Chapter 128

Raiden threw my coat at me and pulled me out of the house.
"What the hell are you doing?"
"Were going out now" he said continuing to drag me along.
"No! What the hell is going off"
"Takasu and aoi are liars. They're here to kill you. They don't like you. They're trying to become your friend"
"What? It's my birthday raiden. Please, enough with the conspiracies. I just want to chill out with my family and friends and enjoy the day, please."
"The reason akio hired them was to get close to you then tear everything you love away! Think about what they've been telling you. It's all lies. Please you have to believe me. "
"Well I don't. Where is your proof? Oh you don't have any."
"I do" he said quietly. "Tskiyama is working with them like he did when Akio killed kaito. I overheard them talking about it in Aois bedroom earlier. You need to get rid of them."
"What do you expect me to do? Kick them out?"
"Yes! "
"What were they saying?"
"They said nows the time to kill her. She's gotten so wrapped up in her life that she won't even see the attack coming."
"That could be about anyone."
"Taiga!" Someone screamed. I turned around and Hinami ran over covered in blood.
"What is it? What's wrong?" I asked running over to her.
"Annoura's going mental!" She cried. Ayato and touka ran out after Hinami.
"It's not her blood. It's Takasu's." Touka said grabbing Hinami.
"Look after her." I said running in.
I watched as Daiki held Aoi back whilst Ann began to tear Takasu inside out.
I rugby tackled her away from him and climbed on top of her.
"You won't like me when I'm angry Taiga! Get off!" She screamed.
"I think you'll find it's the other way around. What is going on."
"Taiga she's been out to get you this entire time! Look at her! She's psycho! Please help Takasu. " he begged.
"Is he telling the truth?" I asked scared.
"Yes." She smiled. she stood up and went to bite me when I kicked the back of her leg, sending her back down to the ground and reaching inside her chest, ripping out her heart. "It's sorta my signature move" I said looking at Daiki.
"Taiga you have to understand I never wanted any part in this! She told me if I didn't help get she'd kill eiji." He let go of Aoi and aoi fell down at his best friends side. I squoze her heart in my hand, having it explode all over me .
"That's how easy it'd be for me to squeeze your head. Leave"
"I care about you! I do but I care about him more. You have to understand."
"And I do. He was your hide but she was my friend. I trusted her." I said resisting the urge to lick my hands.
"Taiga please-"
"Leave!" I screamed. He nodded and ran out. I got down next to Takasu and sighed.
"He's dead isn't he?" I asked sadly. Aoi nodded, keeping a distance from his bloody best friend.
I got next to Takasu and began hugging him.
"Taiga." He whispered.
"No. I'm just having a cuddle."
"That isn't healthy." He said sobbing.
"Neither is being tortured nearly to death or watching your boyfriend carry your best friends body down the street to a hive of ccg investigators or binge eating, or cannibalism, or leaving your entire family and never coming back then hearing your sister was struck down in front of her thirteen year old daughter and not being able to say good bye at a funeral or anything because they took apart her body to make a stupid fucking weapon to kill her kind off with. Nothing about my pathetic life is healthy or normal Aoi. I'm hugging him because he is dead. It's my fault he died because all you two were doing was protecting me and now he's dead." I said not even shedding a tear.
"Taiga he's been with me since I was a kid and i -"
"You're I'm shock, just like I am, in an hour or maybe a day or maybe even a week it will hit you like a shit ton of bricks and you won't be able to cope because as much as I'd like to deny or disagree with the fact I'm not okay after hide dying, I can't because I wish with every cell in my entire body that it was me and not him. I wish that I was killed that day and not him. Hinami would certainly be much safer, Kaneki wouldn't have gone awal, and Takasu, well he wouldn't be dead, neither would Ann. It is my fault and if I could swap roles I would in a heartbeat but I can't. But what I can do is hug my dead boyfriend to get rid of some of the pain because I didn't do anything."
Aoi walked off so I looked up at takasu 's face.
"It's you and me against the world baby. " I said quietly. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you. I'm sorry I let you die. I'm sorry I let everyone die. I'm sorry that I'm the root of everybodys problems and I'm sorry that I'm still in love with kaneki even though you were so madly in love with me you died. I'm sorry that I did all of this. I'm sorry that now, your best friend will be lost without you and it is all my fault." I snuggled into him more, just getting soaked in his blood but I didn't care because yet again something inside of me has snapped.
"Come on." Raiden said picking me up.
"I'm bloody"
"I know. Now I'm bloody too. There's someone here." He said carrying me downstairs. He carried me outside to see Kaneki standing there sadly. He put me down and took a step back.
"What the hell is he doing here." I asked.
"It's your birthday. Hinami said you had a boyfriend? By the looks of it he's dead."
"Observant you are. But I have to say your observational skills aren't why I'm in love with you!" I screamed. "You left me when I needed you more then I needed to live! I needed you here to help me get through hide's death but you were too selfish to help me! Fuck you. Fuck your stupid engagement and fuck everything!" I said crying loudly.
"Taiga please-"
"Please what? Forgive you? Forgive you for doing what I did to you plenty of times?" I asked calming down. I ran over hugging him.
"Please forgive me taiga." He whispered.
"Forgiving is easy, it's forgetting that's hard." I moved away and wiped my face with my bloody hand.
"I will always love you but you won't love me. Will you?"
He looked down and sighed putting his hand on the sides of my face. "I will always love you, infinetly and indefinitely, because you are the single most amazing thing to come out of my awful life. I love you even when you're standing here blood soaked and dirty because you are you. And no amount of time anger or grief will change that."
"I love you too." I moved his hands off my face and looked up. "But I lost hide too and you left me alone."
I looked at Hinami and smiled.
"I can't stay here for a while can I leave for a bit?"
"Yes but I'm staying here" She said walking over. "I'll call you every night."
I hugged her and smiled. "Raiden you're coming with me. I'll be in the car." I said walking off covered in blood.