Chapter 120

I walk out of the bathroom and into my bedroom in my bath robe to see Ayato sitting there. I sigh and sit next to him.
"Hey." I say smiling a little bit.
"Oh hey. Here" he said handing me a small present.
"You didn't have to buy me anything."
"Actually I bought it a long time ago and I gave it to you already." He said pointing at the present. I unwrapped it and smiled at the certificate in the picture frame with Anteiku carved in to it.
"I had the picture frame done today." He said smiling.
"Ayato it's beautiful." I said.
"Oh and, we got you this. Itori saved it from the fire."
He handed me a charred wooden picture frame. It was the staff photo from Anteiku. Mr. Yoshimuara, Irimi, Koma, nishiki, Kaneki, Touka, Hinami, hide and me. I hugged the photo and cried.
"Oh my god." I said sadly. I wiped my face and pulled the two pictures off the wall before hanging the two frames Ayato got me, up. I took a step back before straightening them up and smiling. I wiped my face again an sighed. "I just think that Kanekis and my relationship is over. He left me in a road filled with ccg. I don't for one minute dispute that he was upset but so was I."
"Hide to him was Hinami to you. He's not upset, he's distraught. There's nothing that id love more then to hear you're not with him so maybe we can give us a shot again, but he loves you, he's just in shock I mean the guy lost the last remaining family member he had. Leave him to grieve and he'll be back soon."
"And what if he's not?"
"Then he's the most idiotic guy in the world." He pulled me close and hugged me. He rubbed my back and moved away.
"Can you remember when we first met?" He said smiling.
"Like it was yesterday" I walked over to my new four post bed and lent up against one of the posts. "I remember how much I hated you. I wanted to rip you apart limb from limb but I don't know why I came to like you so much"
he scoffed. "I know. I did hang you out of a high building in an attempt to kill you"
"All because I wouldn't kiss you. Then I became your girlfriend."
"Well If I knew we'd flee to protect your family because your savage ex killed the love of your life, then fall in love ourselves, I probably wouldn't have done that."
"Ah. Kaito was the love of my life. He's not anymore. I can say I hate him all I want but.....kaneki is my soul mate."
"I can remember when i walked in on you and kaito."
I laughed. "I know. That was awkward." I said pressing my face against the post as I wrapped my arms around it. "He was so brave. He broke his leg but just to make me happy, carried me on his back for ages. They boy knew how to make me happy and I got him killed. I just remember standing in the hall knowing he was about to be taken from me, knowing my world would fall apart, and yet, I still managed to convince myself that he might have a chance. It's when that alarm stopped and the woman called it. 11:55." I moved away from the pole and sighed. "After that I knew id want the people that killed him dead, but to stop me or to punish me they'd hurt Hinami so I had to leave everyone at anteiku.....I had to leave her. I didn't want to but if I didn't I never would have met Raiden or Annoura and I wouldn't lose either of them for the world."
"How are you feeling about Hide?"
"Hide. I erm I guess I feel shocked. I feel like any minute he's just gonna walk around the corner like 'hey taiga' with that huge smile on his face. I'm trying not to get upset but he's been in my life for ages. I loved him. I remember saving him from that stupid ghoul restaurant and carrying him for hours. He was so shocked yet so great full for what I did for him. He was so kind to me even when I was a bitch to him. He was amazing and he just didn't deserve the fate that he was given. It was a harsh fate. I wish that I could bring him back or even swap places but I guess I can't. I just miss his positive annoying attitude and the way that he Coul smile even when he was dying inside. He was so upbeat about everything and even when he was dying still tried to make me smile. Just so I could save more people he didn't tell me. He knew if I knew that he was hurt and possibly fatal, I wouldn't leave him and he obviously thought what's one life to all the people I could save and I did save more then one person. He was just annoyingly happy."
We both giggled before standing there silently until someone ran up the stairs.
"I have some good news." Raiden said running in.
"Well it better be good....we were just having a nice chat." Ayato said winking.
"What is it?" I asked as my heart skipped a heat with nerves and excitement. He looked at me and smiled. I knew then, exactly what it was so I ran and ran as fast as I could to the front door when there they stood. Covered in dirt and sadness. I put my hand over my mouth an sobbed quietly into it whilst they did the same.
"You're okay" I said quietly.
"So are you" they said back as they dropped whatever they were holding and ran straight over to me, hugging me, not letting go. Holding me so tight, as if the world depended on it. I've let them go so many times and I'll be damned if it happens again.