Chapter 106

I got home with Annoura after school to find Raiden wasn't here, but there was a note.

'Taiga, I'm so sorry to tell you this on a flimsy piece of paper, it doesn't really show how heartfelt this was intended...well I guess it'll have to do. I love you and watching you live happily is amazing but it kills me that I'm not the reason for that. I can't take it anymore...I know it's pathetic and just reading this as I write, I'm starting to realise how stupid it is but I can't bare to watch you love someone else...it hurts. I will check in on you from time to time but you won't know where I am or if I'm watching out for you. It's for the best.'
I shook my head at the note. "Are you taking the piss." I said quietly. I held the note out and Ann read it.
"What an ass. Why the fuck has he just left us" she said confused.
"Because he's selfish. He's looking out for himself." I snatched the piece of paper and grabbed a lighter. I walked outside and smiled. "I hope you're watching Raiden. This is what I think of you and your letter" I sparked the lighter and set the paper on fire. I let go when the paper was just ashes blowing away. I walked inside and slammed the door.
"Hana?" Someone shouted from outside.
I looked out and it was Ayumi. She waved and indicated the small flakes of snow now falling gently from the sky. I opened the door, letting her in.
"Where's Raiden?" She said confused.
"He's gone. He left whilst we were all at school"
"You're kidding...right?"
"Nope. Go and look for yourself. His rooms cleaned out."
She shook her head in disbelief. "Why would he do that?"
"Because he's an ass" ann spoke up. "You two are getting so upset over a guy. Come on girls..face it. Boys always end up leaving...it's what they do. You may as well take advice from me...build up walls so thick that they can't be broken, and so tall they can't be climbed over and you'll be fine. No gates or anything so then you can't be destroyed from the inside out. Lock up your heart and throw the key away." She looked at me softly. "That means Kaneki too"
"I'm not breaking up with him because you think he's going to break me?"
"I don't think he's gonna break you I know he will."
"He's not like that. If anything I'll break him."
"No. Look, you've been here for nearly a month and he hasn't visited at all. I don't know why you broke up with Ayato."
"Because he was a dick"
"But he's visited you 3 times now and he's moving here soon"
"That's because...."
"...cat got your tongue" she said raising her eyebrow. "Look, I'm always right it just takes time" she said before disappearing into her room. I looked at Ayumi and shook my head. "Kaneki just has a lot on his plate. Eventually he'll visit"
I slouched down on my couch and turned the tv on. It said doves were moving in on the 20th ward. Hinami and Touka and Kaneki and hide and well, everyone from Antieku are in danger. "Wow the 20th ward...shit place to live. Feel sorry for everyone there. Hey I swear you lived there" Ayumi said confused.
"I did" I said in shock, starring at the tv.
I could hear someone running over. "Time to go." Annoura said pushing Ayumi out.
"Hey it's cold!" She shouted.
"You'll warm up" she slammed the door and walked over.
"I have to help them" I said standing up.
"Don't" Annoura said grabbing me.
"Hinami's there, I have to"
"You don't have to do anything" someone said. I flinched up and saw Ayato.
"You're just going to stand here whilst Touka will potentially be killed?"
"I've already heard from Raiden Yomo had her and Hinami safe."
"You heard from Raiden? Where is he?"
"With Uta and Itori."
"What about Mr. Yoshimaura"
"He has back up. Fighting against the CCG"
"No. We have to help. I'm going." I said pushing past Ayato.
"Don't be so stupid Taiga you can't go"
"Don't be stupid? Those are our friends you're leaving there Ayato?"
"Calm down?"
"Don't tell me to calm down. Your sister is there and not here with you. You're being selfish!!" I shouted.
"And you're being childish and stupid. They will be fine sit down"
"I'm going and you two can either come or stay"
Annoura smiled an stood up. "Well I'm not staying" she ran over.
"Please don't do this" he pleaded.
"You're a joke. They are my friends."
"Please...do it for me."
"You're not my boyfriend anymore" I shook my head and ran off with Ann.