letting my hand brush off his body as I walked. I locked eyes with Kaneki which sent chills down my spine, but not bad chills. I guess it's been a while since I've seen him look at me like that.
He put his hand out so I thought he was planning on shaking my hand so I took his hand, but instead of shaking my hand, he kissed it.
"You are a very beautiful girl." He said smiling. "I'm Kaneki."
"I know. We met the other day. I'm Hana. His friends sister" I said pulling my hand away.
"Wow. The things a mask and a wig can change." He said straight faced. "Sorry to steal your boyfriend away from you, but duty calls."
I nodded. "You two have a lovely bromance. Enjoy your night" I said before walking off, obviously slightly pissed off at the fact Kaneki just stole my date.