Chapter 116

I was in bed, but I wasn't sleeping when I heard a small tap on my door. I climbed out of bed and opened the door. Ayato stood there an smiled. "You like to sit on roofs don't you?" He said holding his hand out. I looked at him confused. He moved his hand and sighed. He bent over in front of me.
"Come on." He said.
"You know your audience" I smiled climbing on. He knows I can never refuse a piggy back. I wrapped my arms and legs around him whilst he walked into my room, closing the door behind him, then walked over to my window before opening it and jumping out to grab on to the trellis. He climbed up and then climbed onto the roof. I shook my head and sighed.
There were a couple of candles and two blankets with a flask which I could only presume was coffee inside.
"I also had a present made for you right before we broke up." He walked over to blanket and pulled out a small wrapped rectangle, looked like a piece of paper. I unwrapped it and nearly burst into tears.
"Ayato this is..."
"Look. I'm always going to love you, you're Taiga for god sake but I'm not Raiden, I'll respect your relationship."
"But this is too much"
"Well I had it done ages ago. No harm no foul" he said sitting down.
I looked at the certificate and smiled. It was a laminated certificate stating he had named a star after Ryo. I walked over and sat down next to him. He had two small mugs and a flask.
"Would you like some?" He asked.
"Yes please" I said, hugging the certificate.
He poured me some so I used one hand to drink it with, still clinging to the piece of laminated paper.
"I'm guessing you like it then" he said smiling.
"Yeah. I do. Thank you so much"
"It's no hassle at all." I heard a car door shut so I stood up instantly, still holding the certificate and ran to the edge of the roof. My heart literally shattered when I saw Raiden there but no Kaneki. Wait? Someone was getting out of the car. Takasu was carrying them.
I had enough so I jumped down, using my wings to act as a parachute before landing and putting them away.
"Suzuya juuzou?" I said confused. "why?" I asked.
"We didn't think you would want him left there unconscious."
"I don't but I can't have him here knowing we're harbouring ghouls?" I said handing him the certificate. "Put that in my room I'm taking him someplace else."
"Taiga" Raiden whispered.
"Don't not here, not now"
"But you bit me."
"No!" I shouted. "If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best"
"You were going to kill me! If that's your worst then nobody can handle it!"
"No! Kaneki can just like when he nearly killed me, I could handle him. I wouldn't leave him to die!"
I turned around to see Ayato picking Juuzou up.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Taking him to our old house. I moved everything from there earlier along with all of yours and your friends things from Raidens place."
"Thanks" I said smiling, getting into a car. Ayato put juuzou in the back then climbed into the drivers seat.
When we got to our old house, I carried Suzuya inside and put him on the couch. I looked at his leg and it was definitely broken. I grabbed his leg before snapping it into place. I looked around the house and saw the table an chairs so I grabbed a chair an smashed it on the ground, breaking the chair legs off. I then began to rummage around in drawers to find cello tape. I walked back over to him and used the chair leg as a splint, cello taping it to his leg.
"Completely patched up." I said standing up.
I could hear something, like a groan.
"You need to leave." I said to Ayato.
"You gonna be okay on your own?"
"Yea I know the way back. I'll be fine."
He threw the car keys at me and walked off.
"What? Where am I?" He asked sitting up before wincing.
"No. Lie back down." I said gently.
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Honestly, I don't know. I should have killed you."
"What's wrong with me? Why am i in pain"
"I don't know what happened but you were bleeding out so I stitched you up then i just realised your leg was broken, snapped it into place and patched you up. I can take you back to the investigators if you want?"
He looked at me confused. "Why have you gone to all this trouble to help me?"
"When I saw you trying to help shinohara, it just made me realise we both lost someone we looked up to. You killed an innocent man. He doesn't work for aogiri, his child does. That's why he didn't deny the charges. But he was the leader of a suicide flesh eating group called Anteiku, and you killed their innocent leader. Anteiku is filled with ghouls like me, and normal ghouls, trying to either get better or not kill anybody. It's like rehab."
"What about the eyepatch?" He asks confused.
"He use to be in Anteiku but after something happened to him, he went to the aogiri." i sat down next to him. "What's with all of theses stitches?"
"Whats with the questions? You're still a ghoul."
"A ghoul that saved your life." I stood up and walked towards the from door.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"You don't appreciate my help so find your way back on your own"
"No! Please just take me back." He said practically begging.
"Shinohara was killed I can't miss his burial!" He shouted on the verge of tears.
"You want me to take back?" I ask.
"Please."
"Wear a mask In the back of the car and I will take you back, so long as you let me go as soon as I drop you off."
"You have my word I will not come after you once I am with them."