Chapter 48

I was still upset about everything. Kaneki wasn't here and I genuinely did love him...but something was there for Kaito. He was sweet and kind and funny. I stayed in my room whilst Hide left and came back with food for Kaito. I stayed in my room whilst him and Hinami spoke for a bit and it stayed in my room when I heard him tell Hinami to sleep in her own room. I walked over to the windows and opened them leaning out. I felt something warm around me and it was Kaito, hugging me from behind.
"I thought I should give you some space but you've been alone for ages now" he shut the windows and turned me around. "I'm sleeping in here from now on and Hinami is staying in her room." He said getting into my bed. I laughed. I got in next to him but I wasn't tired. "How's your leg"
"It hurts still, why"
"Can you climb If I help you?"
"I suppose"
I got out of bed and ran towards the window, opening it and climbing on to the roof. I helped Kaito climb up an we sat in the roof.
"Something tells me you come up here a lot" he said smiling.
"Yeah. This is my 'go-to' place when I'm stressed or sad. The stars calm me down. "
"The moon calms me down." He said.
I looked at him and smiled. "Why the moon?"
"I don't know. It just sits up there night after night all by itself." I giggled.
I moved closer to him and held his hand. As I looked down, his hands were covered in cuts and bruises. "This your dad?" I asked. I looked up and he nodded. I gently kissed the big scar across his hand. He pulled his hand away and put it on the side of my face.
"There's something about you Taiga, your different" he said smiling. I put my hand on his and smiled. " I know your a ghoul but would you ever consider being with a human..."
"I've been with Humans before"
"Good. That means I have a shot"
He leant in and started to kiss me. I put my hands on his arm and he winced. I pulled away.
"What's the matter?" I asked. He moved away and rolled his sleeve up.
"I was glassed" he said showing me the slash in his arm that looked infected.
"Fuck me. Why didn't you get it checked out."
"I didn't think. It just really really hurts."
"Yeah! Because it's infected." I stood up. "Lets get you to the hospital" I said.

We were in the hospital for about 2 hours. He had his wound cleaned out and his leg looked at. It was in fact broken. I felt kind of bad as he was carrying me around all day but he said it didn't hurt that much. We got back to my apartment an he was in bed. I on the other hand couldn't sleep so I sat in the living room and began to read one of Kaneki's old books. There was something in the middle of it so I pulled it out and it was a picture of me and him. I stood up and walked over to the bin. I sighed. "I'm moving on" I said to myself. I ripped the picture in half and threw it in the bin. There was a knock on the door so I walked over and opened it.
"Come in" I said sitting on the couch. Hide shut the door and sat by me.
"I owe it to you to come here" he said sitting down. "Kaneki was at mine when I was here and he left this for you." He said holding out a letter. I took the letter and smiled up at him. "Thank you" i said quietly.
He sat next to me waiting of me to open the letter. I opened the letter but I didn't read it. I grabbed a lighter and set it on fire.
"Taiga?" Hide said standing up.
"No. I'm moving on. If he's writing heart felt letters I won't be able to move on will I." I held the paper and watched as it burnt.
"He's really-"
"Stop!" I interrupted. "I'm moving on."
"I'm not being funny taiga but you were gone for a year and he didn't move on. He was broken and pissed off but if you sent a letter he would kill for it."
"Yeah! I left to protect Hinami an I didn't say anything horrible before I left. He was fucking nasty to me and now I want to move on to someone that treats me nice. You were horrible to me when I was your girlfriend so was he an now, Kaito isn't horrible to me so when I decide to be his girlfriend he will be the first guy that treats me with respect when I'm his girlfriend now I think you should leave." I said walking over to my door, opening it. Hide walked out in a mood. I slammed the door and stood with my back against it. I slid down so I was sitting against the door. I began to cry into my knees. I felt a small hand try and comfort me. I looked up and it was Hinami. "It'll get better. I promise. I'm sorry that your friends keep leaving or dying but it's life and you'll always have me." I smiled and wiped my cheek.
"Thank you Hinami "